Hello from Florida!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Florida!

Hi everyone! I just joined the forum because you guys have won me over. I don't usually go for the whole stance thing, but I've been paying attention to this site for the last year or so and I really appreciate a lot of the work being done. Even if some of it isn't my style, its still good stuff and it's nice to know there are a lot of people out there dedicated to more than just bolting on some parts and calling it a day.

I lean more towards function and performance, but after getting slapped with a massive amount of trouble from a racing charge, I've decided to focus more on aesthetics. My next project will be more of an overall enjoyable car I can show off than a pure performance machine so I'll be leaning more towards the stanceworks approach in the future.

I have a black 1990 Mercedes 190E 2.6 that's my DD, beater, sporadic rally car, and junk yard hauler that my friend Johnny is going to take over once I start driving the latest addition. After I finish up this semester, I'm going to work my butt off all summer and put as much time and money as I can into my white 1993 190E 2.6 Sportline that I've barely been able to work on since I got it in November.

Eventually the whole car will be new, powdercoated, repainted, have euro lights, and lower. The big I-6 is coming out and a mercedes 2.3/2.5 16V four or something silly like a four rotor is going in along with a five speed swap (this is happening ASAP because I despise automatic gearboxes).

For now I'm completely rebuilding the front end, putting the smallest spring pads in (I'm keeping the sportline springs because they're great), a set of billi sports, W124 four piston brakes with bigger rotors, and normal tune-up/fluid changes/random stuff so I can start driving it.

All I've done so far is put a mostly free sound system in it (nothing cool, just functional), conditioned the shit out of the leather, and picked up some mercedes 16x8.5 wheels to replace the 15x7s.

Sportline the day after I bought it:

Sportline interior (these look much lighter and less yellow in person):

And the "new" wheels and used 205/50/16 tires I picked up to get started (still need two more or a set of four 45s):

I know that's not enough S&P for you guys but I can't be picky with used tires. :p

Anyway, I'll be continuing to lurk around here and after I do enough stuff to mention I'll make a thread about the sportline project here. If there are any members in central florida that would like to meet up, I'm mostly in Ocala but I spend a lot of time in Orlando so if you're into old german cars or just want to hang out and talk about cars let me know!

Looking forward to seeing all the things to come from this community.
    Last edited by JustinDanger; 03-05-2012, 02:09 PM.
    justindanger.com
    justindanger.tumblr.com
    190rev.net

that's a clean looking car, and I hope your street racing days are coming to an end

Comment

They never really existed, I'd just sporadically blast down the street here and there and I got pulled over because I won. :p Seriously though, I'm glad I got in trouble because I'm too old to be driving like an asshole and putting other people in danger. It was a wake up call to make me realize just because I can drive well and have never been in an accident doesn't mean it's ok to drive like that. I also was facing jail time and losing my license for a year which would have seriously screwed up my school stuff and made my life way harder than it needed to be.

I drive like a grandpa now and I'm going to contain the fast driving to the track.
      Last edited by JustinDanger; 03-05-2012, 12:31 PM.
      justindanger.com
      justindanger.tumblr.com
      190rev.net

Comment

That's a clean Benz.

Welcome to StanceWorks

Main Page - Facebook - Flickr - Instagram - Twitter
        Originally posted by Oxer
        You know who Jason is? Anyone here read the Bible or know most of the stories etc? Who's the guy that stands at the gate and decides if you get into heaven or not? That's Jason. He processes everyone in the intro threads and welcomes them.
        Originally posted by Average_Jerk
        Also you relinquish all of your rights by posting in RT. You can be banned at any time for no reason at all.

Comment

Picked up a set of new BFGoodrich Geforce T/A KDW 2 because I got them super cheap. They supposedly don't last long and get noisy, but $170 installed was good enough to make me ignore that.

205/50/16 like the front set:

justindanger.com
          justindanger.tumblr.com
          190rev.net

Comment

pfft 190's are gay. who would drive one of those?
            Balls Deep Squad.

Comment

Working...
            X