cut springs. e34 content

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by XeRo View Post
    hmmm....may have to do this to my E34 if I don't sell it.
    aha yeah its deff worth it.

Comment

ive heard that riding on cut springs is dangerous. someone school me on this topic....

Comment

Originally posted by aressa03 View Post
        ive heard that riding on cut springs is dangerous. someone school me on this topic....
        A puppy dies every time you cut a coil. Its risky business.

Comment

Comment

cutting springs isn't as bad as it's made out to be. as long as the spring seats properly it's "safe". the second stage of concerns is that the spring is linear (vs. progressive) and heat is kept to a minimum during the cutting to ensure a predictable spring rate. third wave of concerns is suspension travel (similar to larger drop springs, sleeves, and single tap coilovers) and that the spring rate is aggressive enough for low drivability (probably not). in the end it's not so much a safety issue as a function issue. i'll pass.

Comment

Originally posted by SeanDub View Post
              A puppy dies every time you cut a coil. Its risky business.
              why you *****' sean. we bonded.

my car rides rather well considering!!

Comment

YOU'RE WELCOME BROCOHONTAS.

It seems that if you cut lowering springs, you're still good to use them on stock shocks. The E34 isn't bouncy at all it's just noisy as balls with that coffeemaker exhaust poppin. I AIN'T GON LIE I'M A BALL PLAYA 50 TYSON
                Dylan Leff - www.originalplate.com

Comment

Looks great, but honestly, not liking the cut-springs part.

92' E36 320 Coúpe - 2,2l storked - Ebay headers - WARchip - KN filter - 328i decat exhaust - Lightweight M3 flywheel - Coil Overs - Rondell 58 17"

Comment

Originally posted by mojocoggo View Post
                    YOU'RE WELCOME BROCOHONTAS.

It seems that if you cut lowering springs, you're still good to use them on stock shocks. The E34 isn't bouncy at all it's just noisy as balls with that coffeemaker exhaust poppin. I AIN'T GON LIE I'M A BALL PLAYA 50 TYSON
                    AH thank you thank you broast beef

50 tyson

Comment

personally i drive 150 miles a day on springs cut in half.... im not gonna lie it doesn't ride great but its mostly because my rad support is constantly smacking the ground haha... ive had cut springs for over 5k miles now no problems im just a human bobble head lol. Stanceworks coilovers need to get made for 92-95 civics haha
                      HoodRatStatus
                      Instagram @looneylow

Comment

Working...
                      X