Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love it!

Comment

Really cool project. Like dr AK said though, whats the plan for the rear? looks kinda awkward IMO

Flickr

Comment

awesome.
        Raven
        92 Corrado VR6t
        93 Corrado SLC
        90 Miata (racecar)

Comment

Originally posted by Repiks View Post
          There won't be any fenders, but whatever wheels we decide on will be much closer to the stock body. Like a lot of rods, we decided to go fenderless. Keep in mind, the current rear wheels are stock IROC wheels mounted backwards to fit.
          Meh. :/

"Real" (no offense, just used to define the usual rods) rods can pull off the fenderless look, because for them the fenders are originally parts that are ATTACHED to the body and are simply taken off for this / cut off.

With a newer style body like this, that is not possible. At the moment it just looks like... there was a random axle with random wheels lying around and you placed a bare shell on it, to save some space in storage. :/ Quite awkward, imho.

If you want the fenderless look, maybe weld the rear fenders closed with just a small opening for the axle?

'87 Porsche 944 S | Ex-E36 Touring (2009 - 2016) | Daily: '02 Chrysler Sebring

www.bastienbochmann.de | Tief & Breit

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.AK View Post
            Meh. :/

"Real" (no offense, just used to define the usual rods) rods can pull off the fenderless look, because for them the fenders are originally parts that are ATTACHED to the body and are simply taken off for this / cut off.

With a newer style body like this, that is not possible. At the moment it just looks like... there was a random axle with random wheels lying around and you placed a bare shell on it, to save some space in storage. :/ Quite awkward, imho.

If you want the fenderless look, maybe weld the rear fenders closed with just a small opening for the axle?
            dude its not finished
            Originally posted by Jesus Christ
            he mustve enjoyed that bj.

i know for a fact you chubby bitches could suck the air bubbles out of a brake line

Comment

I never said it was. I'm just giving constructive criticism.

Comment

but its not finished

Flickr

Comment

Go away, Stevie.

Comment

but im not finished

Flickr

Comment

This thread will be EPIC.
                      If you havin' fitment problems I feel bad for you, son.
                      I got 99 problems but my stance ain't one.

Comment

Sick!
                        I dislike Byron.

Comment

This is my kind of build and thread, love it when someone has the balls to try something so different! i will be watching for sure.
                          Live,Breathe,Build,Believe,BMW!

Comment

Appreiciate your criticism man.

Any sort of metal work will be easy. It has to have some relief for the axle to have up and down travel. But once the final wheels are on, John will do what he thinks is best.
                            03' Lightning w/ Bolt-Ons | KLR 650 | Duece.

Originally posted by willis
                            This is Stanceworks, champ. Get with it.

Comment

Oh my...
                              - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

This is so awesome. I'm loving the way the '02 body looks in a rat configuration especially the ass end. I just think it looks cool especially with the longer wheel base. Yeah the rear wheel set up looks a bit awkard since there is space to see the wheel wells but it will look rad with wheels tigher against the body like you guys have planned. Plus it's way to early to be critisizing and the work looks legit. Seeing what he's done so far, I have faith John will create something ridiculously dope

IG: @_olliee

Comment

Working...
                                X