1990 Honda Civic ED4 sedan coilover question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1990 Honda Civic ED4 sedan coilover question

Hey stopped to ask a quick question and where best to ask a suspension question then the lowest whips around forum right? Anyways, i have a Honda Civic sedan 1990 ex and would like to remove the adjuster plate so it will sit lower in the rear and maybe the front as well, there just a ebay coilover and i have stock struts, yea i know but i wanna sit lower, any thoughts or opinions on this?

when i started shopping around for coilovers i was going to go function and form type 2 coilovers for my hatch. theyre fully threaded, and relatively cheap compared to alot of others. i ended up finding something else for what i want so i didnt get them.

they would have been my choice if i didnt go the route i took.
    1970 Toyota Corona Mark II - project kyushabozo
    1995 mk3 vw golf - daily

Comment

What about just removing the coil packs and leaving the spring only?

Comment

the ebay coil sleeves wont get you low. there a coil over sleeve system. leaving the "spring only" will only get you maybe 1/2 inch at most.

if you want low theres 3 ways people go about achieving it, coilovers, air ride, and cut springs. pick what suits you best. having cut springs isnt the route to take, but on a very low budget will get you by.

id go coilovers on a ef sedan, but i guess that just my opinion.
        1970 Toyota Corona Mark II - project kyushabozo
        1995 mk3 vw golf - daily

Comment

Also dont forget extended top hats

allows you to drop the car that amount, without losing shock travel, like you do with coilover sleeves.

you can get ground control ones, that are only an inch and a half or so.

or custom make your own, and go all the way up to 3 inches.

Comment

^^^ What he said. You might wanna change your shocks. I have a ef sedan myself. except mines a 91 ex.
            Get tokico blues, Ground control coilovers, Extended top hats. You can have some made or better yet, Buy them. Good luck on the build! Here's a pic of my buddies old sedan with the same set up I told you just now.

Comment

Originally posted by ogphotos1993 View Post
              ^^^ What he said. You might wanna change your shocks. I have a ef sedan myself. except mines a 91 ex.
              Get tokico blues, Ground control coilovers, Extended top hats. You can have some made or better yet, Buy them. Good luck on the build! Here's a pic of my buddies old sedan with the same set up I told you just now.
              Does he have a build thread or something? Every suspension thread about Tokicos/GCs has some guy saying he's "bottomed out" on his sleeves and he's barely tucking tire. Since I've currently pieced together a whole setup of Tokico HPs, off-the-shelf Ground Controls and extended top hats for my ED7 hatch, I really really REALLY wanna know how he got that insanely low on that setup. Shorter springs? Custom rates? No sleeves? I'm dyin' here

LOW & SLOW ED7 DAILY DRIVER BUILD

Comment

Working...
              X