No announcement yet.

Round 3....another M3 build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last race of the season happened over the weekend. Kinda sad but now I have a lot to work on over the winter.

Last year, this race was my first ever. I ran street tires and didnt think much about it. Car did good, I learned a lot. I started with a 81.620 and finished with a 69.420. Forward to this year...with some much needed changes and tires I had one goal. Get as close to my best time on the first run. Road was cold, it was damp, couldnt really get any heat into the tires. Checked my time once I got to the top.....well I pulled off a 70.398. I was beyond happy and ready for the weekend. Only ended up with 3 runs due to some rain, and also someone blowing an oil line at the finish coating the course down to the turn around...took about an hour and a half to clean up. #2 - 66.767 #3 - 67.481

Sunday was a lot better, sun was shining and everyone was ready. We had a few incidents....my one friends car is now totaled but he is okay. Got 5 runs which was awesome and I ran my personal best of 63.965. That run felt like a sunday drive and was perfect. I know what I need to do for next season for sure. Clutch slipping was the major problem of the day but the car did great. #1 - 67.481 #2 - 64.103 #3- 65.293 #4-63.965 #5-64.398

Took 2 pictures, but have a video of each run.

IMG_6504 by minthinrich, on Flickr
    IMG_6508 by minthinrich, on Flickr
    Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

• car looks great, will be watching for the video

Comment

• Best run I had

Last edited by hinrichs; 09-17-2019, 07:36 AM.
        Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

• You jumped it!

Awesome as always, very clean driving

FB: @DumbassCarCrew - IG: @fruttolo_dumbasscrew

Comment

• Good job man!
            Apart from a new clutch, what you're gonna do this winter?

Comment

• Looks like a great run!

Comment

• Originally posted by DawsonLiri View Post
                Good job man!
                Apart from a new clutch, what you're gonna do this winter?
                Clutch and flywheel (not sure how extreme ill go yet), new cage, window net, rear upper arms, rear diff (i think 3.91s), new/used driveshaft, all rear bushings.

Also trying to get an enclosed trailer as well which is gonna be expensive.

I have to say, not having really anything to work on right now is a bummer. Might be getting another silver coupe from a friend for either another shell to build, or a minor build for the lady. Camino is still in the planning stages.....but its gonna be a very expensive build even to just get her on the road.
                Last edited by hinrichs; 09-23-2019, 09:13 AM.
                Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

• Bmw made a new garage friend last night. Jeep went to its new home last night. (couldnt justify the $$$$ when its trail only)

2003 Suzuki VL800. Needs some parts here and there but can be ridden as is.

IMG_6608 by minthinrich, on Flickr
                  IMG_6607 by minthinrich, on Flickr
                  Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

• Love the color on the bike, deep brown is so underrated on everything. Also catching up with the last race, awesome times! Loved the footage as well, looks like so much fun. Can’t wait to see what’s next.

Comment

• So while drinking with some friends at the last race, I was on ebay and did some buzzed shopping. I checked on this item a few times, and decided to just finally pull the trigger. Waited a little while, no tracking per usual and then this box showed up from Bulgaria.

IMG_6643 by minthinrich, on Flickr

Hmm what could it be

IMG_6645 by minthinrich, on Flickr

Got some Inpro Smoked tails. I was hoping they were bnib but they looked slightly used with the one seal. Oh well whatever. Pull the lights out, wow the car is gross. Yes there is some surface rust...car might get painted someday.

IMG_6647 by minthinrich, on Flickr

Threw the lights in, looks 100x better in my opinion. This all stemmed from throwing in the smoked from turns.

IMG_6648 by minthinrich, on Flickr
                      IMG_6649 by minthinrich, on Flickr
                      IMG_6650 by minthinrich, on Flickr
                      Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

• love seeing the updates on this build & how much fun you have been having with it.

Premiere Autosports /Instagram - Kole_Grove86
                        [

Comment

• You buying items from the city I live in gives me the stomach butterflies of joy.
                          Let me know if you need me to scope something out for you if you see something else of interest in my area.
                          Bike is killer
                          "You could roll an E30 in a BMW showroom today and people would think:
                          Well, they finally got the 1 series right!"

3.0 L e30 ground up build

Comment

• Those Inpros look amazing, total facelift (tail-lift?) for an E36.

Comment

• Originally posted by bwwaaaa View Post
                              Those Inpros look amazing, total facelift (tail-lift?) for an E36.
                              X2

FB: @DumbassCarCrew - IG: @fruttolo_dumbasscrew

Comment

• Wow, great job in knocking several seconds off your previous best! The smoked tails look great.

Comment

Working...
                                X