No announcement yet.

A taurus wagon? Really?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is pretty cool. What future wheels do you have planned for it? Those Jag wheels are nice, but they just wouldn't stand out as much imo.
    Originally posted by redciv1
    Style 5's and E36's are like Civic's and Rota's, just looks good.
    Originally posted by Francois Dillinger
    Would you wear skechers with an armani suit?

Comment

Well...that went over way better than i thought it would! Ok then cool.

Cobrawannabe: The front end is interchangeable but I've never been super into that body style myself. To me it doesn't really fit the shape of the rest of the car. Its really angular and the main body is like a giant egg. I will be shaving more off of the front though to help clean it up more.

Godzillus: Yes. I made a wooden buck of sorts in the exact shape I wanted for the delete. Then I made an inner support with two studs welded to it to bolt the factory latch assembly. I then made a mold and cast the delete around the support in black colored resin.

Jesus Christ: Yes this is happening.

KürBFèéleR: The only "euro" parts that are actually different are off of the Taurus Ghia, which I believe is also available in australia. The front Bumper is different but not very good looking in my opinion. I will be acquiring a set of power folding mirrors which were never available here. they are a little different shape too.

Shade: For now and until I find something I like better the jag wheels are THE wheels for this car. I really want to run ferrari 348 wheels but they are a little out of the budget right now. Hey but you never know what wheels your gonna find.

Now that I know there is some interest, good and bad, I keep ya'll posted with each step.

Comment

In for this

Comment

Love seeing different cars get done. Keep it up! Ill be looking at the updates.

Comment

This has some potential. I love it when people stance cars that aren't usually done. It shows ingenuity and helps the scene grow. Props bud!
            Hella4 | MTechnica Wheels - Wheel Designer | Memoryfab

Comment

I can't wait to see what becomes of this. Great start, man!
              If you havin' fitment problems I feel bad for you, son.
              I got 99 problems but my stance ain't one.

Comment

I'm all for seeing something new stanced. Keep it up.
                '88 323 - K-swapped
                '03.5 Mazdaspeed Protege

Comment

Updates?

Comment

Not much to update, but I did order my wheels spaces from Motorsport Technology. 9mm up front and 24mm out back. As soon as they show up Ill put them on and snap a few pictures. Anybody got a good source for extended lug studs?

Comment

This goes against my better judgement, but I really like where this is headed.

Originally posted by Kielan
                      Well dip me in shit and roll me in breadcrumbs...

Comment

I'm in.
                        "It's nice to be important, but more important to be nice."

Comment

I love this and glad the wheels went to a good project/home! (Fuzzy Bunny is a cool guy, too.)

Personalized plate when finished: BAGDEGG

Edit: you can get longer studs at Pepboys. Just find the factory one and look for others with similar seats and more thread length. You should only need for the fronts.

If your car is 12x1.5, you should get Jaguar style lugnuts, too. They are countersunk and use flat seats (so you may not even need longer studs in the end). I'm assuming the Taurus uses a conical seat, but if they use the Jaguar style seat already, disregard my remarks.

Last edited by exexpat; 10-11-2011, 02:13 AM.
                          My first JDM project after decades of European cars!

Comment

Cool thanks man I was actually going to ask what your factory style lugs look like. The guys at les schwabby are full of sh*t they kept telling me to run the conical ones and I kept saying that doesn't look right. Now I know. I also now have a second option for vanity plate, If my first one doesn't pan out. I also "Dugtrio" out my old pokemon cards so Ill be looking for your son at the next show.

Comment

With the jag wheels, this should look really interesting. I love unique rides and seeing this slammed to the floor and riding at a 2 inches off the ground will look sick. But as far as wheel choices goes, why stop at the jag wheels? reach for the skies for some sexy 3 piece wheels, now that+aired out wagon=nasty sex.

I'll keep looking out for more updates!
                              sigpic

Follow me on Instagram! @cskzero

Comment

Updates? Did Junior get the spacers to you?
                                My first JDM project after decades of European cars!

Comment

Working...
                                X