• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really feeling them wheels!
    Instagram - Benwalsh91

Comment

Originally posted by pDubs View Post
      Did you go with 245/40r17 all around? Looks good!
      Yes, havent driven it much yet but happy with the sizes

Originally posted by Benwalsh91 View Post
      Really feeling them wheels!
      Thanks man, I wasnt sure at first, but I love them.

So I have been busy the last few days.

Started with a big box from MKahmotorsports.

mkah box by minthinrich, on Flickr

Which was hiding a rear diffuser, and also extended shift knob. (Threw the knob in, forgot to take a pic). Diffuser comes in pieces, threw it together right away.

shift knob by minthinrich, on Flickr

diffuser 1 by minthinrich, on Flickr

Should have waited for a friend or used my girlfriend to help me with the install, but I have like zero paitence with new parts, so used a jack and got it on myself. I have to say it fits rather well.

diffuser 2 by minthinrich, on Flickr

Also, super exciting one. Didnt really need this, but whatever I have it now and I am happy. Rouge Engineering quick release, which can accept any pattern wheel. I ran this in my red car, and was really happy with it. Was nervous at first since it moves the wheel back another 2.5" I think, but even with the stock seat, its in a perfect position now for me. Once I order a seat I know it will be even better.

ROUGE 1 by minthinrich, on Flickr
      Last edited by hinrichs; 09-15-2017, 07:23 AM.
      Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

Started my suspension install Wednesday night late, and finished last night.

New isc coils, ended with the "street" rates from bimmerworld which is 8k/10k. The avail of the "track" was a few months out, and these were reccomended for my intended use and should be more than enough. Might swap to swift springs at a later time but I think I will be very happy. They ship in a small box which was smart due to the bodies being apart. Cool to see a company who believes in sending swag along with their products.

isc-1 by minthinrich, on Flickr
        isc 1 by minthinrich, on Flickr
        isc 2 by minthinrich, on Flickr
        isc 4 by minthinrich, on Flickr
        isc 3 by minthinrich, on Flickr

Last night I was able to get the rears on, which I think I will need to raise slightly. Shooting for a final 12.5" front and 12" rear height which I have been reading is ideal.

isc 5 by minthinrich, on Flickr

Was nice to my neighbors and pushed the car out of the garage since it was around 11, and had to take a pic.

diffuser 3 by minthinrich, on Flickr

night shot by minthinrich, on Flickr
        Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

Looks so good with the diffuser and new wheels.
          Last edited by royalife; 09-17-2017, 06:35 PM.
          E36 Bonnie

Comment

Car looks good on the koseis. Curious to hear your impressions of the ride quality on the ISC coilovers. Currently the ST XTA is at the top of my list, but these are substantially cheaper and pretty well reviewed.
            My Build:

Comment

This thing is looking super good. Good work!

Comment

Nice M3 you got there. Liking the meaty setup.
                '18 BMW F80 M3 San Marino blue / Amaro brown
                instagram.com/frodedale

Comment

Love the car, nice and subtle.
                  Curious about the number plate situation at the back.. looks like a american plate on top of a UK one?

Comment

Originally posted by screescree View Post
                    Curious about the number plate situation at the back.. looks like a american plate on top of a UK one?
                    Was just thinking the same. Whats up with that?
                    Www.GrantMcDonnell.Com
                    @WeAreCerti

Comment

• Originally posted by royalife View Post
                      Looks so good with the diffuser and new wheels.
                      Thanks, the look I am going after is working out well.

Originally posted by bdesmarteauej205 View Post
                      This thing is looking super good. Good work!
                      Thank you

Originally posted by screescree View Post
                      Originally posted by GrantLDN View Post
                      Was just thinking the same. Whats up with that?
                      Ran the same plate on my last one for fun, just trying to do more of what I did years ago running 2 plates. I had a nice german plate but destroyed it over the years sadly.

Originally posted by philohlean View Post
                      Car looks good on the koseis. Curious to hear your impressions of the ride quality on the ISC coilovers. Currently the ST XTA is at the top of my list, but these are substantially cheaper and pretty well reviewed.
                      I will let you know after I get more miles on them. For the little I have driven however, they ride great. I have been playing with the dampening settings and went from 16 down to 8 and the ride is much better at the height I am at. I will be taking it on a slight highway test tonight so I can report back after that. I really need to get into a parking lot or something to see how it will handle. They dont seem to go super low, but thats not what I bought them for. I am right around the 12.5" F and 12" R setting which is what supposed to be optimal height.

For the price its really hard to beat the setup tho. I wanted the "track" offering which is the same price, but the spring rates are only slightly higher and they were about ~ 4 months out to build. The spring rates I think are 8k and 10k on my setup and seem to be more than enough. They also use what I believe to be linear springs front and back. I was worried about the back at first being the stupid "beehive" type spring which is shown in pictures but seems they ditched that finally.
                      Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

• So after updating my phone, I somehow lost all my pictures, thankfully I saved some of the car on flickr.

Now for some updates as I was waiting for more parts to show up.

This one is super exciting I know......New trim for the sides. The other day in the process of trying to put on new clips....I found out all of the trim metal structure was rusted away and thats why it was basically all falling off. Also both door moldings on the front section had been broken so it was all kinds of a mess. Nothing like some fresh new oem trim to brighten up your day.

new trim 1 by minthinrich, on Flickr
                        new trim by minthinrich, on Flickr

I should have taken a picture of what I used, but I forgot. Its kind of some weird oil stuff that I think works well to blacken trim back to what it should be. Worked well on the bumpers. Hopefully it holds up.

new trim 2 by minthinrich, on Flickr

Last week I tried to fix the door panels once again, it worked, and then I installed them and yup they fell right back apart after putting in all new clips and shit. I was pissed so I ordered door panels. (I had pics of this...yeah). Went with the Mkahmotorsport V3 with no speaker cut outs, or mirror switch, and blue door pulls. I will paint the screws eventually...didnt want to shell out the extra money for the black ones.

door panel by minthinrich, on Flickr
                        door panel 1 by minthinrich, on Flickr
                        Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

• nice wood.
                          Instagram - Benwalsh91

Comment

• looking fresh mate

Comment

• Originally posted by Benwalsh91 View Post
                              nice wood.
                              I didnt mind it at first....yeah now I **** the wood. Been on a search for replacements without much luck.

Originally posted by pottsalot View Post
                              looking fresh mate
                              Thanks

Over the weekend I ended up getting the rear cards installed, and stripped out some stuff. Really need to stop myself from pulling sound deadening and making it just like my last car which I feel is coming. Just trying to enjoy a semi-quiet interior. I made a mistake and made myself mad. Ended up cutting the wrong part of my other sparco harness, so I will need to order a new one for my passenger. Oh well.
                              Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

• I pass you from time to time on Lancaster Ave, this thing looks good! Shoot me a message, I for sure have a black shift surround and I believe I may have an Arctic Silver door as well. I'm just outside of Mohnton, so not far from you!

Comment

Working...
                                X