WTB: 2" BBS RS lips (17") and gold bolts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTB: 2" BBS RS lips (17") and gold bolts

I am looking for two 2" BBS Rs lips (17") brand new, slightly used, in need of refinish, whatever you got. I will consider 2.5" lips as well

I am also looking for gold bolts, I need 68 spike and 68 normal bolts. I have used but refinished silver bolts that I can throw in.

Anyone?

Comment

i have 2 lips from bbs rs that need a tiny bit of work if your interested.. i know how hard they are to find i cant find 2 that are the same so im getting 4 new custom lips
      www.lowbuds.com

PM me for powder coating at a gear price!

Comment

PM sent

Comment

Bump. Black forest industries is sold out of gold bolts

Comment

up

Comment

Pretty sure I have the 68 regular rs gold bolts. Bought them from BFI a while back and went another route. How soon do you need them, they're burried in a box in my garage.

Comment

Do you happen to have 136 of em. I could probably still go with 68 but I am starting to think that the spike bolts look kind of dumb

No rush, just sometime this month lol

Comment

Originally posted by SwagenGti View Post
                  Do you happen to have 136 of em. I could probably still go with 68 but I am starting to think that the spike bolts look kind of dumb

No rush, just sometime this month lol
                  Nah, I'm sure I don't have 136. What happened was, I installed these on my style 5's while my car was undergoing an engine swap. Like a dumbass, I left the car parked outside for a couple months without an engine and without any detailing. The front of the car was covered with a tarp secured with bricks, while the back of the car was exposed to the elements. The rear wheel bolts rusted, the front wheel bolts remained squeaky clean. It was a bonehead move on my part. Had I went out there once a week and wiped the wheels down, the bolts would've been fine.

Upon researching the issue, I found out that you can't gold plate over chrome. Chrome provides an effective barrier against corrosion. However, it's too hard of a metal for gold to adhere to. So when they gold plate things, they have to strip the chrome off first, then plate it with a softer metal like nickel or copper before they can plate it with gold. This still leaves a decent resistance to corrosion, however if left unmaintained in moist conditions for an extended period, the possibility is still there. Stock style 5 bolts were zinc plated, then clearcoated at the factory. Some of the early style 5's didn't have clearcoated bolts. If you remove the clearcoat and polish the zinc plating like many people do when refinishing, the zinc plating wears thin and the bolts will eventually rust if left unmaintained.

Sorry for the long post. The moral of the story is that you have to keep your wheels clean and I only have 68 bolts, lol.

Comment

So are these pretty much new bolts then? (well, slightly used?) How much are you looking for em? Do you have the nuts as well?

Comment

So are these pretty much new bolts then? (well, slightly used?) How much are you looking for em? Do you have the nuts as well?
                      Pretty much. They've never seen the pavement, but they were installed, torqued to spec with blue loctite and left under a tarp for two months. I will clean them up though just to make sure they're as good as new for you and I'll post pics as well. I only have a few nuts leftover, I used most of them on my other wheels. They're dirt cheap though, you could get them at your local hardware store. BFI sells the bolts for $1.59ea, how's $1.10 a piece sound? Should save you about 35 bucks.

Comment

Arent they somewhat special nuts though? I know they are 12 point but are they grade 8/10.9 hardened nuts or just regular nuts? I feel like the nuts alone would run as much as the bolts

Comment

Arent they somewhat special nuts though? I know they are 12 point but are they grade 8/10.9 hardened nuts or just regular nuts? I feel like the nuts alone would run as much as the bolts
                          I think the ones BFI sends with the bolts are regular nuts. But either way, they're not as expensive as you think. I have a place I go to called "Industrial Bolt", I'm sure they have them. I can pick some up for you, shouldn't be more than 5 bucks.
                          Last edited by cooljess76; 03-03-2012, 08:12 AM.

Comment

I see. Lemme get some pics and we can figure it out

Comment

any body?

Comment

Working...
                              X