Round 3....another M3 build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That big wang always cheers me up LOL

Video is fire, that's properly fast, makes me want to go hill blasting even more

FB: @DumbassCarCrew - IG: @fruttolo_dumbasscrew

Comment

• So Sunday morning while sitting in the pits after the drivers meeting enjoying a bacon and egg sandwich, it rained. The road was wet and I was in group 2 so I had some time to think about how to drive the car on slicks, when the road is wet and they get no heat into them. I went out and decided to just take it easy, and work on running good lines. Here is my slowest run of the whole race at 170+. My first run of the weekend was a 147...

Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

• After getting more one more semi wet run, then a 2 more dryer runs I went for my last run of the weekend. Car has a shimmy but I will be getting the ties balance this week sometime which made it feel a little scary at the end. Was clocked into turn 6 at 87 mph which was fast for me and I was happy with my improvement there. We didn't have anyone working the finish line for speeds but I know I finally broke 100mph. Here is a video of my last run of the day ending with a 136.800

Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

• Great thread to read through! Subbing for updates!

Comment

• Waiting on an x-brace for the car....then a tire balance and it'll be ready for the last race of the season. I will show some pics once I get that all done.

But.....we finally went and picked up the fiances car at her parents house. Planning on a mild build to autocross and hill climb depending on costs. I have a ton of research to do thats for sure. She has owned it 10 years now and her uncle and her did the resto on it. Originally paid $400 for it and it took a lot of work. 1986 or close to that El Camino....v6 (its getting a ls eventually)

IMG_6365 by minthinrich, on Flickr
            Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

• Okay..I'm in for truck stuff .

BMW is still rad

Comment

• My mind was tricked into reading that plate as "YEE - HAW"

Nice variety in your garage right now

FB: @DumbassCarCrew - IG: @fruttolo_dumbasscrew

Comment

• Those skidmarks weren't there, were they?
                  I'm also in for more truck stuff
                  Happy to see you enjoy the e36 more often.
                  "You could roll an E30 in a BMW showroom today and people would think:
                  Well, they finally got the 1 series right!"

3.0 L e30 ground up build

Comment

• Got a box

IMG_6384 by minthinrich, on Flickr

Took about 5 minutes to install. Spent a little more on an X-Brace that was powdercoated...kinda pointless since it had minor rust and wasnt properly cleaned out and rust/dirt came out of the one part. Oh well at least it looks fancy.

IMG_6385 by minthinrich, on Flickr
                    Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

• Originally posted by hinrichs View Post
                      After getting more one more semi wet run, then a 2 more dryer runs I went for my last run of the weekend. Car has a shimmy but I will be getting the ties balance this week sometime which made it feel a little scary at the end. Was clocked into turn 6 at 87 mph which was fast for me and I was happy with my improvement there. We didn't have anyone working the finish line for speeds but I know I finally broke 100mph. Here is a video of my last run of the day ending with a 136.800

Nice, really nice

Now more photos of that Camino

Comment

• Totally forgot to post this beauty that was in the garage for a little while. My friends dads first car. Its mostly original and was restored fully when we were kids (Im 32 so prolly like 20 years ago?) He needed some safe storage while his garage at home was getting the floor coated. Ended up rebuilding his center console while I was bored. It was basically falling apart, and he said it was never sturdy. Well I fixed that and made a radio mount.

IMG_6317 by minthinrich, on Flickr
                        IMG_6324 by minthinrich, on Flickr

Made another horn blank, Im sure I will end up doing this over again. I do want to wire in a horn button sometime, since the random times this goes on the road, I have needed one.

IMG_6468 by minthinrich, on Flickr

Sucks these dont just bolt on......

IMG_6466 by minthinrich, on Flickr

I was planning on a diff swap for the race this weekend. Well my driveshaft is a 6 bolt....I need a 4 bolt....they arent easy to find it seems. Thought I could rebuild my stock one with an auto rear tail section....nope of course my fronts the wrong style. Oh well that can wait. So while I had the driveshaft out, figured it was finally time to make a better shifter plate and boot setup. The last one the hole underneath was wayy to large and didnt really seal at all. Now granted this one really doesnt seal perfectly, the boot is a much better fit this time so I dont really care. I cant see my tranny anymore so that makes me happy.

Started with a new cut out shifter plate itself. I used this since I moved the shifter back from the original position to get the lever closer to my seating postition. Wasnt much but maybe 2". I dont like having so many bolts for it, but if I ever get a sequential with paddle shift...well I have a tunnel cover.

IMG_6448 by minthinrich, on Flickr

Threw in the shifter which I welded some bolts to. Makes install about 100x easier now. Ignore the crap paint on it, I used some bedliner and it had some bubbles.

IMG_6463 by minthinrich, on Flickr

Now onto the semi-final product. I used a dust boot from my jeep shocks which seems to work well. I will recoat the bottom part of the shifter over winter when I pull it apart again, and prolly get the plate powder coated as well. I dont like the red boot, but it does flow well with the switches.

IMG_6464 by minthinrich, on Flickr
                        Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

• New shifter plate looks great. I always ***** open tunnels on drift/whatever cars.

Comment

• Good work! Excited to see what happens to the El Camino and that 2002 looks minty!

@projects_always

Comment

• Shakedown run to work and back the other day, all is well

IMG_6480 by minthinrich, on Flickr

Got bored while getting it ready for this weekend and pulling the bumper for the trailer, swapped back to smoked lights. Might get smoked tails for fun.

6472BD9A-C420-4C2B-9937-1C86E75DA981 by minthinrich, on Flickr
                              Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

• i haven't been on here for a while, but i am so happy this is still going and you stuck with it!
                                Instagram - Benwalsh91

Comment

Working...
                                X