Red B7 A4, BBS RS.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red B7 A4, BBS RS.

About 2 weeks ago, I picked up some 17x9 BBS RS's from a man named Bernie in Harlem for an awesome $1000. Needless to say, sketchiest auto parts deal of my life thus far.

Anyway, they needed some love for sure -

Shitty cell phone pic, but who cares -

Sanded all the barrels down, painted gloss black. had the faces sand blasted to remove the SEVEN, yes 7, different color layers of rattle can paint and powdercoat, refinished and hand polished all the 1.5 inch lips-

and my buddy traded me 2 of his 3 inch lips for 2 of my 1.5's leaving me these, 17x10.5, for the rear -

Still unsure what i want to do with the faces, debating going full polish or white, votes??

and then my new (to me) 05.5 A4 Quattro 2.0t 6 speed, every option except nav and the S-Line body kit, picked her up last night.

Things left to do are -

wait for coilovers to arrive
    decide what im doing with the centers, reassemble, have tires mounted
    do the timing belt, water pump, and valve cover seal (preventative maintenance)

Hoping to have everything completed within the next 2 weeks between school and work...here are some my of past cars that saw stance, i will not disappoint!

Last edited by roof_rack; 04-14-2012, 07:48 PM.

Looks promising, just leave the centers like this, looks good.

Comment

I say go prima Donna finish on the wheels

Comment

Yeah thats what i was thinking the prima donna, but then i have to find someone to trade bolts with. Cant leave them as is, its raw sand blasted aluminum.

Comment

Why trade? Just get yours gold plated. Prima Donna RS's would be perfect. Good luck finding red center caps though. I've looked and most places that carry BBS parts don't have them available and the one seller I found on eBay wouldn't ship outside the UK.

Comment

I've looked into having them plated, it would be more expensive than just buying them new. I believe PureMS has them though. I'm thinking I just see if I cant make something work with my black center caps. Should have some major updates within the next week as my tires and coilovers come in.

Comment

I didn't know about them. Thanks.

Comment

yessir, i believe theyre in stock

Comment

Seeing your previous B5, i can see why you must like mine lol. So sad to see that you're selling these
                  sigpic

Follow me on Instagram! @cskzero

Comment

You got a B7! Nice!

Loved your B5, excited to see this all done up.

Comment

This will looks reallll cute.

Do tell more about the sketchy auto deal! I love that kinda crap haha

Comment

Edit: Double post was a complete accident. My bad.

Comment

I'm jelly.
                          Flickr

Projects :

1984 W123 300D (Sold)

1999 C43 AMG (no thread..yet)

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckdee View Post
                            Seeing your previous B5, i can see why you must like mine lol. So sad to see that you're selling these
                            haha love your car man! and idkkkk may be keeping them now...was gonna go with some 19 inch rotiforms, but thats pretty played out..have yet to see a b7 on rs's

Originally posted by NickBroderick View Post
                            You got a B7! Nice!

Loved your B5, excited to see this all done up.
                            Thank you! soon, soon...shes under the knife right now for an in house timing belt treatment, hence the lack of updates, but i will leave you guys with this, wheels are all together -

Originally posted by willis View Post
                            This will looks reallll cute.

Do tell more about the sketchy auto deal! I love that kinda crap haha
                            Originally posted by willis View Post
                            Edit: Double post was a complete accident. My bad.
                            LOL alright, so im en route to harlem to meet up with this dude i met on craigslist, before leaving i google street viewd his address; straight up projects. yeah. no. not happening. So I am waiting on lexington ave, told him to meet me there...whole nother world there, im from the suburbs lol, guys are straight up takin shots at 9 am in the street, and selling coke like it isnt a big deal....sketchy guy in an old beat gold minivan with limo tints rolls up out of no where, tells me to roll my window down. the conversation went as follows -

"yo you andy?"

"yeah"

"aight..i got da wheels"

"Oh okay cool whats up man" as im opening the car door

"no no no not here"

"huh"

"follow me to the stash spot"

"excuse me? no, go to the 'stash spot' and bring them here, ill be waiting."

"yo i dont wanna pull dem out if you aint buyin em!" (hes getting angry)

"Im buying them, go get them and meet me here."

"yo just follow me, yo we cooool man"

"alright.." (roll up window, say to my friend "depending on what the "stash spot" looks like, were gonna just keep on driving")

(bugging out.......)

follow him down an alley way (mind you we are in harlem..)

get to a building enclosed in barbed wire fence.

we get out of the car, i park in the entrance way and leave the car running with the door ajar, my buddy stays just outside the car. I begin walking to the door of the "stash spot".

i am told "no no no, dont come in..you guys wait here."

so we wait for about 20 minutes....

guy comes out with nothing in hand, looks around as if hes seeing if anyone else is around..."aight you guys can come in now.."

oh boy.

walk in and there they were, a couple people going about their business inside, we just grabbed them and brought them out to the car, looked them over, handed him the money and we were on our way haha, his name was bernie, actually turned out to be a pretty ncie guy.

Originally posted by Raarasutra View Post
                            I'm jelly.
                            haha thanks!

Comment

Holy sh*t, that's a crazy story. I would of never been able to go through with that.

Comment

Working...
                              X