Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1969 simca 1118

Hey Guys!
    Posting up my Simca Project after seeing that FLAWLESS 1971 Bavaria on the blog. I told myself that I wouldn't post anything until I have more stuff done, but I can't resist! I recently Finished My ITB/Megasquirt Setup on my first car, a 1957 Chevy wagon and moved on to this sweet little french car I picked up for 300$ in town two years ago. The engine was seized( finding parts is sort of like living an Indiana Jones Movie) and is in desperate need for proper stancing. I am in college, so progress might be slow but I am super motivated to learn alot on this car and have an idea for the end product. I will be building a turbo ITB setup with sequential injection (MS3) and casting my own parts, ie, TB's Valve cover, fuel/vac blocks etc.

MS3 kit. Dual Core(!) Processor

Wooden male form for aluminum casting.

Mocked Up on the ground. will not be this low but I just wanted to check it out. I ordered some 15" drag dr20's coming in soon.
    Last edited by godzillus; 10-06-2011, 07:26 AM.

sub'd for more!
    ClubSandwichMember

Comment

I have to say your Chevy wagon is effin sweet!!! I have never understood the ms systems but props to ya on what you have done

Comment

I like your style sir. I saw that Bavaria you speak of in person and I really liked it as well. Your old chevy and the bug in the pic are quite nice and I like where your new project is headed... to the ground!

Keep up the good work, I'll be peeping this thread as it progresses for sure

Dave's Muffler & More on the social network!!!
        DAVESMUFFLERANDMORE@GMAIL.COM

Comment

this might be sort of a newb question, but how do you have the ability/ideas/materials to cast your own parts?

--Golden Boy E30 Build--

--My Shop: Where Passion Meets Livelihood (or tries to)--

--Etsy Shop--

--@ayyyitsmikey--

Comment

I have a foundry(made it), a lot of wood working tools(Dad and great uncle were wood workers) for forms, and my dad's best friend owns a glass blowing studio and has all sorts of refractory material and knowledge. You have to build the form 5/32"s per foot bigger in scale than the final part to account for shrinkage during solidification. But really, anyone can do it, doesn't have to be wood though. It just has to stand up to ramming sand on it. Check out the DIY on vwvortex on casting. I will post some pics of the process soon!

Comment

that's awesome. good stuff, keep it up! Will be following this for sure

--Golden Boy E30 Build--

--My Shop: Where Passion Meets Livelihood (or tries to)--

--Etsy Shop--

--@ayyyitsmikey--

Comment

good stuff ahead

subscribed
                Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

It should be that low, or lower. Awesome project ahead of you, keep us posted.

Comment

grrr I knowww! Im trying to be a responsible adult, But I agree. I'm picking up the wheels tomorrow so we will see. I got the 40+ mm offset so flares of some kind might be in order.(I don't know, I'm winging it, never seen another one in real life, let alone slammed). these have a hillclimb/rally heritage in Europe, so I would like to pay tribute to that a bit. Also, these things have a goofy transverse leaf as the lower control arms, so it will take some effort to get it to work right.

Comment

Wheels got in! I need to figure out the lug/studs on this thing, since the stock bolts wont work. I need to make lower a arms for the front, as the transverse leaf just wont go low enough! I flipped the ball joint to the top side of the spring and made an aluminum spacer, but no dice.

Comment

Flip the leaf!

Also, I LOVE the ITBs on the small block. I bet it sounds amazing,
                        Originally posted by AMGwheelwhore
                        Quitters never stance.

Comment

yeah it does!

http://s259.photobucket.com/albums/h...t=SAM_0263.mp4

Flipping the leaf would require the subframe and footwell to be notched, as well as make the upper a arm at a nearly vertical angle. I would like to build a legit suspension, so Im thinking of relocating the uppers 4" up on the frame and building adjustable lower control arms, then find some motorcycle coilovers and mount them in the stock shock position.

Comment

That definitely sounds like the way to go, especially with your fabrication abilities. It looks like the new UCA will have to be quite a shorter. If made adjustable it could serve as your camber adjustment.

This looks like a really fun project!
                            Originally posted by AMGwheelwhore
                            Quitters never stance.

Comment

ill watch, i want to see where this goes.
                              good progress so far.

build thread?

Comment

Working...
                              X