Domestic Stance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Domestic Stance

Hey Guys, I got a 2006 Cobalt SS Sedan, that I picked up about 2 1/2 Months ago. Just starting the build right now, and only have a few minor mods to it. Just put on a set of Stance Gr+ coilovers and spun them down to lose the wheel gap. Cant fit a finger in there. This is just my winter height, but im planning to go lower in Spring next year.

Just a quick question for you guys, There seems to be a lack of wheels made in 5x110 bolt patterns, How safe is it to get a 5x112 rim drilled to 5x110? thanks guys.

Looks great so far.

And someone correct me if I'm wrong, but don't a lot of Volvo's have the same bolt pattern?
    Stance-less

Comment

Volvos run 5x108... now THAT is a hard bolt pattern to find decent wheels in... haha.

Redrilling is okay, but you would be just as well off running wobble bolts or adapters depending on the offset of the wheel.

Follow Me On Instagram! @jvc8790 #jvcphotography

Comment

You don't need to re drill mate just get merc figment 5x112 then use wobble bolts they will give you the 2mm difference and slot cheaper

Comment

cant use wobble bolts since the car has Studs and wheel bolts.
          Originally posted by Jesus Christ
          he mustve enjoyed that bj.

i know for a fact you chubby bitches could suck the air bubbles out of a brake line

Comment

Saab are 5x110 if i remember well and there is definitely a lot of really nice wheels on the late models, 17" and 18", you do not have to want fat dishes...

Comment

Originally posted by benz88 View Post
              cant use wobble bolts since the car has Studs and wheel bolts.
              you can use wobble nuts

ig: @jonnie86

Comment

Yup wobble nuts, you could redrill to 5x110, but it will cost a fair bit more, and then reselling the wheels becomes a lot harder too.
                - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

I dont want to run adapters because I cant run any camber on the rear of this car with out major work since the rear axle is an ancient soild rear axle design, and adapters would push these rims out to far on the car. looking at rpf1s 18x9 et 35. they come 5x112

Comment

Use shims to get some camber outbid the rear. Vw Gus have been doin this for quiet some time
                    Ryan

Comment

just use wobble nuts man, problem solved

That place has em, found it on a cobalt forum

ig: @jonnie86

Comment

Originally posted by Tuck&Poke View Post
                        just use wobble nuts man, problem solved

That place has em, found it on a cobalt forum
                        hmm intresting, thanks man.

Quick question, how does a wobble nut work? how does it make the 5x112 wheel fit the 5x110 bolts? Just trying to gain an understanding of what i will be doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Stancedstratus View Post
                          hmm intresting, thanks man.

Quick question, how does a wobble nut work? how does it make the 5x112 wheel fit the 5x110 bolts? Just trying to gain an understanding of what i will be doing.
                          Look at this pic:

The inside of the nut where the stud threads can "float" inside the part that sits against the rim and centers it on the stud. I didn't know what they were, but it is easy to figure out how it works by just looking at the pic.

Good luck, and that Cobalt looks good that low.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

Thanks, I understood that part about how it can move inside, but what i dont get is, how does it move the bolt so that the rim will fit on it? Wouldnt the rim still not go on the Bolt since the bolt itself isnt moving, and only the nut that holds the rim on? Maybe I'm missing something here Lol

Comment

I used to have a Cobalt SS. I'm WhiteSSBalt on CobaltSS.net, though I never get on there anymore. Good luck with the build. I was pretty close to doing a full on stance makeover on mine, but decided against it because I had the car for a few years and was growing bored with it. Looking forward to seeing what you do with yours though.
                              MB Obsidian Black Metallic Crossfire SRT-6
                              Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

Working...
                              X