Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

burn it

Originally posted by Stupid Kid
    I need the weed in advance i can't ride my bmx across the ocean unless im high

Comment

Originally posted by 190Evan View Post
      burn it
      Trust me I have sure wanted to.

I am going to try and change the steering fluid tonight since its Black....so its prolly never been done. The pump isnt making any noise so I am thinking bad fluid its just not flowing properly or something stupid.

Also talked to my tuner and he said the vanos probably isnt timed correctly which is really easy to have happen. Need to look into what tools I need for that or maybe get lucky and find someone locally that will help me out for a case of beer or something.
      Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

Turned 30 yesterday so took the day off to work on the car and drink beer, changed the ps fluid a few times and its better, but I think I will rebuild the pump soon or go try and find one at the junkyard this weekend just incase. Sounds like its whining.

Also I have had this MK3 CL lip for a while sitting in the garage, so figured why not throw it on for fun.

M3 CL LIP by minthinrich, on Flickr
        Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

Happy birthday dude!

Comment

Started to really look at wheels and tires again today since I can drive the car for the most part. Was going to pull the trigger on Kosei K1 but they dont hold up on the street. Rotiform RSE are very heavy so dont really want those either.

Decisions, decisions.
            Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

Fifteen52?

Comment

Originally posted by saturnstance View Post
                Fifteen52?
                I have always wanted a set of tarmacs, and right before the car was fixed at the shop they had the buy 3, get one free deal which I passed on. So they are kinda out of the question till another sale or I can find a decent used set. Just really trying to keep the wheel budget low which is starting to get hard.
                Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

That's how I am. I wait for deals..which could take years lol

Comment

I need tires which is the part that really sucks. While I can get some cheap ones on the stock wheels, I dont want to pay for a mount and balance and then just be annoyed with them.
                    Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

I use simpletire.com for all my tires.

I just noticed you're in Wyomissing..i'm in Allentown lol

Comment

We will have to meet up sometime.

So I might have my stock jeep wheels & tires sold, and also my seat covers which will free up some money to get wheels
                        Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

Should have some more boring updates this weekend, as I will be rebuilding the power steering pump. It has been fighting me since I picked the car up. It worked perfectly for a day after it sat for a week when I flushed the fluid. Yesterday it was back to not working again so I finally ordered the parts, and also a lip for the bumper which I have had the mounting hardware sitting for.

Need to remember to take a lot of pics.
                          Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

Any 914 builds

Comment

Threw the lip on yesterday since I got out of work early and managed to get my jeep more inspection ready which is a pain anymore.

Install isnt really too bad, but kind of annoying. This lip doesnt fit 100% but I didnt think it would be perfect since its the ECS rep and not oem. Basically just drill 7 holes along the front and then 4 on the sides and your done.

front lip 1 by minthinrich, on Flickr

Installed, hard to see it but whatever. I am happy and I will prolly get the reiger add on after wheels and stuffs. Actually maybe I may try the MKahmotorsports splitter instead and just order it next week or something #becauseracecar.

front lip 2 by minthinrich, on Flickr

Also finally got my temp to work, funny how my last E36 and this one both just had the ripped wires where the temp sensor would have gone. I didnt think it was working at all, but slowly it finally started to work this morning after staying around +2 for a while yesterday.
                              Last edited by hinrichs; 07-28-2017, 09:57 AM.
                              Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

Nothing new really. Just been driving it here and there.

Bad pic from the other night.

trash car by minthinrich, on Flickr

Forgot I finally fixed this. Took over a day to finally recognize the sensor which was really weird, but I am happy now. Funny as my last E36 had the wires ripped off for the sensor as well. I still **** the wood trim, but learning to like it.

obc temp by minthinrich, on Flickr

Installed one of my old sparco harness. It kinda sucks, but I wanted to see how the vader would be with something better than the stock belt to hold me into the seat. Just really need to play with the seat more to get it comfortable before I make up my mind and order something better.

old sparco by minthinrich, on Flickr

Thought this was funny when I was working on them both.

standoff by minthinrich, on Flickr

Still working on wheel options. When I was rolling the front fenders more over this past weekend, I learned my coilovers have no adjustment for camber which confuses me as I thought they were one step up in the megan coilovers since they have 32 clicks of adjustment on them, but they have the standard top mounts. I need to figure out if I can retro fit them, or just sell them and upgrade which will push back wheels and tires even longer.
                                Last edited by hinrichs; 08-08-2017, 09:11 AM.
                                Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

Working...
                                X