X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rebounder View Post

?
    These look like Keskin KT1 to me... but I know there is an other manufacturer out there, that did the same Style... I just forgot the name...
    @angelicmisskitty

Comment

• Just picked up these. They are Graku wheels, but I was wondering if anybody could give me more info on them. The specs are 15x9 front, 15x10.5 rear porsche bolt pattern. "Compomotive" is etched iinto one of the rear's lips (in the last pic).

Comment

• Originally posted by DaCabrioGuy View Post
        Just picked up these. They are Graku wheels, but I was wondering if anybody could give me more info on them. The specs are 15x9 front, 15x10.5 rear porsche bolt pattern. "Compomotive" is etched iinto one of the rear's lips (in the last pic).
        AFAIK Graku wheels were mostly (all?) made of magnesium, at least the centers. I only know of 3-piece versions, there might be others as well.
        Yours appear to be called "Graku Competition", but I'm not 100% sure with that. These are some very old and hard to find wheels, as well for information about them.

edit:
        just read that the manufacturer of these wheels is based in the Netherlands.
        They started producing wheels in the late 70s, now they only sell wheels, no production any more...
        Last edited by bimmerbabe; 03-23-2013, 06:00 PM. Reason: typo
        @angelicmisskitty

Comment

• Originally posted by bimmerbabe View Post
          AFAIK Graku wheels were mostly (all?) made of magnesium, at least the centers. I only know of 3-piece versions, there might be others as well.
          Yours appear to be called "Graku Competition", but I'm not 100% sure with that. These are some very old and hard to find wheels, as well for information about them.

edit:
          just read that the manufacturer of these wheels is based in the Netherlands.
          They started producing wheels in the late 70s, now they only sell wheels, no production any more...
          Ok thanks for that info. Yea they are definitely 3 piece and extremely light weight. Where did you read that they were based in the netherlands? I am just having such a hard time finding anything on the wheels and or graku itself haha.

Comment

There have been produced 2 versions of the wheels, the only difference is the center and, like 1badg35 already said, the inner badge height is a bit different. The rest is completely the same.
            Both wheel versions were available in 2-piece and 3-piece
            The flat centers aren't just *that* common out there, people always seemed to prefer the deep centers
            I read somewhere that someone called the flat faced versions Type 1's and the slightly recessed version were Type 2's, this may or may not be right, but it could also just be the pad height difference.

When I was looking I found 3-4 sets of the flat faced ones, 1 set that was mixed which looked too mis-matched for me and only 2 sets of the recessed ones, of which I bought 1 set.

Comment

• looks like oz mito, but its not 3 piece

Comment

• Originally posted by DaCabrioGuy View Post
                Ok thanks for that info. Yea they are definitely 3 piece and extremely light weight. Where did you read that they were based in the netherlands? I am just having such a hard time finding anything on the wheels and or graku itself haha.
                googled in german and found out that someone was looking for them, too, in a german VW forum years ago. And there was someone registered who used to order wheels from Graku regularly back in the days, so he knew all that
                btw, these are some official center caps that they use to sell, too me likey

Originally posted by Beware View Post
                I read somewhere that someone called the flat faced versions Type 1's and the slightly recessed version were Type 2's, this may or may not be right, but it could also just be the pad height difference.

When I was looking I found 3-4 sets of the flat faced ones, 1 set that was mixed which looked too mis-matched for me and only 2 sets of the recessed ones, of which I bought 1 set.
                The recessed versions were officially sold as Version 1's, just as the product papers say, that usually came with the wheels in Germany when you bought them from Breyton. Just checked on that.
                So the flat faces are the Version 2
                @angelicmisskitty

Comment

• I know they look similar to the Work VS-XX but upon closer inspection they are not the same.

Comment

The recessed versions were officially sold as Version 1's, just as the product papers say, that usually came with the wheels in Germany when you bought them from Breyton. Just checked on that.
                    So the flat faces are the Version 2
                    Good to know that, thanks! So I was just the wrong way around, but it's nice to know I have Version 1's.

Any idea when the Version 1's and 2's were made from and until when? Mine have a 1995 sticker on them I think(from memory anyway).

Comment

• There will always be someone driving something nicer than yours. Just don't park next to that guy!

IG: @Thee_Deported

Comment

• Look like 77-80 Trans Am wheels
                        Chris Lane - fifteen52 - Join us on Facebook
                        chris@fifteen52.com 813.505.7910 - direct : 213.373.1552
                        RML | 52 Wheels | KW | ST | B&G | Newing-Alpil | C2 | Air-Lift

Comment

• Originally posted by Beware View Post
                          Good to know that, thanks! So I was just the wrong way around, but it's nice to know I have Version 1's.

Any idea when the Version 1's and 2's were made from and until when? Mine have a 1995 sticker on them I think(from memory anyway).
                          As far as I can remember, they have been produced from 1995 to 2000, but I'm not sure with that.
                          @angelicmisskitty

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris@fifteen52 View Post
                            Look like 77-80 Trans Am wheels
                            Awesome! Was hoping that were something in a larger size. Thanks!
                            There will always be someone driving something nicer than yours. Just don't park next to that guy!

Comment

• Originally posted by atomcrew View Post

looks like oz mito, but its not 3 piece
                              Schmidt Race 2000's
                              There will always be someone driving something nicer than yours. Just don't park next to that guy!

Comment

• 1bag35, bimmerbabe and Beware thanks alot for the help about the Breytons,

Does someone know witch centercaps they used to have.
                                Bimmerbabe do you have the paperworks for the 17x8 type 1, got myself a set
                                for real cheap a few hours ago

Comment

Working...
                                X