1982 Corolla Wagon TE72 Project: Rotbox REVIVAL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1982 Corolla Wagon TE72 Project: Rotbox REVIVAL

I have been following the original RotBox project on here and was saddend to see it go.. So I decided to chime in with mine as homage to the original..

So I decided to stop the urge that was from within and embedded in my DNA and get me that traditional/typical Rican ride. The 82 Corolla. I had tons of fun building my AE86-on-a-budget but since it's Tooted and Booted, I will now focus on this holy grail. I have owned several 82's in the past but this is my 1st Wagon. Specs are:

225k on the clock
    3TC w/ 5 speed tranny (engine bay is 1000% stock, unmolested)
    faded red ext / black-grey int
    13" steelies
    Bone Stock in every way

I couldnt stand to look at it with those 4 itsy bitsy wheels n tires so I threw on some Celica/Supras my buddy had laying around so that right there is the 1st mod that has been performed on the ride. I plan on getting different wheels (no, not the Tetas, Ancho y Finos, welds or any other traditional rican wheel selections)

progress:
    Roof rack has been removed.......(debating if rechrome or powder coat or just delete entirely)

I picked up replacement non rusty/damaged doors and tailgate (already in process of) instead of grinding/bondoing/ect the current doors and gate.

Cut out rockers and floor pans and welding it replacement metal parts - bye bye car cancer

Body work has begun. I decided to take it all down to metal to expose any issues... hood looks good so far:

I have decided on Bianco Isis white from the Lamborghini Aventador

work has been a bit busy and I couldnt get much done but here is what I've done so far.
    I finished the hood and finished the driver's side fender.
    I have the passenger side fender and the front opening valance off and ready to strip down and repair/restore.
    Front bumper removed to be sealed and cleaned up.

I picked up non-rusty doors from Craigslist orlando and a near MINT non rusty tailgate/hatch door. So instead of spending countless hours cutting and welding on the old doors, I just have to spruce up the ones I picked up and I will be done with those.

Been busy at work and haven't had time to really do much to her......
    All I have done was install KYB's in the front so I dont look like a bobblehead as I roll down the road.
    I did the old chop n screw to the front springs and lowered the rear 2" with leaf/block kit. (this is only temporary as I intend to go a much more quality route when the time comes.
    I sanded down the pheeble attempt at body work that was on the existing doors and sprayed primer on them. I am currently getting the body work /paint done on the replacement doors and then I will swap them out as I go

I just took this car home to work on it here more....... so there will be plenty of updates...

The Project List consists of:

Push/through carb'd turbo setup intercooled.
    meanwhile, buildup a 1UZ v8 swap once the 1.8 goes.....
    xxr 527 concaved wheels

Hope you like....

comments, complaints and ideas are welcome!!!!

1982 Toyota Corolla Wagon TE72 build thread

My last toy was this one.... I picked it up for a couple hundred dollars. it was an AE86....

I SOLD the ae86 before I had a chance to finish her......there was PLENTY to do to her when someone pulled up next to me and offered me a nice stack of bills for her so i let her go and now I'm starting on the new corolla wagon above...
    Last edited by sirdriftalot; 06-22-2011, 12:09 AM.

Comment

these are the "budget" wheels Im scooping up 1st...... Some nice JDM's will come later.....

Comment

this looks promising, the white looks killer
        Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

Originally posted by P78 View Post
          this looks promising, the white looks killer
          This.

'87 Porsche 944 S | Ex-E36 Touring (2009 - 2016) | Daily: '02 Chrysler Sebring

www.bastienbochmann.de | Tief & Breit

Comment

oooo, I like this. Can't wait to see where it goes

Comment

What wheels are those? The new ones I mean

- www.bagriders.com - Email us at: sales@bagriders.com -

- Did you find a lower price? We Price Match! -

Comment

Originally posted by Rali@BagRiders View Post
                What wheels are those? The new ones I mean
                those are the XXR 527's http://www.nlmotoring.com/XXR-527-Wheels-s/1649.htm

I DO understand the thought about putting alot of work into a car and then putting 300 sets of wheels on it might cheapen the whole project but you cant go wrong with 300 bux shipped..15x8.25......

plus, the other set I want will cost me 1200 just rims so i will go this route 1st for now......

Comment

Originally posted by sirdriftalot

I DO understand the thought about putting alot of work into a car and then putting 300 sets of wheels on it might cheapen the whole project but you cant go wrong with 300 bux shipped..15x8.25......
                  Who gives a shit. Just keep working on it to your satisfaction.
                  91 Golf Rebuild - slow as fuck right now

Comment

Originally posted by renngolf View Post
                    Who gives a shit. Just keep working on it to your satisfaction.
                    Agreed. I really like the look of those

- www.bagriders.com - Email us at: sales@bagriders.com -

- Did you find a lower price? We Price Match! -

Comment

Id love to see that wagon finished =]

Comment

keep building it man. there is nothing wrong with a budget build that is still quality.

Imma keep watching for inspiration

Comment

thanks guys.... that was my state of mind when I was building my ae86. After all of the commentary from e-critics, when i was done, it would cause rubber-necking everytime i took it out.

I'm debating between the gold and the chromium black.. each one would look nice since it's on an extremely bright white exterior.

Comment

black on white is played out bro.....personally. bling it

Comment

silver on white -

chromium black on white -

gold on white -

Or, I can coat them in the same white as the car..........
                              Last edited by sirdriftalot; 06-24-2011, 09:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X