Build Sanctuary?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Build Sanctuary?

Anyone else get a invite and thread made for a site called BuildSanctuary.com in a PM message? Wondering if this is legit or a spammer. Site does look legit, but skeptical.

New one on me. Looks like they've already got your Civic; did you give them permission?

Comment

This was in my PM. Like I said, seems legit and the person seems nice, just was weird, wondering if I was only one or few.

Originally posted by CraigLovelock
      Hey, I hope you don't mind me using your build thread on our website.This project looks like alot of fun and It will be a great addition to the content.

I have been developing a website over the last year and am populating it now. The website is essentially a blogging network for car build threads. You can follow builds, comment, see which are trending, get ranks, get notified when a build has been updated etc. We are bringing build threads into the modern, social era.

I have created an account for you and transferred over your build thread from here. It took about 10 minutes as its simply copy and paste from forums.

The main advantage of my website to a forum, is the fact that its updates one after another. Users can still comment, but you dont have to scroll through pages searching for updates. You can also hide all comments if you just want to read the updates.

The build URL: http://buildsanctuary.com/viewbuild/61/sleeps-civic/1

Your username: Sleeps

Password (you can change this):******** (>c

Thanks for reading. If you want me to delete the build off the website then that's not a problem. You still own all the copyright to the images and content. The account created is yours, you can log on and edit each update, change the title, hide the build, change its cover image etc.

However, really looking to start building the community and get people with great cars on board! The aim is for 100's and maybe 1000's of different car builds from all different types of scenes.

Would be great to hear a reply, even just a couple of words about the site.

Many thanks, Craig.

Comment

He's using your hard work for views on his website, without your permission.

Tell him to take it down.
        BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
        Originally posted by Ollie
        We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

^ my feelings exactly.

I don't get any shady vibes from the PM per se, but his behavior in lifting your build thread without permission and placing you in the role of the "bad guy" if you want it removed is completely unacceptable, IMO.

Comment

Celli at his finest!

Comment

Where does he say he hasn't given permission?

Although I just looked on there and my friend has a build on his mk2, quick text to see if he knows about it too
              Instagram: @Lhottekins

Comment

Originally posted by Lhotte View Post
                Where does he say he hasn't given permission?

Although I just looked on there and my friend has a build on his mk2, quick text to see if he knows about it too
                I know it takes effort to read all of the posts, but it's painfully obvious that the guy from the website copy and pasted all of Sleeps work onto a website without asking, and is now basically asking him if it's okay.
                BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
                Originally posted by Ollie
                We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

Yep, that is exactly what happened. I went to the site to sign in but oddly enough, the password does not work. So I have PMed him but nothing yet. Its a cool site, and I am honored to have my ragedy build on there, though it was without permission. Once I can get a response from him, ill see how it goes.

EDIT: Here is what I got from sending him another PM today:

CraigLovelock has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.

If you are trying to send this message to multiple recipients, remove CraigLovelock from the recipient list and send the message again.
                  Last edited by sleeps; 08-15-2014, 08:00 AM.

Comment

Wow, attitude isn't needed. I missed that bit!!

I spoke to my friend who has the mk2 resto build on there and he wasn't even aware of it at all!!
                    Instagram: @Lhottekins

Comment

Originally posted by sleeps View Post
                      Yep, that is exactly what happened. I went to the site to sign in but oddly enough, the password does not work. So I have PMed him but nothing yet. Its a cool site, and I am honored to have my ragedy build on there, though it was without permission. Once I can get a response from him, ill see how it goes.

EDIT: Here is what I got from sending him another PM today:

CraigLovelock has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.

If you are trying to send this message to multiple recipients, remove CraigLovelock from the recipient list and send the message again.
                      That is distressing, as the contact page on their website just includes a shitty web form that I'm sure goes nowhere. This guy appears to be friendly and easy to work with if you want your build off their site, but he has actually put in some effort to make sure you can't contact him or remove the build yourself.
                      Last edited by Oh Damn, it's Sam; 08-15-2014, 10:49 AM.

Comment

Very odd and very not cool. I'm looking into it. Anyone who received these PMs feel free to forward a copy to me.

Comment

^ much appreciated!

Comment

Yeah, thanks. Hope you got my PM FWD.

Comment

Curious whatever became of this. Were you ever able to get in touch with this Craig Lovelock character?

I've been keeping the occasional eye on the BuildSanctuary website. They're still adding builds - some that I recognize - but they don't seem to have found mine yet. Here's hoping they don't. I'm not particularly interested in dealing with DMCA bullshit.

Comment

Working...
                              X