X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hmm maybe i can go lowwer lol

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.AK View Post
      Question: Using a fender roller - can I roll out some very slight dents I made in the fender while hammering down the fender lip? I had my rear fenders done by a shop but it wasnt enough, so to stop the wheel rubbing I used a rubber mallet and a block of iron to flatten the fender edge. Passenger's side came out perfect, driver's side has 3 small dents on the top of the arch. If I use a fender roller to further roll teh fenders, is there any chance that I can roll these flat again?

And for understanding purpose:
      Basically all you do is heat the paint and gently apply pressure with the fender roller and do a few rolls over the arch to get an even result?
      Its a little difficult to say for sure without seeing the arch, but honestly, i'm going to say its going to very difficult to remove the dents completely, The main problem is that on most cars the rear is double skinned, so you'll have to indent the inner skin to get to the dent on the outer. I've done it a couple of times with a body hammer, but the roller is likely to make things worse.

Basically, you're right, the heat will soften the paint to try to prevent cracking. its best to make a lot of passes and work very slowly and carefully. you have to adjust the hieght and angle of the roller a lot while you're working too.

Originally posted by Hillbilly View Post
      Glad to see you put a mustang up... can a person pull fenders on a mustang? my 295/50-15s w/ -13 offset 15x8s rub -particularly bad on the driver side! (yes it is redneck status. I love the stance movement, but don't know how it can work on a 95 gt)
      I did a terrible job of rolling them myself, but they look about as thin as the pix you showed of that black 99-04. So, for me to get more clearance it seems like pulling would be my only option other than raising the car back up some (really don't want to do that!).
      Sure you can pull fenders on Mustangs, i've done pretty much all of them from 66 to a brand new 2010. the newer post Fox body cars have flat edges on the fenders, you gotta be careful and not pull them too far, otherwise they wrinkle on the lower edge.
      I'd try going done to something like a 265/50 and drop it some more

Originally posted by CSBolger View Post
      How much, and do you trim fenders?
      Been seeing your car a lot lately dude, Bimmerfest, Hellaflush... looks killer.
      I can trim/shave fenders no problem, but the e28s can be pulled pretty good too.
      Again, dont really want this thread to turn into an ad, but hit me up on the PM.

Originally posted by polo12345 View Post
      and pics of you rolling an e36 rear fender?
      I know i have some E36 pics somewhere, biggest issue on most older BMW cars is cleaning the underseal crap out of the rears before you start, i've done loads of them though. you can pull those suckers a long way.

Originally posted by Stolzy View Post
      ever done a 1972 Toyota Carina haha? doubt it but if your down in the fall sometime I'm down to let you !!
      I've done an old Carina, not sure of the year though, just make sure there's no bondo in it.

Originally posted by Alex@Pure-Euro.com View Post
      It seems that simple, but its definitely not. After watching Tony roll my fenders, it's not as easy as bolting the roller on the car and just rolling the fenders. As you get closer to the back of the car or closer to the front of the car, you have to adjust the angle of the roller. There is such a great amount of pressure being applied from the roller, that you'll end up pushing out the front and back of the fender, and the center part MIGHT be ok/rolled or probably pushed inward a bit from the outer portions of the fender being pushed outward. Even though Tony does it really quickly and makes it look so damn easy, its definitely an easy way to fuck up your fenders.
      Thanks Alex, give me another call when you're free, i'll come over and work those fronts out some more.
      Yeah, i'm that guy you've heard about that rolls and pulls fenders in SoCal , hit me up .

Comment

Originally posted by Tonys18t View Post
        Thanks Alex, give me another call when you're free, i'll come over and work those fronts out some more.
        Thanks Tony!

For anyone in the Los Angeles area looking for a great fender roller, hit Tony up. Great price and awesome guy.

Comment

Originally posted by 610EURO View Post
          roofing hammer and a right arm is all you need

...you better add life insurance to that list if you're rolling using that stock factory jack
          Yeah, i'm that guy you've heard about that rolls and pulls fenders in SoCal , hit me up .

Comment

...you better add life insurance to that list if you're rolling using that stock factory jack
            the picture was taken to show that my car could never be lowered with a factory jack as it gets stuck even at its lowest setting. thats what the picture was originally for. it just so happens to be one of the very few pics i have of that car left after my computer crashed. you can also notice the horrible cell phone camera and only half the car painted

Comment

Tony is the man

Comment

ever do a 99-07 silverado?

Comment

Hmmm. I need some new wheels then i want my fenders pulled. Debating if i wanna pay u, or use my bat? Hahahaha. ur work looks dope, saw ur car at HF. haha. its deff time for more a agressive stance

Comment

Originally posted by rickyislazy View Post
                    Tony is the man

only rolled those fenders today, looking good Ricky

...those are my old rims too

Originally posted by on1wheel06 View Post
                    ever do a 99-07 silverado?
                    I've done a Suburban, Its an old skool hammer and dolly job,

Comment

To true, Hellaflush this year kinda made me think of it, so many people have screwed up their fenders, i was genuinely shocked to see some of the hack jobs out there.
                      Dude, tell me about it, so many effed up fenders at HF this year. The whole time i wa think WHO THE HELL DID THIS haha.

People need to stop "trying" to roll their own fenders when they have no idea what they are doing. Nothing worse than seeing a car with nice wheels and stance but the fender looks like some one put in in a meat grinder -___- fail.
                      Shyne~Fitment Done Right---Your #1 socal fender roller

Comment

Damn man, nice work. Wish I had someone like you out here in Northern NJ.

stanceNeon | halcyonphoto.net

Comment

what part of socal are you in?

Comment

Originally posted by on1wheel06 View Post
                            what part of socal are you in?
                            Wonderful towntown Granada Hills, 91344

Comment

Ever roll a Lincoln LS, any year?

Fronts a breeze but the rear friggin sucks!

You got a few inches of fender to roll but it needs to be notched in the door jam or it wont roll the last few mm's next to the door jam.

Comment

Originally posted by Lux View Post
                                Ever roll a Lincoln LS, any year?

Fronts a breeze but the rear friggin sucks!

You got a few inches of fender to roll but it needs to be notched in the door jam or it wont roll the last few mm's next to the door jam.
                                Hmm, you know i havent done a LS yet, done a towncar though a few years ago.
                                Shaving the fender normally works with big sedans like that, the older Mercs are like that, either shave the whole fender lip, or just the area near the door.

Comment

Working...
                                X