Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The same thing as what everyone else has done (e36)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The same thing as what everyone else has done (e36)

I got a job, got some money, went on a drift experience day, discovered I was definitely the new DK, thought i would buy something with my money that i could drift, found a 328i locally which turned out to be too nice to ruin so now i'm lowering and wheeling it.

received the wheels and coilovers today.
    tried the wheels on when I got home

They are Pentas in bmw fitment. I can't find much info on them but I believe they are magnesium racing wheels made for e34 m5s. They are replicas of the AMG penta but pretty rare in bmw pcd.

sizes are 16x8 et 11 front and 16x9 et11 rear.

They need a bit of love, some paint on one of the centres is flaking so i need to strip it and re paint. Was just going to stick with silver but may be open to suggestions (shades of grey/silver. I do not want anything loud)

I'll try and get all the coilovers fitted tomorrow and my go into town to get some paint stripping stuff and paint.

Tyres Currently on there are 225 and 245 front and rear respectively. I was thinking 195 and 215. Would that be enough combined with the natural camber from lowering to get them in the arches. I'm a noob with fitment so any advice is welcomed.
    I don't mind rolling the arches flat but would prefer not to pull them.

Have a look and see what you think
    rear

Front

Last edited by Jack25; 08-26-2012, 12:48 PM.

nice rims man

Comment

Originally posted by lukesebastian View Post
      nice rims man
      thanks.

Here's a proper view of them

Comment

Whats the sizes on those wheels. They look very doable with 215's and maxing out the stock camber arms, with a nice rolled fender.
        I got 215's on a 10 et19 with stock fenders in my build thread v3 if you want to check them out. Also a 195 on a 8.5 et13.
        I am very jealous of that color, (its not silver right) Is it bronzit beige?

Looks like your off to a good start. Keep it up.
        -Instagram@jdjurhuus
        Stretchsaurus and Pokemon.

Comment

Originally posted by Zic View Post
          I am very jealous of that color, (its not silver right) Is it bronzit beige?
          lol no it's silver, just the lighting in the shed and the poor white balance make it look that way

Comment

they look pretty good man.
            i am coming closer to getting myself a ride now and i am leaning towards an e36.
            will you be posting the whole fitment process and the arches? because i am also a newb
            would be good to see

Comment

Looks like a pretty close fitment, but with much camber, smaller tyres and some rolling you'd be there
              Very nice color of th E36!
              Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication

Comment

Forgot to ask which coilovers(brand) did you receive?
                Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication

Comment

Originally posted by Hatech View Post
                  they look pretty good man.
                  i am coming closer to getting myself a ride now and i am leaning towards an e36.
                  will you be posting the whole fitment process and the arches? because i am also a newb
                  would be good to see
                  I'll post some pics of each stage but there won't be loads.

Originally posted by Wout CSL View Post
                  Forgot to ask which coilovers(brand) did you receive?
                  I got AP coilovers. Was just going to get some cheap ebay ones but then I thought I would splash out a bit more and they're suppose to be the best for the price.

Comment

Coilovers are all on now. Fronts went on at the weekend but rears had to wait till tonight cos of some stuff.

No need for pics. cars still on stock wheels so is sat high to stop it rubbing at the front.

Old tyres will come off the wheels on saturday then I'll decide what to do with them. I'm thinking about not doing a full on refurb at the moment and just getting it to sit right before worrying about them too much. That way my interest will be kept high and will be better for getting stuff done.

Also this car is ridiculous. It's done 170k miles but underneath it looks like its done about 50k. The rear top mounts were fine. all the dampers and springs which were taken off are perfect. All the bolts are not rusted and come apart relatively easy. the more time i spend under it the more i like it.

Comment

I've neglected stuff, soz.

Right, I need some advice on the tyre sizes for the wheels.

Fronts are 8 inches wide, rears are 9. both et 11.

Originally I thought 195 and 215 respectively but now i'm thinking 185 and 205.

Here's some pics of where the wheels sit

front

rear

I'm poking rim by about 20mm up front and 30mm out back. I need the tyre to fit inside the arch without having to pull it. Advice is welcomed. Thanks.

Comment

Tyres are fitted. Wheels are on. Fronts are as low as i can go at the moment due to where I live. Rears are too high and rub lots. Haven't touched the camber yet or rolled the arches. Hopefully they'll sit better when I max the camber and flatten those lips.

Anyway, I drove it. I loved it. Everytime it scraped i smiled.

Here's some pics. Bad ones.

max low.

Too low. Had to raise it about 10mm on the thread.

...i'll try to do the back better tomorrow...

Comment

Those wheels looked a million times better in silver... smh.

Comment

black looks better for me , pretty nice color combo , not just all silver

as you talked about drifting , watch this video , you get drift sick after watchin it fo sho.
                            http://vimeo.com/42252944

Comment

I would have liked to keep them with silver centres and polished lips but once i started refurbing them i realised there was waaaaaayyy to much corrosion and I've already spent what seemed like years sanding back some old corroded remotecs only to have them still showing corrosion I decided i needed to paint the whole thing.

I'm not a big fan of cleaning and silver looks poo when dirty. black still looks black.

Comment

Working...
                              X