Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

W124 suspension - can't find what i need...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by *96tegls* View Post
    They don't make a Sport or HD shock for w126 diesels
    well, in your case you have only one option - custom made struts - which means -> cut the stem -> maybe refilling -> make new carving on the cutted stem -> mount the new shocks ->

flickr

Comment

heres my w124 cut 3 coils

@KNOLAS on Instagram #lownslowcrew

Comment

Originally posted by freshjive80 View Post
        heres my w124 cut 3 coils

and still with the OEM shocks?

flickr

Comment

the oem shocks gave out on me once i cut the coils. i currently now have bilstein shocks
          @KNOLAS on Instagram #lownslowcrew

Comment

Originally posted by freshjive80 View Post
            the oem shocks gave out on me once i cut the coils. i currently now have bilstein shocks
            i mean are your bilsteins with the oem height, or they're shorter?

also i think i found what i'm looking for, not so expensive, and as i can see those shocks are for extreme (50+) drop...

here they are -> front - http://www.europerformance.co.uk/pag...sub_category=1

rear - http://www.europerformance.co.uk/pag...sub_category=1

so... any comments for this manufacturer SPAX?

also i want to know what will be better for massive drop, shocks for 6-cylinders or for 4-cylinders, i'm running with 4-cylinder engine, but i think that will be better to get the 6-cylinders one? Actually what's the difference?

flickr

Comment

H&R makes both Sport springs as well as Cup Kit for the W124 chasis. Cup kit comes with sport springs and significantly shortened shocks.

Basic search brother..

Comment

Originally posted by wagonist View Post
                H&R makes both Sport springs as well as Cup Kit for the W124 chasis. Cup kit comes with sport springs and significantly shortened shocks.

Basic search brother..
                yeah sure, but did you check out the price... heh... my c124 is cheaper...there is no point...

flickr

Comment

I have a pair of front end bilsteins from a w126, maybe you could get em shortened? Not sure if it would work though.
                  1990 Mercedes 300CE- 24 valve

Comment

afaik w126 suspention is different from w210/w124

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyCripple View Post
                      afaik w126 suspention is different from w210/w124
                      It was just a suggestion, but thank you for clarifying
                      1990 Mercedes 300CE- 24 valve

Comment

Originally posted by projektzwo View Post
                        i mean are your bilsteins with the oem height, or they're shorter?

also i think i found what i'm looking for, not so expensive, and as i can see those shocks are for extreme (50+) drop...

here they are -> front - http://www.europerformance.co.uk/pag...sub_category=1

rear - http://www.europerformance.co.uk/pag...sub_category=1

so... any comments for this manufacturer SPAX?

also i want to know what will be better for massive drop, shocks for 6-cylinders or for 4-cylinders, i'm running with 4-cylinder engine, but i think that will be better to get the 6-cylinders one? Actually what's the difference?
                        these seem interesting, how do these work? Like you cut your springs on how low you want the car, then put these in and lower them (the shocks?) then the car will handle tight because of the shocks? Someone clarify, cause I need new shocks as well
                        Instagram: danimal._
                        Mercedes Build Thread
                        Falcon Build Thread

Comment

To bump this thread, I asked some people about the company SPAX, if they're a refutable company, and they said yes, apparently the air cooled guys like their products a lot and stand by them.
                          Instagram: danimal._
                          Mercedes Build Thread
                          Falcon Build Thread

Comment

that's very good, really thanks about the info...i have somethig interesting too... after contact with the support, they said that with this shortened shock you can go 80mm lower, which i think will be pretty enough with cutted springs.

flickr

Comment

Nice, cut em. I'm on cut oem coils. 1 3/4 front and 2 1/4 rear. Time for bilstein ss shocks. 124s have spring pads I assume, if they do and you haven't yet, you could swap them out for #1 pads all the way around for some more low.
                              Last edited by NELSON09; 12-01-2010, 04:13 PM. Reason: spring pads

Comment

Originally posted by NELSON09 View Post
                                Nice, cut em. I'm on cut oem coils. 1 3/4 front and 2 1/4 rear. Time for bilstein ss shocks. 124s have spring pads I assume, if they do and you haven't yet, you could swap them out for #1 pads all the way around for some more low.
                                yep the 124s have spring pads, but mine is without... any

now i'm with 2 coils cutted front and rear and the stock sportline shocks, so probably will be enough when i put the spax shocks, otherwise i'll cut the springs a little bit more...

after all guys i thing that if e talk about going super low with your w124 then this is one of the best options for this amount, and there is only one way to go low for less money - custom made struts, i'll checkout one place here in my town where they said that there is no problem to cut my struts, but i'm not sure how good will they do the job...

flickr

Comment

Working...
                                X