Clear All

• I want.... that shop..... so bad.

Comment

• do you have an extra room to rent? Maybe that nice shed

FB: @DumbassCarCrew - IG: @fruttolo_dumbasscrew

Comment

• [QUOTE=hinrichs;1609744]
        [url=https://flic.kr/p/2gC3zPA]

Looks like you need some more rock, the lip going in looks huge from that angle haha. Big congrats on the house purchase though man!
        grimegang_cody on insta if you want to follow my build

Comment

• Originally posted by hinrichs View Post
          Took a break while painting the house last night. I dont think I will ever get tired of this view from my bedroom window.

IMG_6031 by minthinrich, on Flickr
          I'm so jealous right now! That is the dream!

Comment

• Thanks guys, I have yet to really do anything in the garage at all, but hopefully can get everything else moved this weekend and then start doing something to the car. I did order some hardmotorsport pedals however to add some better footing for the next race. I will get some pics of anything I do this weekend to keep this more interesting for some updates next week.
            Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

• Got the rear diff and trans fluid drained. Trans didnt really need to be changed, but it was leaking and I figured why not just do it while I can. Its been slightly leaking from the drain plug so it may have been a little low anyway. I plan to do a clutch over winter once the car can sit again.

IMG_6141 by minthinrich, on Flickr

Also finally drained the rear diff. I have wanted to do this since I bought the car and never had the time to get it done. No signs of anything weird in the fluid which is good. I do have a weird vibration somewhere in the driveline...which I think its a little play in the driveshaft itself. Might find a local shop to rebuild the u-joints if I cant replace it myself. I would love a one piece shaft but they are $$$ for these cars.

IMG_6146 by minthinrich, on Flickr

I know this isnt a fun update since its just pictures of the underside so I am sorry.
              Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

• Do you have knowledge about single piece driveshafts? After my little issue with the oem shaft and solid guibo I was almost ready to splurge on one but people told me it's a bad idea since having no guibo it is "too hard" on other parts?

FB: @DumbassCarCrew - IG: @fruttolo_dumbasscrew

Comment

• Originally posted by Fruttolo View Post
                  Do you have knowledge about single piece driveshafts? After my little issue with the oem shaft and solid guibo I was almost ready to splurge on one but people told me it's a bad idea since having no guibo it is "too hard" on other parts?
                  I will do more research on it first. I found some decent options with rebuilt shafts but seems like more than it should cost. My one u-joint has play but its not terrible. This winter I might try and see if the one local shop to me can rebuild it. The one piece I only really see on very high HP cars.
                  Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

• Congrats on the new house and garage! Looks like a killer setup!

"Emmaline" B8.5 Audi A4 2.0TFSI Quattro 6MT Build Thread
                    "Ophelia" MK7.5 Volkswagen GTI SE Performance 6MT Build Thread

MKIV Volkswagen Golf GLS 2.0 5MT Coming Soon to a Forum Near You

RIP "Effy" E60 BMW 530xi 6MT [N52] Build Thread
                    SOLD"Adéline"B5 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro 5MT Build Thread

Comment

• Did a thing over the weekend.....sandbar....it was a fun time

IMG_6218 by minthinrich, on Flickr

Got home, needed to finish up my pedal install since I am in crunch mode for this weekends race. Ignore the dead pedal being on an angle. I bent the floor pan a little so it sits kinda funny right now. Its fine tho for foot position. Maybe over winter ill figure out how to get my clutch pedal lined up better. I replaced the pedal and also the bushings so its neither of those. Must be the cast pin itself is bent but that doesnt make any sense to me. Added some grip tape which made them much better.

IMG_6231 by minthinrich, on Flickr

Also one of my furry helpers in the garage yesterday.

IMG_6229 by minthinrich, on Flickr
                      Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

• Wow congrats man!

@projects_always

Comment

• Congrats dude!

Comment

• Video of my fastest run on day one. Started off with a 146.839 and ended with a 138.478

We had a rain storm hit in the morning on sunday which made everything slow till it dried. I ended up with a 136.800 for my fastest run overall. Cant wait to see the speeds across the finish line.
                            Last edited by hinrichs; 08-19-2019, 01:01 PM.
                            Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

• enjoyed the video, great sound and looked fast!

Comment

• One I stole from the local paper

BA8DA66C-AF29-4137-B184-796248DE46BF-1055-0000009767ABC4E8 by minthinrich, on Flickr

And a few from a good friend.

DSC_6535 2 by James, on Flickr
                                DSC_6422 2 by James, on Flickr
                                DSC_6407 2 by James, on Flickr
                                DSC_5985 2 by James, on Flickr
                                DSC_5979 2 by James, on Flickr
                                Last edited by hinrichs; 08-19-2019, 12:59 PM.
                                Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

Working...
                                X