Honda Ruckus dropped and swapped

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honda Ruckus dropped and swapped

Been thinking of making a small build thread here since I'm finally getting around to the "stance" on the Ruck. Bought her stock sometime in february i believe. 2011 with 2800 miles for $1500

Rode it around like that for a few weeks before i got kinda bored and ordered a few parts for it.

atr frame extension
    pw:jdm handlebars
    ncy gas tank cover
    DORF seat frame
    led turtlehead tail light
    Dingleberry plate mount

Once again rode it around like that for a little bit and decided to step up my game a little bit and order an NCY front end kit since a vendor on TotalRuckus was having a good sale. This included front wheel, caliper, rotor, forks, master cylinder and i got a ncy throttle to further clean up the bars. Also deleted my speedo and the rear brake

Ok now heres when the good stuff starts happening. The stock motor could hardly get out of its own way so i said fuck it and started piecing together a gy6 150cc swap.
    Gy6 motor
    mojo weld on mount
    mojo bolt on shock mount
    stock gy6 13" rear wheel
    Maxx power harness
    composimo angled carb clocking flange
    uni filter intake
    custom exhaust from a TR member
    Mikuni fuel pump
    11 pole stator
    Maxx power adjustable cdi
    thats about it that i remember, lots of little stuff. Heres a few pics from mocking up and of the exhaust and what not.

After a few days/nights of wrenching, grinding, wiring, soldering, etc. and i got her running :P

Obviously i wouldn't be putting this on stance works if it ended here. So we shall continue...

First the front tire looked terrible, so i ordered a new, smaller 100/90/10 to replace the 120/90/10, and also replaced the super high ncy forks that i already cut the springs in with these rrgs low down forks that are super low, and can go even lower if i cut a few springs in these.

Then i was out one day cruising around and she died on me. FML right? Well it worked out okay because it worked out that i just got this mounted the night before

140/70/12 on a 12x8, it was fun getting that bead to seat

While i was working on the ruck to try to figure out why she died i decided to test fit the wheel

Nice and all, but when you put a wide wheel on a ruckus you have to shift the motor to the left so that the wheel is centered with the frame. In my case this required modding the weld on motor mount and also making a new shock mount which i had welded to the frame instead of the bolt on style i previously had. I dropped it off at BradFab industries to let the crew work their magic and and got it back a few days later. the wheel is now centered in the frame, and the shock mount is now welded to the frame and has the shock sitting at a more upright angle which seemed to have stiffen it up a little bit (which it needed badly). I figured it throw some paint on it so she's all one color until i decide to strip her down again and have it professionally painted. Heres how it sat after that. Quite the difference huh?

Looking good, looking good. Stance is getting there but still needs some improvement. And that front NCY wheel is cool and all but it doesn't quite match the rear. So, back to TotalRuckus for some research and found a nice front wheel set up that wouldn't break the bank. Here is that wheel.

and the adapter i need to run it. All together it was about 225 shipped which i thought was well worth it

Stuck with a 10" because i kinda like the staggered look. I never really think 12" fronts look as good as 10s. Also, ordered a new tire. Smaller once again with a 90/90/10

And one more thing that I'm currently working on is a little wire tuck. Ive wire tucked my old 04 GLI before so i figured this wouldn't be too bad. So far it hasn't been a nightmare or anything but its tough fitting all the wire through the frames at some points. Its coming along though, it should be all finished up tonight actually.

updates to follow
    Last edited by no vtec 4me; 05-15-2012, 01:54 PM.

In love. Subbed.
    sigpic

Comment

Hahahahaha you made a thread nice.

Trying to seat that bead was probably one of the sweetest nights, Mike probably not being able to have children in his life was worth it
      I dislike Byron.

Comment

I would so have one of these if they wasn't sooo expense

W I L D M A N 'S R O D S H O P

R.I.P P.WALKER 2013/11/30

Comment

Honda should sell them like this!

Comment

Looks 'safe' - Are you a CF member as well?

"Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"

Comment

Originally posted by 121scale View Post
              In love. Subbed.
              Thanks <3

Originally posted by got splits? View Post
              Hahahahaha you made a thread nice.

Trying to seat that bead was probably one of the sweetest nights, Mike probably not being able to have children in his life was worth it
              yea figured it was a good time since i finally got the fatty one :P

Originally posted by 244Brick View Post
              I would so have one of these if they wasn't sooo expense
              They're only expensive if you're an idiot like me and don't know when to stop spending

Originally posted by BigBody View Post
              Honda should sell them like this!
              Tell me about it :/

Originally posted by TeckniX View Post
              Looks 'safe' - Are you a CF member as well?
              Safe is definitely not the word. And since i don't know what CF is I'm gonna go ahead and say no haha

Comment

Awesome.
                "I know I'm not Stance|Works material. I'm just a fan. " - Stretchd8

"Jesus must love me " - FittedDownLow

Comment

Ballin. Id love to own that thing.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Definitely getting some idears for my ruck. Looks nice so far.
                    94 Saturn SW2 - T3s60 7psi, slammed, daily driven
                    94 Saturn SC2 - T3/T4, 13.4 @107 mph, built motor coming soon
                    --MegaSquirt user--

Comment

god damnit.cant wait to see it finished

Comment

See avatar for reaction to this thread.
                        Originally posted by anth
                        Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

love this ruck! not what i expected to see on stanceworks but im glad its here

Comment

Are you going to use/make any body work for this baby? looks really aggressive! me likey

Comment

Oh snap got it on Stanceworks. lol

I kinda helped a little

Comment

Working...
                              X