Round 3....another M3 build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rightfullrudder View Post
    Looks like it's coming along great. Cute cat. How do you like those tires? Have been trying to step up slightly from the Chinese tires I was running on the Mazda but not really sure what to go with.
    Hopefully they live up to their reviews I was reading. They seem very soft which should be good. I wanted the 100 treadwear but didnt want to spend the slight bit more they cost. I might finally be buying some wheels today so once I get them and have the tires mounted I will let you know what they are like.
    Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

• I always forget about this. Then when I finally log back in I'm like YES UPDATES.

Awesome progress and updates.

Comment

• Are you getting rid of the Enkei's? I've been waiting to see a picture of this with the suspension and those wheels all dialed in.

@projects_always

Comment

• Originally posted by saturnstance View Post
          I always forget about this. Then when I finally log back in I'm like YES UPDATES.

Awesome progress and updates.
          Thanks man, we will have to meet up someday. Wouldnt mind seeing your wagon

Originally posted by cblock406 View Post
          Are you getting rid of the Enkei's? I've been waiting to see a picture of this with the suspension and those wheels all dialed in.
          I am keeping them, just either adding another set of wheels, or putting the "street" tires on them. The suspension is actually more dialed in now, I just havent been able to roll it out of the garage. Also just picked up a new project last night lol.
          Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

• Some really boring updates....

Finally got the back window painted and installed with all the bolts. Only had to drill 4 rivnuts out (ended up using a bolt and washer method instead of a new tool cuz I cant decide which to get). Happy with the fitment. Also switched to black coated washers that were a smaller od and they look 10x better. The fitment is very good on the window, I just have it a little off center.

window 5 by minthinrich, on Flickr
            window 6 by minthinrich, on Flickr

Switched out the hardware on the rear 1/4 windows as well, and added 2 more bolts to the front. 2 bolts were prolly enough, but I wanted the top to fit tighter and now they seem more secure. Cant wait to see how well these vents actually work. Hopefully since the car really isnt sealed, it wont fog up on me. I might add some vents to the bottom of the rear window as well, but not sure if thats needed yet.

1-4 window 1 by minthinrich, on Flickr
            1-4 window 2 by minthinrich, on Flickr

Also pulled the wing so I can redo the tension rods, or sell it for a different wing I have my eye on. It sure makes the car look weird to me, but its way easier to walk around the car now in the garage. Also here is about what the front looks like now on the new springs and lowered down. I really need to make my camber gauge to see how much I lost from pulling the lower shims. Currently its 18x10 et 20 and I think sits perfectly. I will get better pics cuz I forgot to save the one from my story.

fitment 1 by minthinrich, on Flickr
            fitment 2 by minthinrich, on Flickr
            fitment 3 by minthinrich, on Flickr
            Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

• Originally posted by hinrichs View Post
              Thanks man, we will have to meet up someday. Wouldnt mind seeing your wagon

I am keeping them, just either adding another set of wheels, or putting the "street" tires on them. The suspension is actually more dialed in now, I just havent been able to roll it out of the garage. Also just picked up a new project last night lol.

Which Wagon? lol

Comment

Which Wagon? lol
                No more lexus sport cross?
                Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

• I still have it.

I listed it for sale though. Life happened.

I still have the subaru.

Comment

• Looks so good, nice and meaty flush
                    grimegang_cody on insta if you want to follow my build

Comment

• Car is getting neglected since it has a new room mate in the garage, I felt bad so I bought it another set of wheels. 18x10 ARC-8 In satin black.
                      Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

Car is getting neglected since it has a new room mate in the garage, I felt bad so I bought it another set of wheels. 18x10 ARC-8 In satin black.
                        Yes pics? This thing chuuunky
                        I just need something to go from point A to point B
                        so i bought 3 bmws
                        @cressidodd

Comment

• Originally posted by cressidodd View Post
                          Yes pics? This thing chuuunky
                          Ill get some once I get the wheels and finally get the tires that have been sitting in my living room mounted. The new wheels are getting the 265/35/18 which seem very close in size to the extra slicks in my basement lol. The car currently looks like complete ass and is covered in dust. I feel really bad for it.
                          Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

The car currently looks like complete ass and is covered in dust. I feel really bad for it.
                            Tell me about it. My technoviolet coupes been under a pine tree for months now
                            I just need something to go from point A to point B
                            so i bought 3 bmws
                            @cressidodd

Comment

• Feel bad for a project so you buy parts.

This is 100% me lol

Comment

Feel bad for a project so you buy parts.

This is 100% me lol
                                Main real push to buy another set was so I can drive the car before june. As it sits, its a garage/trailer queen that cant legally be driven on the street.
                                Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

Working...
                                X