Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So you drove the car around like that?
    Originally posted by redciv1
    Style 5's and E36's are like Civic's and Rota's, just looks good.
    Originally posted by Francois Dillinger
    Would you wear skechers with an armani suit?

Comment

Like what??

Originally posted by abest521 View Post
      This is gunna look awesome when finished. Let me know if you need any tools or help. I have a fairly well equipped garage/driveway.
      Wow, you're close. I live in Oakland Twp. when not at school. I'll probably do everything at a friends house down the street. You've likely seen him cruising around, considering how close we are to LO.
      He drives these:

MK4 is either on A8 wheels, Alphards, or mono blocks right now.

EDIT - almost forgot his bike he's always tooling around on in the summer.

It's about as fast as my civic, but it looks dope.
      Last edited by Dane; 03-19-2012, 04:14 PM.

Canon, Fuji, Mamiya, Minolta + Pentax.

Comment

Ugh ur friend's turbo is so sick! wish he was running a different color scheme on the wheels as well as deeper dish..other than that it looks bomb.
        Originally posted by mrfobbyaccent
        i'm sorreh AWWPEHH
        | 95 e36 M3-sold POS | 98 e36 M3-track rat RIP ;( | 90 NA Eunos-lookatme car |

Comment

Originally posted by Dane View Post
          Wow, you're close. I live in Oakland Twp. when not at school. I'll probably do everything at a friends house down the street. You've likely seen him cruising around, considering how close we are to LO.
          Oh yeah I talked to him at motorstadt for a little. Cool dude, awesome car.
          Allen
          flickr / Twitter/Instagram

Comment

I was there - on the right with the black shirt.

Always a good time, and I think I like the new location much better than at the old VAG HQ.

Should be updating this thread over the weekend. Gonna do the coils first.

Comment

lol

Comment

That was a good day for sure. This is the aftermath - post-motorstadt. He passed the fuck out in his car, on his driveway.

Comment

Welp, found this on the rear, so I gotta order some sway bar end links.

The bolt that goes through the bottom of the rear struts are stuck. I mean, fucking stuck.
                  -Lots and lots of PB Blaster - Check.
                  -Propane torch - Check.
                  -2' breaker bar - Check.
                  -My shitty, Husky impact - Check.

Couldn't get that bitch to even move, so I went to my friends.
                  -His impact gun, which we were running nearly 200ft/lbs wouldn't break it.
                  -Acetylene torch. Got everything hot, I mean real hot.
                  -Then we tried a longer breaker bar. They wouldn't even move...

New plan of attack - Get new bolts and get my cutting wheel and drill ready...fuck. Gotta wait till next weekend.

We did manage to get the front coils on, and dropped them as low as they'd go.

Doesn't look that low, because of the enormous wheel wells and only being 16" wheels.

It's actually pretty damn low though.

Tomorrow I am going to see if I can get my new lips powder coated. But that's the current status.
                  Last edited by Dane; 03-25-2012, 02:29 PM.

Comment

put ALLLLLLL the cambers in
                    BUSTER!
                    Low Standards
                    Seffer on the Stanceworks
                    sigpic

Comment

i really wanna see the finished product.
                      Allen
                      flickr / Twitter/Instagram

Comment

I know, I'm still working on it.

I'll use my real camera when I get it together.

Comment

This has been a headache. It took 5 failed attempts at an alignment and a fried pair of Falkens before I decided to raise it up 1.5" and just get it aligned so that I can drive it until school is out.

I snapped a couple pictures before raising it up. The toe was off 5.5˚ between the two front tires, so they would screech going in a straight line. Unfortunately my 16" wheels don't really fill the wells nearly as much as I'd like. It was as low in the front as the Raceland coils would allow, too.

-1-7 by Dane Van, on Flickr

-1-6 by Dane Van, on Flickr

-1-5 by Dane Van, on Flickr

-1-3 by Dane Van, on Flickr

I think I'll get beefier tires when I replace them. I'm not sure exactly what to do at this point, but I'll resume the project when school lets out next month. The bump steer is unbearable not, so I'm trying to figure out whether I need to cut down the bumpstops, or invert the tie rods with a heim joint. It's nice to have it aligned nicely though. The car actually has a lot more grip int he corners than I thought. I've been riding on snow tires since I bought it.

I have the new lips powder coated and ready to go.

Unfortunately the place that did the alignment couldn't get the tires off the rim. So that's the next issue to resolve. (205 on a 10" wheel).

The offsets are going to be a little different than I thought. There will be an extra .5" of poke in the rear.

And the rear goes lower than the front - by a lot. These are 15's.
                          Last edited by Dane; 04-08-2012, 08:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X