This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MommysLittleMonster View Post
    That's a wonderful way to earn the respect of your peers- tell them to "shut the fuck up" and "I don't really give a shit" after giving you input that you asked for.
    i told you to shut the fuck up because you quoted me out of context and made it sound like I was switching my plan around all back and forth when in reality, I said I was keeping the wheels for atleast two years both times. Twist my words and I will tell you to shut the fuck up. feel free do be an asshole but don't expect me to take it with a side of bread. Don't dish it out if you can't take it back.

Originally posted by MommysLittleMonster View Post
    This is why we give you a hard time.
    Fact of life: I am a hardass to newbies who can't seem to take criticism well.
    See that's your problem.
    Fact of life: "newbies" can handle contructive criticism. But as soon as you get belligerent, they (including me) will get defensive. it's always been that way and it will always be that way. The sooner senior members learn how to criticize, the sooner newbies will learn how to take it.

Comment

So... anything new with the car? Still a build thread right and I'm not in the discussion section right?

LOL

Lets see more Celica and less text!

W I L D M A N 'S R O D S H O P

R.I.P P.WALKER 2013/11/30

Comment

Originally posted by 244Brick View Post
        So... anything new with the car? Still a build thread right and I'm not in the discussion section right?

LOL

Lets see more Celica and less text!
        Your wish is my command! I'm diagnosing a scratchy noise in the rear today so I can post some up of that. I also plan on doing a little bit more body rolling in the back as well as fender plastic trimming in the front if I have time.

Comment

Originally posted by Celli View Post
          the xxr's are staying. and they will be for probably atleast two years.

and if you can find me an 18x9.5 wheel for 510$, you must be some sort of god.
          Challenge accepted.

ヤフオク!は、誰でも簡単に売り買いが楽しめる、日本最大のネットオークションサイトです。圧倒的な商品数を誇るヤフオク!で、落札・出品してみませんか?補償制度もあります。

18x8.5 18x9.5 +43 $352 usd

ヤフオク!は、誰でも簡単に売り買いが楽しめる、日本最大のネットオークションサイトです。圧倒的な商品数を誇るヤフオク!で、落札・出品してみませんか?補償制度もあります。

18x8.5 +43 18x9.5 +45 $503usd buy now

18x8 +24 18x9.5 +30 $302usd

18x8.5 18x9.5 +37 $403usd

Add $2-300 for shipping to the us.....

Like I said in your intro thread, you need to listen rather then speak.

Im not going to tell people to stop posting negative things in your thread, because you're asking for it with your childish responses.
          Originally posted by anth
          Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

Im not even going to bother posting the specs and prices, because you need to figure things like that out for yourself, I didnt even bother looking at pcd's because I know you wont buy them anyway.

Simply show you and others how easy it really is. Almost as easy as ordering xxr's.
            Originally posted by anth
            Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

i told you to shut the fuck up because you quoted me out of context and made it sound like I was switching my plan around all back and forth when in reality, I said I was keeping the wheels for atleast two years both times. Twist my words and I will tell you to shut the fuck up. feel free do be an asshole but don't expect me to take it with a side of bread. Don't dish it out if you can't take it back.

See that's your problem.
              Fact of life: "newbies" can handle contructive criticism. But as soon as you get belligerent, they (including me) will get defensive. it's always been that way and it will always be that way. The sooner senior members learn how to criticize, the sooner newbies will learn how to take it.
              Fair enough, I see your point. I didn't meant to make it appear that I was quoting you out of context, maybe I was trying to see what you really meant when you said you wanted to keep your wheels.

The problem is, most teenagers can't take criticism, yet they continue to post what they did to their cars despite previous input and advice. We will continue to state our displeasure or approval, like it or not- welcome to the internet. There is no waiver at the door, all bets are off once you hit "submit reply".

So, to make it clear that I'm not a complete asshole, here's what I would have to say about your build:
              • You have a nice car in an attractive color.
              • Your choice to lower said car and get fitment in is a great idea.
              • I like the fact that you're doing a Celica- they're different, and kind of cool.
              • Your wheel choice could have been much better, despite your excuses about "affording wheels". (see previous replies)
              • Your choice of buying eBay parts does not contribute to what most would consider a "quality" build. (see previous replies)
              • Your way of "saving" is all wrong. (see previous replies)
              • Your lashing out at other members here (myself included) make you appear unstable, child-like, and disrespectful. Hard to gain respect when you curse at members of whom you do not know.
              • You feel the need to justify what you've done, and carry out "It's my car and I don't care what you think", but continue to post things looking for attention and approval.

I wish you the best of luck with your build, and I hope that the advice of many senior members on here does not fall on deaf ears.
              BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
              Originally posted by Ollie
              We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

Just to reiterate what he just said:

When I first came to this site my car was on lowering springs, I had tinted tails, shitty wheels, and some other questionable shit done to my car. Instead of arguing with people about the shit I did, I looked at other build threads to see what people did and started to clean my car up. I got rid of the taillight tint and sold my shitty wheels to get coilovers. Buying fake wheels was not something I wanted to support so I saved and saved and bought the wheels I have now.

Given my car is a Kia, something not a lot of people put time and effort into, I was amazed at the positive responses I received once it was cleaned up and properly done on some nice wheels.

I'm not saying to biuld you car the way people on the internet are telling you to do so, still do your own thing, but take what other people have done to their cars in the 'stance scene', apply them to your car, and I'm sure you'll get some more positive opinions.

At the end of the day, we're all car enthusiasts and like to see clean, tastefully modded cars. Just something to keep in the back of your mind as you keep working on your car.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

Theses guys speak truth... I remember watching your build from day 1 andybob

W I L D M A N 'S R O D S H O P

R.I.P P.WALKER 2013/11/30

Comment

This thread

Comment

I fucked up Mu alignment today. I was having scraping problems with the control arm so I gave more neg camber. Turns out it was scraping up TOP so I need LESS camber. Fuuuuck me

Comment

I fucked up Mu alignment today. I was having scraping problems with the control arm so I gave more neg camber. Turns out it was scraping up TOP so I need LESS camber. Fuuuuck me
                        IG @RobthaBavarian

Comment

Thought this was funny
                          Last edited by Guest; 04-25-2013, 01:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob&co View Post
                            Right? Instead of just doing rear camber And then testing it, I decide to finish the alignment.

Comment

Any pics of the finished subwoofer box?
                              DEL SOL BUILD THREAD
                              E28 BUILD THREAD

I am.... SICKWITHTHEPEN

Comment

Originally posted by los02 View Post
                                Any pics of the finished subwoofer box?
                                I actually do not. I did a poor job wrapping it in carpet. Halfassed my way through it. I stopped using it months and months ago. Now I have kicker subs. Well. Did. They are too heavy for how low the car is

Comment

Working...
                                X