No announcement yet.

Golf Mk3 herp derp thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Totally starting to see what you mean with the vento front, getting more and more common.
    Still, it's an easy swap if I get tired of it since I still have all the parts, I'd have to get better looking headlights though hah.

Comment

This is my mates show winning VR6

Comment

love 3 spoke wheels
        doing it for the internet and the scene kids.

Comment

@Curlyo8: Not bad, it looks clean I'm glad i went for a badgeless grille.

Here's todays update:

Not perfect, but it's looking a lot better then before the wetsanding, all it needs now is a good ol' polish.
          Should look pretty good once it's all together
          Last edited by Pierate; 04-18-2013, 10:40 AM.

Comment

lookin good so far, sir!
            sigpic

Follow me on Instagram! @cskzero

Comment

Minor update, decided on what color the wheel centers will be (the Kerscher Carmonas):

Shitty cellphone pic but it shows the color well enough, might mock it up in photoshop later.
              Last edited by Pierate; 04-18-2013, 10:40 AM.

Comment

Another not so amazing update:

But atleast the paint is actually on the wheels this time, or atleast a center cap! (Not entirely dry yet in the picture)

Should be starting on the actual wheels either saturday or monday now that the center caps are mostly done.

Will make sure to get more and better pics for the next update
                Last edited by Pierate; 04-18-2013, 10:41 AM.

Comment

Better updates are needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattphi View Post
                    Better updates are needed.
                    Oh I'm working on it alright, next update shall be a great one indeed.

Comment

Alright, so the weather got pretty nice a while ago which made me realize how lazy I've been this winter. Thus, I decided to just do what I had to do in order to get the car back onto the road.

So here goes:

Finished the center caps:

Got some new side repeaters that match the rest better:

Did some of this:

Found this little guy, may he rest in peace:

Cleaned up the rear a bit:

Gave it a wash before putting the plastic fenders back on:

And here it is as of today:

Still have to get a wheel adjustment done, finishing the wheels and get some spacers going.

And more lows, ofcourse.
                      Last edited by Pierate; 04-18-2013, 10:43 AM.

Comment

Gotta love that vw

Its amasing..but i think the first wheels fitted the best :P
                        Still building....

My Ride

Comment

Alright, I'm reviving this ol' thread as I will be doing some work on this car with the goal of dailying it and looking good while doing it. Or atleast attempt to look good.

I'm planning on bringing it back towards this:

With the biggest difference being the color of the wheels (as can be seen in the thread)

other plans include:
                          Swap back to Golf 3 front now that everyone else has Vento front.
                          Get some headlights that doesn't look like shit (see picture above)
                          Do some more rolling on the arches.
                          Way less stretch (mainly because I'd rather buy 2 tires instead of 4)
                          And some general tidying up of bits and pieces.

Anyway, the stance will be limited, but I also plan on getting a project car going eventually, like after the winter

Oh heres a picture of how it currently sits, except dirtier:

The plan was to sell it but in the end I've decided to keep it around and keep an eye out for interesting trades.
                          Last edited by Pierate; 04-18-2013, 10:44 AM.

Comment

i love those flares!
                            IG @RobthaBavarian

Comment

Quick update; I've been trying to find some gti headlights, either original or black, however they seem rather difficult to find with manual adjustment knobs. The only ones I've found wont be in stock until april
                              So most likely I will be running the mk4 lookalike uglies i have until then.

@Rob&co: Best part is that they hide my fenders that are somewhat wonky from the rolling lol.

Should be getting some pictures up this weekend of all kinds of things, assuming I will remember to bring my camera.

Comment

Love the 4 door golfs. Looks good man!

IG: Nick475

Comment

Working...
                                X