No announcement yet.

1984 Mercedes 500SEL Euro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got the injectors back from cleaning, here's the readout. Kinda what I expected.

Here's a pic of the HVAC wood area, mainly taken for reference. I removed the ash tray and radio so I can wire up a new one when the time comes. Also cleaned out some rodent remnants that somehow got under there.

And the shifter wood. I remembered these pieces being in really bad shape, but turns out neither is very bad. Dash and door pieces, on the other hand, are awful
    4 Cars, 0 Cupholders

Comment

AMG Wheelin'

4 Cars, 0 Cupholders

Comment

jelly, thats a nice wheel. glad to see you doing all the little maintenance stuff. little things like that matter. clean car!
        Balls Deep Squad.

Comment

So it rained for about 1 month straight, but now we're looking at a nice stretch of weather so I clayed and waxed it outside Looks slightly less like a giant paperweight now.

Still waiting on le parts... front bumper is about to be dropped off to be painted, I'd like to throw that on next time it's on a lift at the shop. My plan is to finish this work, put new tires on it once it's driving, and drive it a mile down the road to the Benz dealer to do the timing chain guide rails and full inspection.
          4 Cars, 0 Cupholders

Comment

i loooooooooooooooooooove these big body benzes. Very intimidating car especially black with some amg chrome monoblocks. Love the meshies though and that woodgrain will look dope.

Comment

gangster

Comment

Thanks guyz.

Replaced my door striker/locking eye today. Finally the driver front door closes all ze way. Opens and closes like a dream now, actually, as I said verbatim on other forums. >_<

It was cool though. Remove 4 allen bolts and mind the extra slider brackets, realign with the 'dirt shadow' that the old locking eye left, and it worked perfect on the first try. Sweet

4 Cars, 0 Cupholders

Comment

Good God that thing is massive. Looks so so gangster.
                  Ol Dirty Bastard - RIP

Photo by Alex Dooley
                  2016 Ducati Scrambler, 2015 Subaru Impreza

Comment

I love it! This thing is awesome

When are you going to refurb those wheels? I love the meshies.

Reminds me of something the yakuza would drive.

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
                    @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

Originally posted by rice4life View Post
                      I love it! This thing is awesome

When are you going to refurb those wheels? I love the meshies.

Reminds me of something the yakuza would drive.
                      Hell yeah.

I dunno, refurbing these wheels isn't very high on my priority list. The black is growing on me too. It will look way better once it's dropped and has the rears spaced out a little bit, with some nice tires and exhaust..

edit: ALSO I found a receipt the other day, the PO actually spent some money to get them refurbed back in the late 80s. So I'm happy to rock someone Wisconsin guy's paint job for as long as it lasts. Looks pretty good in person and they could really use a polish
                      Last edited by hi its me alec; 06-21-2013, 07:08 PM.
                      4 Cars, 0 Cupholders

Comment

Took some more pics the other day to show original condition of the interior. I've done some random cleaning on all the carpet pieces under the dash, and all the vents cleaned out with a brush and class cleaner. So, nothing has been aired out or vacuumed yet.

driver front door trim and switch, bad shape

i like these clusters, they look really nice stock

took the rear/center headliner piece down, it was just dangling by the dome light

The back seat has this weird crusty pink staining all over the place. That will be fixed once it's driving, I have 'a guy' for that

both B-pillars need to be taken off and reglued

passenger front also needs the wood trim and seat switch replaced

dash wood is VERY unhappy, across the board

wood glue

more wood glue
                        4 Cars, 0 Cupholders

Comment

Very cool...with a little TLC, old mercs perform like new
                          Check out my Alfa restoration here:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8l...7WzTiNj8Xy6C4A

Comment

Not sure if I'll use these yet, but I just picked up these 18x8 and 18x9 AMGs. I'm guessing their offset of 38 will be a little weak on the W126.

4 Cars, 0 Cupholders

Comment

Finally met up with a local guy last night and got the wood trim. MMMMMM it looks so nice Also got some much-needed items like blower motor and windshield wiper cowl.

I put the 2 easiest pieces in today, can't wait to tackle the long dash piece. Doesn't look too hard, the cluster just has to come out as far as I can tell. I need to vacuum this thing BADLY but the new wood still looks great.

Glovebox and corner pieces were really easy. There's a good comparison pic a few posts ago, both of these pieces were about to fall off on their own before I replaced them.

Laughable difference between the new and old trim.
                              4 Cars, 0 Cupholders

Comment

Originally posted by b5Avant View Post
                                "theres nothing more expensive than a cheap merc"
                                QFT

this is getting very interesting

http://www.mvip.com.au
                                clicky^

Comment

Working...
                                X