215/45/18 on 18x8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 215/45/18 on 18x8

please post pics of 215/45/18 on 18x8 thanks!

Comment

hahaha wow i saw that same picture on google, like the only good one i found lol

Comment

That doesn't seem like much a stretch. What are you looking for? Stretch or slighyt stretched sidewall.

I have a 225/40 on an 18x9 and it does a slight stretch inwards. I would look into a 205 at least if possible?
        -BMW Master Technician

Comment

on my model Altima u usually dont call for anything less than a 45 sidewall for 18s. being the size of the wheelwells, and it can fit 22s no rub. but they dont make a 205/45/18, just a 205/40/18. a guy is trading me his Yokahama 215/45/18 for my 225/40/18s. this is cause the 35 offset has the tires in the back rubbing just a lil when i hit bumps, and i plan on throwin the front down another inch.

soooo im just doing this to tuck a lil tire, since at my lowest point on static i wont tuck 40 sidewall 18s. this car needs at least 19s, so im satisfied with the tucked tire look for a daily driver. and curve the sidewall to make more clearance. and if its enough clearance, i can put some spacers on for a lil more "poke" if i can use that work lol. nothing crazy aggressive for now, maybe next year when i can afford to

Comment

You need wider wheels if you want a stretched profile. No way around it.

Comment

i know that. im not looking for a stretched profile, just a thinner tread pattern to avoid rubbing. this is cause of where the 35 offset sits in my fenders. and just wana see ahead of time what it will look like. i dont plan on wide wheels with a stretch anytime soon.

Comment

Nice thread, I am looking for the same thing! Keeping an eye out for pics and this thread....

BTW, to all those saying that "more tire stretch" is needed, what maximum wheel width would be suggested/recommended, since the recommended wheel width range for most 215/45/18 tires are 7"-8", possibly 8-1/2".... Thanks! (Sorry if this seems like a thread jack, but seems somewhat relevant ;-P)
                "I know I'm not Stance|Works material. I'm just a fan. " - Stretchd8

"Jesus must love me " - FittedDownLow

Comment

Originally posted by HEcreated487 View Post
                  Nice thread, I am looking for the same thing! Keeping an eye out for pics and this thread....

BTW, to all those saying that "more tire stretch" is needed, what maximum wheel width would be suggested/recommended, since the recommended wheel width range for most 215/45/18 tires are 7"-8", possibly 8-1/2".... Thanks! (Sorry if this seems like a thread jack, but seems somewhat relevant ;-P)
                  i dont fully understand what your asking, is it what wheel width would give you stretch with a 215/45?

op, have you rolled your fenders?

ig: @jonnie86

Comment

Originally posted by Tuck&Poke View Post
                    i dont fully understand what your asking, is it what wheel width would give you stretch with a 215/45??
                    I apologize for the confusion.... Yes, what maximum wheel width would give a nice stretch, considering that the maximum recommended width for 215/45/18 tire is roughly 8"...

Obviously, many people have pushed tires beyond their recommended range in wheel widths as suggested by the tire manufacturer(s), but just researching the "safe" limits ... LOL... Thanks!

Comment

its harder to show stretch on a 215/45 because of how much sidewall it has. I had a 215/45 falken 452 on a 9.5 and it barely looked stretched, but it was

Last edited by Tuck&Poke; 06-22-2010, 03:42 PM.

Comment

^^ DAMN! I <3 <3 <3 IT! Exactly what I was looking for .... Thanks bro!

Comment

as far as maximum, you gotta get pretty wide, i currently have a 215/40 (less sidewall) on a 10 and I daily drive it with no issues.

Comment

tyrestretch.com is your friend

. . . edit, it must not be too much strech because its not on there lol

225/45/18 on 8

215/35/18 on 8

sigpic
                            SteveO@OpenRoadTuning.com
                            (888) 407-2997
                            >>>OPENROADTUNING<<<
                            >> CHECK OUT OUR NEW WEB STORE!! <<

Become a Fan!!

Homegrown Motorsports
                            Blown Euros
                            Wheel Whores

Comment

ya i know it wasnt on tyrestretch cause i tried lol. but yeah not looking for a stretch on an 8 at all, just shavin some off the side to get more clearance without rolling fenders. ill go with more aggressive wheels later just for now i want to tuck tires. and cause of my height i think a 45 sidewall is best for my Altima. 18s arent that big for my model so thats why a 45 sidewall will work. and they dont make a 205/45/18 unfortunately

but i do have my eye on some cheap rims, gold Rays-style rims (knockoffs nor Rotas though) that are as follows:

F= 18x8.5 25offset R= 18x9.5 35 offset

i think those sizes would be perfect for my ride. cause i have a 18x8 35 offset now and it doesnt sit flush but comes out pretty nice!

Comment

Working...
                              X