No announcement yet.

e30 build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You really can't find someone to find 5,000 for it?! That's nuts, I paid 4,500 for mine and then had to put in nearly 2,000 just to get it to run good and work on a daily basis. That doesn't even include all the issues it has with dents, scratches, crappy paint, and a little bit of rust. I guess the only put off is that it's a G60, people see that and automatically think the car is going to blow up when they get it home. All they really need is a little bit of love and attention. Anyway, goodluck selling it, surely someone out there will realize what a steal it is
    Have fun with the E30, looking forward to all the progress.
    ///M 2.0
    G60 POWAR... never forget

Comment

Originally posted by Jersh View Post
      You really can't find someone to find 5,000 for it?! That's nuts, I paid 4,500 for mine and then had to put in nearly 2,000 just to get it to run good and work on a daily basis. That doesn't even include all the issues it has with dents, scratches, crappy paint, and a little bit of rust. I guess the only put off is that it's a G60, people see that and automatically think the car is going to blow up when they get it home. All they really need is a little bit of love and attention. Anyway, goodluck selling it, surely someone out there will realize what a steal it is
      Have fun with the E30, looking forward to all the progress.
      I know it really is rediculous, the motor is great too, I got it with the timing belt broken and rebuilt the head and put a new belt on it, replaced all of the ignition components and fuel filter and what not.

I'm stoked to be back in an e30, hopefully have a bunch done by mid week.

Comment

So a little bit of an update:

Got the donor car back to the shop last night, and during the day yesterday I got the interior out, pedal set out, shifter out, and a whole bunch more unneeded stuff out of the way.

I'm going to pull the tranny itself after I unbolt the torque converter then I can pull everything from the donor car that I want and scrap it, after that its time to start reassembling my car with the 5 speed parts. Going to leave the interior bare for now as I don`t have time to mess around with putting a carpet and what not in, I can worry about that next weekend or something.

I`ll make sure to snap some pictures of where i`m at before I get myself to dirty today and post em up.

Comment

So I guess im not really good at this build thread thing, they tend to always fail on me.

But here's an update anyways,

So last week I parted out the 86 325e I bought, installed all the 5 speed parts into my e30, put the wheels on and started driving it again on the thursday night I finished it. By saturday i couldn't stand it not being low enough so I cut a coil up front and did a coolant flush while I was at it.

This past week I cut another half coil up front, installed a clean oem black carpet, reinstalled the rest of the interior and will be putting in a black headliner tomorrow. After that is getting rid of the seam sealer in the rear arches and doing a nice roll back there. Then I'll drop the back a bit and cut another half coil up front. The shift linkage rebuild parts came so I will do that on tuesday at work, so I don't have to lay on my back to do it.

Sunday I'm going to detail the car so sometime next week I can do a shoot. I suppose at some point I should weld a muffler on it too.

Comment

Failing at updating, but a picture of the beater as it sits

Comment

Nice e30! I like the combo with the wheels
              VW Golf V 1.9 TDI 2005

Comment

You still drive on dutch "temporary" licence...????

normaly its yellow plates...

Currenty owned cars:
                VW passat 3b 1997 daily on 19 inches
                BMW E30 M3 S50B30 waiting for summer 2011

Comment

Originally posted by DutchM3S50 View Post
                  You still drive on dutch "temporary" licence...????

normaly its yellow plates...
                  I live in Canada

The plate you see is a trailer plate matching one of my uncle's cars from holland. They wouldn't sell me an actual yellow plate because they thought I would steal cars with it :P

Comment

i still have several "dutch"plates.. from old cars...

Currenty owned cars:

Comment

i still have several "dutch"plates.. from old cars...
                      I'm going to grab some yellow ones next time I go over from some family members, but I think I like the white better as it doesn't stand out as much to the police as a yellow one would. I got a ticket for the first time for it on sunday though

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchy View Post
                        I'm going to grab some yellow ones next time I go over from some family members, but I think I like the white better as it doesn't stand out as much to the police as a yellow one would. I got a ticket for the first time for it on sunday though
                        Where is your family from i mean where are they living in NL?

Do you have to drive 2 plates in canada also just like in NL?

Ow iforgot to mention... like the corrado.. (will be my next dailydriven car after the MK2 diesel)

Currenty owned cars:

Comment

Where is your family from i mean where are they living in NL?

Do you have to drive 2 plates in canada also just like in NL?

Ow iforgot to mention... like the corrado.. (will be my next dailydriven car after the MK2 diesel)
                          I have family all over, but mostly near Eindhoven in the surrounding smaller towns.

Yes we are supposed to have both front and rear plates, but I have only gotten one ticket it for it so far, so it's not to bad.

Thanks, in the process of selling it, hopefully that happens soon so I can buy some coilovers for this car.

Comment

Well a pitty that sending a car is so expensive... AND i have tooo much cars.. otherwise the corrado will be more than welcome on my driveway!

I live about 100 km from eindhoven.

Currenty owned cars:

Comment

Well a pitty that sending a car is so expensive... AND i have tooo much cars.. otherwise the corrado will be more than welcome on my driveway!

I live about 100 km from eindhoven.
                              Right on, where abouts is that? Like I said most of my family is from around Eindhoven, but I have some family that lives in Amsterdam, and Kerikdriel (spelling).

Comment

its in the middle of NL towards the east.. amsterdamn is about 100kms from me

Currenty owned cars:

Comment

Working...
                                X