No announcement yet.

In search of stance: my 99 grand prix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks guys, hopefully these will be on early this week. I've been starting to wonder though if 225/40 is gonna be enough stretch

Comment

looks good but get rid of the pinstripe

Comment

I run 18x8.5 up front with a 215/35 and its hardly any stretch at all IMO. My rears are 18x9.5 with a 215/40 it has some stretch.
        C280 Build Thread
        C43 ///AMG Build Thread
        E320 Wagon Build Thread

Follow me on Instagram:@SD_210

Comment

Have you/are you thinking about any sort of a japanese vip style treatment? I think that would be really awesome looking, taking a large American built car and dressing it up in the same style as many high end Japanese cars.

Just some food for thought
          Hold on, Not done accelerating

Comment

I'm completely boggled at the fact someone makes coilovers for these cars.

Those Mustang wheels were alright, I wasn't aware these had a 5x114.3 pattern. Can't wait to see it on the new rolling stock.

One tip, if you want the car to appear lower, I'd suggest paint-matching the center portion of the lower lip to the rest of the car, itll add substance to the nose and allow it to appear raked.
            - Bagged '98 Chevy S10 - Stock '88 Volvo 240DL - Broken '87 Mitsubishi Starion ESi-R - Also Broken '87 Shelby Lancer #707/800 -

Comment

I've been waiting for one of these to be stanced. My brother had one a few years ago.
              It's like rock-crawling... in the streets...

Comment

Originally posted by SD202 View Post
                I run 18x8.5 up front with a 215/35 and its hardly any stretch at all IMO. My rears are 18x9.5 with a 215/40 it has some stretch.
                hmm well i think these will work pretty well, at least for right now anyways. my friend got them from a wholesaler buddy for me and I can't exactly return them

Originally posted by kboers View Post
                Have you/are you thinking about any sort of a japanese vip style treatment? I think that would be really awesome looking, taking a large American built car and dressing it up in the same style as many high end Japanese cars.

Just some food for thought
                I really do like the vip style and I've definitely thought about it, its just a pretty expensive style

Originally posted by Daviticus View Post
                I'm completely boggled at the fact someone makes coilovers for these cars.

Those Mustang wheels were alright, I wasn't aware these had a 5x114.3 pattern. Can't wait to see it on the new rolling stock.

One tip, if you want the car to appear lower, I'd suggest paint-matching the center portion of the lower lip to the rest of the car, itll add substance to the nose and allow it to appear raked.
                well technically my bolt pattern is a 5x115 but its such a minimal difference no one's ever had problems. And i've never thought of painting that before, theres not really any kind of aftermarket lip kit for these so I might have to try that

Comment

Cant wait to see how it turns out with the new wheels

Comment

I got a little bit of work done today and mounted the tires. I'm gonna try and get them on the car sometime tomorrow

18x8.75
                    Toyo Extensa HP 225/40/18

Comment

Wheels looking good bro

Comment

Originally posted by milano_red View Post
                        +1 for being different
                        +2

Wheels are looking great so far! Little bit if stretch will look good!

Im stoked on the VIP styling idea - do it man
                        slamburglars.com

Comment

Dammit guys, I'm really disappointed. My math was wrong on the tires and they're too short and it looks gay. Instead of 225/40 I need 225/50 because with the stretch these are a little over an inch shorter and the coils just can't make up that much difference. Unfortunately I don't have the tools or money to really start cutting up stuff. But at least I got to see the wheels on the car and I really like them. Oh well, I'm taking them back off for a few days to see if I could possibly exchange the tires or figure something out.

This is with the coils with a little left. But maxed out the car is pretty much sitting on the bump stops. This height is about what I would be at for driving it everyday.

height difference

Comment

Not for nothing, but maybe you should consider selling the whole wheel/tire package.

Now don't get me wrong-you made a nice choice on the style of wheel, just not sure they're big enough to fill your wheelwells, even with the taller tires.

I know the next steps may not taste good but maybe a 22' with proper rubber would work on this. Yes you'll be rollin' with a larger than OEM fitment and your speedo will be off but OH MAN would this be sweet!

Not sure on your bolt pattern but I'm thinking you can find someone who'd want them. So you've gotten a lemon thrown in the mix. Time to make some lemonade! You're doing something noone's done and we salute you sir.
                            Last edited by 2GRX7; 06-01-2012, 01:23 AM.

Comment

Yeah your going to need 19" or 20" wheels to make up the difference. I think 22"s would be too BALLER like status

W I L D M A N 'S R O D S H O P

R.I.P P.WALKER 2013/11/30

Comment

A bigger wheel would help a lot, but for the time being this looks pretty good. Definitely a huge improvement.
                                IG: ashtonlafleur

Comment

Working...
                                X