e38 tax refund build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• e38 tax refund build

Well I've never posted here but been lurking for a while now. Figured id share in case it helps some people out. Car is a 99 740i sport in titanium silver with black interior. Planned on leaving it stock for a daily but that idea never lasts long with me.

Here's a couple of pictures of it pretty much stock. Car had front end damage when I got it. The paint didn't match up well so a complete repaint is in the near future.

After coilovers.

last two pics are with fronts adjusted all the way down. All adjusted nuts stacked up on the lower spindle mounting bracket.

I like where this is going, any 7er is baller

Comment

Which coilovers?

Comment

They're nex adjustables. I know they're junk. I didn't want to wait for fk. And didn't have $ left after wheels. If these last me a year til I get kw's ill be happy and they will have served their purpose. Im actually pleased so far. Rides nice n firm but not too hard. More pics coming soon....

Comment

Nex adjustable coilovers...

Stacked up n slammed.

had to grind off the locating tabs on the strut bearings that nex supplied.

Comment

Picked up some work vs-xx 19s off of craigslist. Thought a 4" rear and 3" front lip would be ok with some spacers. Changed my mind n decided to relip em and not run spacers. There's a front lip sitting there waiting...

Test fit with new outer lip. Pulled the wheels apart n beadblasted the centers. I don't like black centers unless its a black car. Going to be painted same as the car, a slightly darker silver.

Comment

Centers done with etching primer

Backsides painted ...

Front sides painted. Done with chromabase and chromaclear. What a pain in the ass. I wish I would have just sent these out to get stripped and powdercoated.

The wheel bolts. 2 on left are cleaned and the right 2 are after hitting em with a polishing wheel n some metal polish. Pics don't really show the difference as much as in person.

Comment

Started to feel a little bummed this point. I thought it was gonna be Yosemite sam madflaps and pepboys chrome fender trim to cover this up.

Comment

I can already see that its gonna be dope! good luck

Comment

First wheel assembled. Damn that's alot of bolts. Still 3 wheels to go
                    Wheel number 2

275/30/19 general exclaim uhp

Comment

i like this

@eraunpetrytoday

Comment

Before rolling and pulling. Pretty much sitting on the tire.

After alot of rolling n pulling. Still rubs. There is a few small holes for what appears to be trim on the fender lip. Well the lip cracked from the top most hole all the way to the edge of the lip. Lost alot of strength and rigidity and made it to where the fender would not stay out right there. Had to weld the crack and grind it smooth to continue pulling.

broke the corner off the bumper using the roller trying to get the pull to be kinda gradual instead of just up top.

Comment

this is a winning combination already. amazing work

Comment

Got the fronts on with 245/35/19 federals 595rs. The front is a 10.5 wide wheel with (I think ) +15 offset and a 10mm spacer to clear coilovers. So 19x10.5 ett

Rear pass side rolled n pulled but not enough. Trying to keep the crease around the fender opening and not flatten it out or flare the lip. Easier said than done.

First test drive and im stuck in the driveway. Too much ricer angle.

Back into the shop to roll and lightly pull the front.

Comment

Ok random picture. Dogs taking a break from wrestling, scrape marks from the bmw and a perfectly fine work lip sitting by the junk batteries. (No it didn't get scrapped)

Finished with the wheels and mostly done pulling the rears. Front is fine. Does t rub at all. Coilovers are about 3/8" from max lowness up front. And rear is about halfway thru its travel. Height is adjusted all the way down and coil has about an inch of play when the car is jacked up and suspension drooped. I wish nex made the rear shock bodies about an inch shorter.

next to my cadillac

Comment

Working...
                              X