E90 335i Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E90 335i Build

Figured I might as well make a build thread over here, seeing as you guys are more my style over the traditional BMW forums. I traded in my B7 A4 for an 08 E90 BMW 335i about 6 months ago. I couldn't be happier with the decision.

When I got it it already had a couple nice mods to it to start me off. It came with a Vishnu Procede/intake and Bilstein/H&R springs and tint.

A couple pics from how it looked when I got it.

The first thing I did was purchase a winter setup being my only car and living in Minnesota.

It's actually not bad in the snow. The only problem I had was in really deep snow because of the clearance factor.

First thing was first I needed to get rid of the damn woodgrain trim. I decided to wrap it in some matte silver vinyl. Turned out good but it wasn't long before I switched it up again.

Before:

After:

Next I went back to the stock blue and white roundels from the carbon fiber ones that came on the car. I got rid of my ugly amber corners with some gloss black vinyl. I also put some blue lamin-x on my fog lights.

I also added a RHO plate mount and found some plugs for the holes in my bumper until I do a different bumper.

Winter pic.

Next on the list was to get rid of the awful non sport steering wheel. I ordered up an M3 wheel and an airbag.

I also got my wheels back from the powdercoater about the same time. I went with OEM 19" X5 wheels. I had never seen them on an E90 and I like the sizes of them. I decided to go with a somewhat different color. I went with a nice cream called light ivory.

I also got a performance shift knob, alcantara shift boot, and an alcantara trim piece for on the steering wheel.

I then thought I would try something with the interior trim. I wrapped it with some cream colored vinyl.

Pics of everything installed.

And remember it was winter still when all of this was happening so I had to sit and stare at the wheels for a couple months trying to imagine what they would look like.

Next up was some proper suspension. Installed some KW V1 coils.

Got a couple more goodies in the mail. Still haven't installed the boost gauge

Finally it was wheel time!!!!

Got my tires mounted up. I went with Falken 452's, 225/35's on the front (19x9) and 235/35's on the back (19x10).

I got the wheels on and I was happy but I was also like ok something does NOT look right here. lol

Chrome window trim and chrome front grills needed to go ASAP. They clashed so horribly with the cream wheels.

So I pulled everything that I could and went to work with some Plasti-dip.

So much better without the chrome. It's amazing how the littlest things make the biggest differences.

Next on the agenda were a few minor aesthetic bits.

Installed some white angel eyes.

Painted the rotors.

I was really bored this day and thought I would see what something would look like. I got some create your own color Plasti-dip and did my mirrors in cream as well.

It was fun for a little while. It looked pretty good IMO but it didn't last too long.

I ended up doing them matte black just for something a little different.

The following weekend I finished up a couple more things that I still needed to do to get ready for show season.

Cleaned and painted around my hubs.

Since I was already pulling all of the wheels off I decided to scrub the barrels and get all the crud off them. Light colored wheels suck to keep clean.

Clean!

I also spun my rear coils down the rest of the way.

Added some love.

Got some white fogs installed.

Then to the first meet/show of the year. Our monthly Cars & Coffee. Always a good time.

Fast forward to today this is how she sits.

I decided to sell the X5 wheels and get something different. I never quite got them to sit how I wanted but oh well. I wanted to push the rears out 10 more mm and throw some more camber into the mix. The next setup will get more fine tuned. They should be here early this week.

Stay tuned.

Last edited by Schmaudi; 04-29-2012, 09:51 PM.

fucking yes!, loving those wheels (x5 ones) car looked very good imo

Comment

That color scheme was soo much win. But I bet you have some great stuff ahead

Comment

Looked damn good with those x5 wheels.

Comment

Thanks guys! The next wheels will be a little more bold

Just ordered a stud conversion kit, some tuner lugs and spacers for the new wheels. I should hopefully have them on by this weekend.

Comment

Classy!

Comment

Really like this! Exited for what comes next
              Representing Norway Group

Comment

X5 wheels actually looked pretty good - Maybe a different color would've helped them fit more nicely.
                Pretty cool so far. How hard was pulling all the dash trim pieces?

"Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"

Comment

Not too bad at all. The toughest part was the ashtray cover only because I didn't know the "trick" to taking it off properly and chipped it a bit. It will be coming off again very shortly to fit with the color of the new wheels.

Comment

Feel free to write a quick DIY E90 trim removal then

"Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"

Comment

Operation refinish rashed up wheels before Cars & Coffee this weekend.

Test fit went VERY well.* ;D

Comment

great color combo with the x5's

curious to c where this will end
                        Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

There is no end, we've only just begun.

Comment

just not sure about the relocation of the front tag.

but the end result was VERY good.

are the ///M-X6 wheels too big for these cars? 20x10j and 11j rear. just wondering.

Instagram: dankasrz_s666

Comment

This is great, i love the x5 wheels as well.
                              Originally posted by Jesus Christ
                              the VW community is weird. dont try to understand, its like understanding africa.
                              Instagram: bigslowchevy

Comment

Working...
                              X