No announcement yet.

1972 BMW 2002 Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Subscribed! Also subscribed to your youtube channel. Looking good.

Comment

Nice build! Cool to see a Sasky build on here.

Comment

This is looking to be a great build. Can't wait to see this progress!
        Instagram - Benwalsh91

Comment

This looks awesome! She cleaned up real nice.

Comment

So I did a little bit of putting stuff together. Here is all the parts a rear brake and control arm assembly consists of. And then all nicely together! Looks way easier in pictures! The wheel bearings were not fun too install…

The parts are accumulating…

Here the 02 sits patiently waiting for even more parts. I figured I may as well do some polishing and put some trim on the car. Got a new classic style Bmw badge for the front as well. Looks awesome! Way better than the sticker that was on it before. Crazy how dusty stuff gets though….More to come…

Instagram
            1972 BMW 2002 build thread
            Youtube

Comment

Wow, I love your attention to detail.

This thing is going to be amazing when it is done!

Comment

Brilliant work, my dude! Always wanted to do this with my 02 before it was hit.

Comment

Love the way this build is going, got a soft spot for 2002's. Keep up the good work, Look forward to seeing more.

BMW E36 Touring Sport - http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=76178
                  Instagram: @Vish399

Comment

Hello again,

Thanks guys! I hope its going to be amazing when its done!

Since my suspension order won’t be shipped for some time I decided to tackle the engine. The new heart is an M42. An inline 4, Dual overhead cam, 16 valve engine from a 1991 BMW 318is. Now although Webbers and a Cam can make the same power from the original engine and it would be super cool, I wanted something dependable and something that I could upgrade in the future to make even more power. The engine was looking a little gross and although I am probably not painting the engine bay, the engine itself definitely needed to be painted. So here is the original engine and its home for the last 45 years. Yikes, 45 years! These cars are getting old….

Here is its replacement!

And so begins the tear down.

Painted the block with POR15, turned out alright

Crazy rough casting on the valve cover. All solved by a quick trip to the sander.

Here is some of parts that needed. I just have to sandblast and paint the timing chain covers and oil pan, then pick up my bolts from the platers and throw it all together! I still have lots of work ahead!

Instagram
                    Youtube

Comment

That is so sweet man. Great restoration. I see that in one photo there is an Alberta plate on a bike? Are you in Sask or Alberta?

Comment

Originally posted by myron View Post
                        That is so sweet man. Great restoration. I see that in one photo there is an Alberta plate on a bike? Are you in Sask or Alberta?
                        I am actually in Alberta. The car was driven from Saskatchewan in the late 90's and then was parked in Calgary.
                        Instagram
                        Youtube

Comment

This is great, but now I feel like I have neglected my 2002's.

Comment

Here is the latest instalment of my 2002 project! Hope you guys enjoy.

Instagram
                            Youtube

Comment

Hello again,

Recently knocked a big to-do off the list! Get the rear end together and the car back on all four. Check. I had most of the parts ready so when some much needed parts arrived in the mail, I could have that goal reached in no time. The plan is to go on relatively long drives so its not going to be super low, with that being said I wanted a more aggressive stance than the stock ”4x4” look. I went with Ireland Engineering stage 1 springs. They drop the car about an 1.5”. The final pictures show the height. Hopefully it settles a bit when there is more weight in the back however it won’t be too far off. As for the rest of the rear end. E21 3.91 Limited slip differential, Ireland engineering 22mm sway bar, E21 Rear brake drums, Bilstein Sport shocks, and new stiffer bushings! Should handle a treat! Here is some pictures of the assembly process. More to come...

Last edited by mini67; 01-23-2017, 06:35 PM.
                              Instagram
                              Youtube

Comment

Super mint. Had to follow on the gram as well for sure.

Comment

Working...
                                X