No announcement yet.

Who rides air daily?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I might be doing another air build here soon... but if you plan on setting everything up right, then don't worry about air. Most 18 wheelers are on air now, not just the suspension but the cab as well. Not to mention all of the other commercial vehicles on air, ambulance to name one.

Comment

I think you will really like that UAS on konis. Ive been on bags for only a couple months now and its amazing! Oh yeah and get good fittings ALL BRASS stuff the plastic crap leaks.
      killasnapshot

Comment

I wish i Had!....

Maybe make it my own...

Currenty owned cars:
        VW passat 3b 1997 daily on 19 inches
        BMW E30 M3 S50B30 waiting for summer 2011

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyBoyOne3 View Post
          I have mine sitting directly on the spanner/adjuster/lock nuts on racelands with the spanner/adjuster/lock nuts turned up 1/2 inch from the very bottom at 5psi I lay body, my ride height is 39psi (about 1 inch up) in the city and 42psi (about 1 1/2 inch up) on the highway I get about 4 1/2 inches at roughly 110psi then it doesnt get any higher because the struts top out just gets stiffer.
          Nice! Unfortunately there's only one other Volvo in the US on air...so everything is sort of trial and error at this point. He's had the same setup for 6 years, so things have evolved quite a bit. The picture below shows the "mock up". I'm going to remove the blue coilover sleeve (since it's too wide to slide the UAS bag over) and the bracket tubing will slide right over the Koni and rest on the bottom bracket.

Originally posted by bbaction View Post
          I think you will really like that UAS on konis. Ive been on bags for only a couple months now and its amazing! Oh yeah and get good fittings ALL BRASS stuff the plastic crap leaks.
          I can't wait. I'm ordering all of the management next week...and as long as I don't come across any major snags, I'll have it all installed within the month. Koni's are just about as good as it gets for our Volvos...so it should be 100x better than the DIY coils I'm riding on now.

Comment

when you say bracket....do you mean the uas bracket, or that tab-like bracket on your strut?

Comment

Been riding air everyday SInce Jan 15th. Its awesome to go over speeds bumps, park on the frame, fill up tires, use compressed air to clean out the car, and i can even 3 wheel so i can change a rear tire with out a jack.

As far as problems twice this year my sensor for my tank froze and it took 15 mins to defrost once i was driving. Easy peasy
              sigpic
              SteveO@OpenRoadTuning.com
              (888) 407-2997
              >>>OPENROADTUNING<<<
              >> CHECK OUT OUR NEW WEB STORE!! <<

Become a Fan!!

Homegrown Motorsports
              Blown Euros
              Wheel Whores

Comment

Originally posted by Francois Dillinger View Post
                when you say bracket....do you mean the uas bracket, or that tab-like bracket on your strut?
                I guess that wasn't worded too well lol.

The tube piece from the UAS bracket will be resting on that little tab bracket on the Koni. Exactly like how the "Sleeve Over" coilover kits work.

Comment

Mine was a daily driver for 2 years on UAS bags....and then i bought bagyards and the car has been sitting in my driveway immobile ever since. Bagyards didn't fit or work properly and it has taken 2+ months to get a fix for them.

Comment

OEM air suspension =D

Comment

I've been dailying my LS on air going on years now & loving it

Comment

I'm thining to build it myself... i just dont want to pay that amount for money for a fit to go kit..

I found bags, schockers, tank, airhoses mostly everything..

Currenty owned cars:
                        VW passat 3b 1997 daily on 19 inches
                        BMW E30 M3 S50B30 waiting for summer 2011

Comment

Originally posted by bonafyd View Post
                          I've been dailying my LS on air going on years now & loving it
                          Hey man, It SteveO with the Jetta Wagen. I had a blast @ the Liberty BBQ on Sunday, it was great meeting everyone
                          sigpic
                          SteveO@OpenRoadTuning.com
                          (888) 407-2997
                          >>>OPENROADTUNING<<<
                          >> CHECK OUT OUR NEW WEB STORE!! <<

Become a Fan!!

Homegrown Motorsports
                          Blown Euros
                          Wheel Whores

Comment

Did some test fitment last night for my rears and also measured the bracket tube for the front. Good to go

AHHHH So ready to have this on. September is the month of LOW.

Comment

Every single day for 2 years - roughly 35k miles.
                              I used to be famous.

somewhere between I want it and I got it.

Comment

well look who it is? Hey stranger... hit me up when your free so we can catch up

Comment

Working...
                                X