Chasta = The A4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chasta = The A4

Some of you may know my screen name from Audizine, but most will just see me as a newcomer. Anyways a few weeks ago I was looking for a certain BMW which all of you should know, Rusty. When I found it, I could not believe the transformation! The newest iteration is by far my favorite of the car. From finding Rusty I stumbled upon Stanceworks, and I love it here.

This is the first car in my name, even though it's fairly beat up, I swore to stick it through and bring her back to life. The previous owner did not treat her right and now I have to fix her up right. Enough talk, picture time.

First Day Clean-Up:

My first ride and first blown engine:

Some of Wyoming and Quattro Usage:

First set of Rims I ever bought!:

Tragedy:

Current state, new-ish block and cluster of new parts:

Once Chasta is running again, I need to get stanced. In the last two pics, the car normally has the wheel gaps of the front and rear reversed. Will need to fix that ASAP! Anyone know a cheap solution?

BTW I guess I'm a pic whore
    Last edited by NeedingAnAudi; 06-28-2010, 10:32 PM. Reason: I'm a pic whore
    Strictly Pleasure/Zero Clearance/Stretch Your Legs
    Alex

Damn. That car went through a lot...-_-

Welcome to StanceWorks

Main Page - Facebook - Flickr - Instagram - Twitter
    Originally posted by Oxer
    You know who Jason is? Anyone here read the Bible or know most of the stories etc? Who's the guy that stands at the gate and decides if you get into heaven or not? That's Jason. He processes everyone in the intro threads and welcomes them.
    Originally posted by Average_Jerk
    Also you relinquish all of your rights by posting in RT. You can be banned at any time for no reason at all.

Comment

Bought: September 18 2009
      Blown-up: December 18 2009
      9 months of Ownership: June 18 2010
      Alex

Comment

Upadate!! For me, this is a huge step! I finally have all the parts I need, and I started putting that ish together.
        Windage Tray

Engine Build Day One

This is me -Doing Werk!

Finished up for the day

So, what I have done, got the oil pump and pickup, windage tray, oil pan, and clutch and flywheel bolted up. The count for how long my car has been broke down is 7 months and 4 days [o_o]

And yes, I do have a k03 exhaust housing holding up my engine
        Alex

Comment

^^^ I love it. Reminds me of when my college roommate built his integra motor and used our beer fridge to keep all the parts in.

Comment

haha thats kinda like what I'm doing. My dorms has a strict no car parts rule, so every night I have to pack everything up
            Alex

Comment

Engine Hoists are for PU**IES!!

The Workshop, fully equipped
              Alex

Comment

i like it

“ Driving down the road becomes a masterfully balanced ballet of dodging, looking ahead, and saying “oh shit.” "

- Mike Burroughs, Stanceworks

Comment

Damn, that's nuts. My apartment complex threatened to tow my car just for putting in a cold air intake in the parking lot...

Welcome to StanceWorks

Cole

Originally posted by FluidMotorUnion
                  yeah it's got turbo and it looks decent stanced, but it's a fucking Neon, the survived-abortion of the 90's auto industry.

Comment

Originally posted by Bracknaphobia View Post
                    Damn, that's nuts. My apartment complex threatened to tow my car just for putting in a cold air intake in the parking lot...
                    I got threatened with the same while I was at my gf's place just helping her change a tire.

Mad props to the OP for doing a swap on a street shoulder.

Comment

You know, I think this thread should be in the builds section more than here. Pretty sure this is much more of a build than an intro anymore
                      Alex

Comment

a moderator/admin can move the thread right?

“ Driving down the road becomes a masterfully balanced ballet of dodging, looking ahead, and saying “oh shit.” "

- Mike Burroughs, Stanceworks

Comment

Another update.

So I have been diligently working on the engine, getting everything all together, and my goal was to get it running last wednesday. But of course nothing goes as planned, sooo BAM! I'm torquing the camshaft gear bolt and it snaps in half, half the bolt is still in the camshaft. After that I lost it. I basically let the car sit for a couple days while I tried not to take a bat to the car. This weekend I decided that the absolute worst that I'd have to do is replace the exhaust cam, so I could put everything less the timing belt on.

Snub mount, that bar is painted blue because the original coating had pealed off and I didn't want it to rust

Previous owner somehow broke the washer fluid tank, so I patched that up

So now all I have left is the turbo, belts, camshaft problem, fluids, and start her up for the first time since mid december
                          Alex

Comment

nice work! especially with no garage! lol
                            -Jorge-

Comment

nice dude. very similar to how my car looks. LOL

Widebody B6 build

HIT ME UP if you need Ksport supplies. i can get them to you cheaper than anyone.

Comment

Working...
                              X