This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender Rolling and Pulling

OK, thought i'd put a thread up about pulling and rolling dem fenders seeing so many people have asked ,

People always have a million questions about it, so nows the time to ask. I've been messing with fenders for almost 15 years, so chances are i've worked on your make and model of car already.
    This isnt an ad, just a chance for people to get a discussion going, because it really seems like people need fender work, but are pretty clueless about how, why, where and when.

heres some pics of some of the stuff i do to get started.

Lexus GS with 19x12s , Before

After,

Tony 818 368 4395
    Last edited by Tonys18t; 02-28-2011, 09:27 AM.
    Yeah, i'm that guy you've heard about that rolls and pulls fenders in SoCal , hit me up .

You need to come roll my fenders!!

Comment

good idea, id probably put this in ride control, but i think we need this. There is very little information out there.

ig: @jonnie86

Comment

To true, Hellaflush this year kinda made me think of it, so many people have screwed up their fenders, i was genuinely shocked to see some of the hack jobs out there.
        Yeah, i'm that guy you've heard about that rolls and pulls fenders in SoCal , hit me up .

Comment

Question: Using a fender roller - can I roll out some very slight dents I made in the fender while hammering down the fender lip? I had my rear fenders done by a shop but it wasnt enough, so to stop the wheel rubbing I used a rubber mallet and a block of iron to flatten the fender edge. Passenger's side came out perfect, driver's side has 3 small dents on the top of the arch. If I use a fender roller to further roll teh fenders, is there any chance that I can roll these flat again?

And for understanding purpose:
          Basically all you do is heat the paint and gently apply pressure with the fender roller and do a few rolls over the arch to get an even result?

'87 Porsche 944 S | Ex-E36 Touring (2009 - 2016) | Daily: '02 Chrysler Sebring

www.bastienbochmann.de | Tief & Breit

Comment

Glad to see you put a mustang up... can a person pull fenders on a mustang? my 295/50-15s w/ -13 offset 15x8s rub -particularly bad on the driver side! (yes it is redneck status. I love the stance movement, but don't know how it can work on a 95 gt)
            I did a terrible job of rolling them myself, but they look about as thin as the pix you showed of that black 99-04. So, for me to get more clearance it seems like pulling would be my only option other than raising the car back up some (really don't want to do that!).
            Last edited by Hillbilly; 06-11-2010, 03:06 PM.

Comment

How much, and do you trim fenders?

-1993 535i/5 NA-T

Comment

and pics of you rolling an e36 rear fender?

Comment

ever done a 1972 Toyota Carina haha? doubt it but if your down in the fall sometime I'm down to let you !!

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.AK View Post
                    Basically all you do is heat the paint and gently apply pressure with the fender roller and do a few rolls over the arch to get an even result?
                    It seems that simple, but its definitely not. After watching Tony roll my fenders, it's not as easy as bolting the roller on the car and just rolling the fenders. As you get closer to the back of the car or closer to the front of the car, you have to adjust the angle of the roller. There is such a great amount of pressure being applied from the roller, that you'll end up pushing out the front and back of the fender, and the center part MIGHT be ok/rolled or probably pushed inward a bit from the outer portions of the fender being pushed outward. Even though Tony does it really quickly and makes it look so damn easy, its definitely an easy way to fuck up your fenders.

Comment

Originally posted by polo12345 View Post
                      and pics of you rolling an e36 rear fender?
                      e36's are a bit tough. Works a lot better when you cut the fender just before the spot welds (so it doesnt split) and then roll the rest.

ig: @jonnie86

Comment

my eastwood fender roller is probably one of the best purchases i have ever made, everyone needs to make sure the get a good heat gun as well.

i'll post some pics of fender rolling i've done when i get a chance
                        Straight Outta Wiscompton
                        Team Gileto. Graphics-Coatings-Performance
                        Shakotan Midnight - Low Car Street Team

Comment

i seriously need to take care of my rear fenders

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.AK View Post
                            Question: Using a fender roller - can I roll out some very slight dents I made in the fender while hammering down the fender lip? I had my rear fenders done by a shop but it wasnt enough, so to stop the wheel rubbing I used a rubber mallet and a block of iron to flatten the fender edge. Passenger's side came out perfect, driver's side has 3 small dents on the top of the arch. If I use a fender roller to further roll teh fenders, is there any chance that I can roll these flat again?

Do you have pics of the dents? Being able to take them out using a roller really depends on where they are located.

As you roll, it is important to be conscious of how much pressure you are applying, as well as the angle of the wheel. Usually, you apply the the most torque at the center of the fender (position where the roller is completely vertical), and as you move away from the center, you simultaneously lessen the torque bit-by-bit. Heating is simple; heat the paint, do a few passes with the roller, re-heat, do a few more passes, etc., until you're all done.

Originally posted by Hillbilly View Post
                            Glad to see you put a mustang up... can a person pull fenders on a mustang? my 295/50-15s w/ -13 offset 15x8s rub -particularly bad on the driver side! (yes it is redneck status. I love the stance movement, but don't know how it can work on a 95 gt)
                            I did a terrible job of rolling them myself, but they look about as thin as the pix you showed of that black 99-04. So, for me to get more clearance it seems like pulling would be my only option other than raising the car back up some (really don't want to do that!).
                            The rear fenders on Mustangs are pretty thick, but they can definitelly be pulled. As a matter of fact, I did a '95 Cobra just yesterday.

Comment

roofing hammer and a right arm is all you need

Comment

Working...
                              X