Audi TT manual boost controller?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audi TT manual boost controller?

have 2000 Audi TT want to put a manual boost controller but would the motor be safe if a move it to 15psi from 8psi. I've heard the motor can handle it but not sure any other ideas?
    anything would help

Yea shouldn't be an issue, just make sure your n75 boost control valve is in good working order, and you may want to upgrade fuel pressure regulator. We also can safely tune for that boost or a bit more depending on your mods. Pm us if you have any questions.

www.fluidmotorunion.com
    www.stanceworks.com

Originally posted by Oxer
    I'm pretty sure I will molest any exhaust systems you leave lying around

Comment

Im guessing its a 1.8t, only think you gotta worry about it your boost spiking and leaning out. Make sure you get a boost gauge so you can monitor it. Also, you might consider doing a diode mod, http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1484504. I did all three on a friends Jetta and it really added some power. Heres a good diagram for the boost controller, http://shaw-clan.com/beetlepix/boostmbcinstall.jpg.
      -Raffi

Comment

You really don't have to worry about hurting anything as the stock motor will put the car into limp mode past a certain boost level anyhow (~15psi) and in addition to that, the stock ecu is very good about adding more fuel for the higher boost levels. It can add or pull about 25% fuel from what is written in the map depending on MAP and TP readings, etc.

I'd suggest a real tune as they are effing fun as hell and worth it on 1.8t's 8)

Comment

the 1.8 uses a rising rate fuel pressure regulator, so you will be fine there are safe gaurds in place, however getting a chip is the best option.. that way it remaps your timing curve and gives you the most power at that boost level
          http://www.flickr.com/photos/lazer_viking

Comment

just get a tune, will make a much bigger diff.

Comment

Originally posted by lazer viking View Post
              the 1.8 uses a rising rate fuel pressure regulator, so you will be fine there are safe gaurds in place, however getting a chip is the best option.. that way it remaps your timing curve and gives you the most power at that boost level
              x2

Comment

i assumed that 1.8t's and the new 2.0t motors in the vw's were not really designed to use a boost controller like older jdm motors. Mainly because on 1.8t's they have mechanical diverter valves and electronic ones on the new 2.0t engines. Thats why we just get a software chip which has the tune pre-loaded into the ecu controlling the boost levels for you. I had a friend down south back in the day who installed a greddy boost controller on his mkv and it caused huge issues with fuel and the DV and in the end nearly completely destroyed his motor when he decided to up the boost.

Comment

A tune will do the boost increase with fuel increase as needed. Just get Revo, APR, GIAC, Unictronic. You will be set with anyone of those.
                  Nate

Comment

alot of people dont like giac but i havent had problems with it since i got it and did notice immediate gains

Comment

i ran GIAC on my 1.8t for a while, its a good bang for yur buck. i would never run a manual boost controller, i tried before i chipped the car.....just save a little and get the chip its worth it. the 1.8t doesnt run the same with a boost controller. its better to do everything in unison with a chip

Comment

400-500 bucks for a reflash on 1.8t is so worth it, I wouldn't go near diodes and MBCs, too many variables that can cause problems

Flickr

Originally posted by Kielan
                        Oh FUCK YES, 6-10 inches for me this weekend. FUCK YES!

Comment

I prefer APR or C2 Tunes but if you want variable manual boost control on the fly SSBC is the only way to fly IMHO. For $229 I wouldn't think about trying to build my own/ add diodes and what not.

http://www.splitsec.com/products/1.8TBCS/1.8T_BCS.htm

Comment

Unitronic is what I would go with if I were to do it again. I have Revo stage 1 right now and it's been problem-free since I was reflashed in 06

Flickr

Originally posted by Kielan
                            Oh FUCK YES, 6-10 inches for me this weekend. FUCK YES!

Comment

i had GIAC for two years, ran perfect, but it killed my already aged turbo, ive heard great things about unitronic and C2. dont get a MBC and mess around with stuff. Vag cars are too temperamental just go with a chip and call it a day, which i would have in the first place originally when i had mine

Comment

Working...
                              X