Round 3....another M3 build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hinrichs View Post
    I think I will just be getting another stock one. Going through rackdoctor.net which I think you have to get whatever you will be sending back to them since they need a core which doesnt cost anything but I think you get a lifetime warranty at that point. Its only $250 shipped which is nice as well instead of 500+ for the reman ones everyone else sells.
    shit man! you can get purple tag racks here for like £80.
    Instagram - Benwalsh91

Comment

• Ready for the most exciting update yet?

I got a new windshield which only took me like a year. It cracked one day when I jacked the car oddly.

windshield by minthinrich, on Flickr

Also over the weekend got my new rack installed. Wasnt too bad to do but I need to pull it back out and re-center it cuz of course I had to mess that up. Everything went back together relatively easy which was nice. Glad I didnt loose any hardware needed when I pulled the whole power steering system out of the car. Ideally I will get all new lines, but nothing is leaking that I can see. Still not happy with the feel, but I think it might be something in the steering shaft where the bearings are that its rusty or something. I really need to drive another one to see how it feels.

steering rack 2 by minthinrich, on Flickr
      steering rack 1 by minthinrich, on Flickr

Also completely forgot I have had the car a year now...I am only 4 days late . Came a long way in 1 year I would say.

CLEAN 2 by minthinrich, on Flickr
      bmw1 by minthinrich, on Flickr

Next up is a vanos rebuild tho, since I still have a code for the actuator which I have replaced. I am thinking its stuck and not working properly or out of time.
      Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

• I had the alignment shop center my rack for like an extra $50 when they did the alignment. Congrats on the 1 year!

@projects_always

Comment

• Drove it on saturday a little, I always laugh how small I look in the car.

outside 2 by minthinrich, on Flickr
          outside 1 by minthinrich, on Flickr

Rebuilt vanos comes today and tools and such comes tomorrow I think. Not excited to redo it, but I think that will cure my one CEL that I constantly have. PO said it was done, but he could not provide any receipt of this happening or he actually did it and the timing is slightly off.
          Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

• made it to work, back apart tonight again

first drive april by minthinrich, on Flickr
            Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

• Did the vanos over the weekend....kept asking myself why I didnt just order some cams as well.

VANOS by minthinrich, on Flickr

Still have a missfire on cylinder #4. Plugs will go in tonight. I am at a crossroads however...thinking about future plans since the car just sits anyway....
              Last edited by hinrichs; 05-07-2018, 12:31 PM.
              Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

• Clean yo MAF!
                Instagram: @Eurow

Comment

• Finally its running right, and I finally got 5th gear to work. I never adjusted the stops on the shifter. Little bag is my "glove box" hah

interior1 by minthinrich, on Flickr

Wanted to try this idea out, prolly redo the hood since I made it a little small. When I measured it seemed to make more sense to keep it in the hood lines.

zima 2 by minthinrich, on Flickr
                  zima 1 by minthinrich, on Flickr
                  Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

• Nothing really new to update other than I pulled the Zima off....and stopped driving it again due to steering issues. When its hot outside it steers like crap again, and I have a nasty shimmy that I havent been able to figure out yet. Loosing interest in the car once again since I got rid of my jeep and have a new super reliable daily. One of the local hill climbs is this weekend tho which maybe will get me wanting to actually race it...if I can get it to drive better. Also picked up a boat so the bmw is more house art than anything sitting out front.

sierra boat by minthinrich, on Flickr
                    Last edited by hinrichs; 06-21-2018, 08:19 AM.
                    Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

• Are you using the factory power steering reservoir?

Comment

• Great build. I'm buildiing my e36 M3 as well for track and weekend duty. I usually run w PCA guys in the tri state area. Usually NJMC, Poconos, Lime Rock, and Watkins and NY Safety occasionally.
                        Maybe i'll see u around.

BTW what front lips are those?

Comment

• looks good dude

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeyRa View Post
                            Are you using the factory power steering reservoir?
                            Factory res, rebuilt pump, new rebuilt rack, new inner and out tie rods, solid lolipops, basic string alignment after new rack(shimmy on stock wheels and new wheels with proper alignment before)

Originally posted by micmicmotorbike View Post
                            Great build. I'm buildiing my e36 M3 as well for track and weekend duty. I usually run w PCA guys in the tri state area. Usually NJMC, Poconos, Lime Rock, and Watkins and NY Safety occasionally.
                            Maybe i'll see u around.

BTW what front lips are those?
                            hopefully I will get to race it sometime once I have some faith in it. I am running the mkah splitter paired with the bimmerworld lip http://www.bimmerworld.com/MaxVeloci...Spoiler_2.html

Originally posted by Miroteknik View Post
                            looks good dude
                            Thanks man !
                            Last edited by hinrichs; 06-21-2018, 10:05 AM.
                            Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

• Have you inspected the steering shaft or the shaft bushing? That's where my train of thought is going.

Comment

• I will try and check those out. I know when I had the rack out I didnt really notice anything that looked bent or damaged. Also the steering guibo looked fine.
                                Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

Working...
                                X