Moving my thread over... Sin City e36

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sneak preview:

Got the front bumper all the way through the process... This photo is only with one coat of clear on the front bumper. Two more coats of clear to go.... as well as a cut and buff for a MIRROR shine.

Comment

WOW! Sick work, love it so far! Aint NOTHING like fresh paint haha! Did you spray the part at home or in a booth?
      slamburglars.com

Comment

Thanks gents! The car's being sprayed in the booth. A garage job would scare me, and I'm sure the HOA would have something to say.

Comment

Originally posted by Dangerwillrbnsn View Post
          The car's being sprayed in the booth.

Thought so. You're already planning on cutting and buffing after a booth aint job? When my car was resrayed all it needed was a quick machine polish..
          slamburglars.com

Comment

Originally posted by G535 View Post
            Thought so. You're already planning on cutting and buffing after a booth aint job? When my car was resrayed all it needed was a quick machine polish..
            I'll give it a few days to cook, but yes. There's PLENTY of clear on it to afford the cut. Maybe a polish would work, but I'm really wanting a mirror here so we'll go for the cut/buff just to make sure.

Yours looks first class though!

Comment

Originally posted by Dangerwillrbnsn View Post
              There's PLENTY of clear on it to afford the cut

Yours looks first class though!

Yep, 3 coats are a shit ton of clear My buddy did 3 coats too when he resprayed his Corrado..it adds the ultra wet look!

Thanks man, had another very talented friend of mine spray it after i did all the annoying prep work in my garage haha!

BTW whats your color called? Havent seen it too often yet..looks super nice.
              slamburglars.com

Comment

Originally posted by G535 View Post
                Yep, 3 coats are a shit ton of clear My buddy did 3 coats too when he resprayed his Corrado..it adds the ultra wet look!

Thanks man, had another very talented friend of mine spray it after i did all the annoying prep work in my garage haha!

BTW whats your color called? Havent seen it too often yet..looks super nice.
                I hope it turns out nice! The color is Avus Blue Metallic. Although there is no actual metallic in it. It's all pearls from what my paint mix guy is saying. Here's a pic of an Avus that shows a pretty accurate color.

Comment

hey is your front bumper oem? if not how does it fit??

Comment

Very sick lovin the color

Comment

Well, I have updates! Got the car sealed completely tonight... it's nice to finally be in one color again. That's the first time in 6 months.

After that, we laid down 3 coats of color, and 3 coats of clear.
                      Color coat 1

Skip ahead to clear coat 1

And skip ahead again to closeups of clear coat 3

The car will sit and bake overnight. Tomorrow if I have some time, I'll install the bumpers and let it sit another day or two. Then it's time to wetsand/cut/buff. For now, it looks AWESOME... but will become a mirror very soon.

Stay tuned friends!

Comment

Wow, top notch work right there! Avusblau is just beautiful
                        slamburglars.com

Comment

that color I <3 It !!

Comment

very sweet e36!!
                            1986 | BMW | 325

LEVINE AUTOMOTIVE

Comment

It's about damn time your car is one color!! Looks amazing! Congrats Shaen!
                              05 Scion xB
                              84 BMW 533i

Comment

Thank you guys! I'll be putting the bumpers on today and taking a few pics.

Ben, half the work here is yours man. I owe you SO much for all your time and help. It's good to have friends like you brother (even if you put a stock suspension back on your e28,you PUSS).
                                Last edited by Dangerwillrbnsn; 02-18-2012, 08:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X