Top Speed Governor Removal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HWY HNTR View Post
    Conski, you have a M104 or M103? M104 right? It might be just cause your car is older, that it revs higher. I'm pretty sure we either have different rear diffs (ratios) or it has to do with the egine, idk. But, we used to have a 1990 300E, with the M103 and it had a terrible top end, no joke, it was terrible at cruising on the highway.
    Yea i have the M104 (3.0 24 valve). It has great top end, starts to really pick up at about 2500-3000 rpm's and pulls all the way to 6500-7000 with ease. The cams make this cool whining sound almost like a little supercharger lol. But i know what you are talking about with the M103, my sister has an '89 300E. The difference between my car and hers is like night and day. And I am sure we have a lot of different drivetrain parts because of yours being graced with the lovely 3.6, but even your stock parts that went with your 3.2.
    1990 Mercedes 300CE- 24 valve

Comment

If your car is an auto, something you might want to try.

Shift thru the gears manually. On some cars it will allow you to bypass the governor. Can't say it works for all cars, but you never know.
      The other Jaguar

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Star View Post
        If your car is an auto, something you might want to try.

Shift thru the gears manually. On some cars it will allow you to bypass the governor. Can't say it works for all cars, but you never know.
        lol, I do this all the time, no effect

Conski, you don't happen to know your rear diff ration would you? Mine is either a 2.56 or 2.65, I had actually taken it out with the intentions of putting a diff from a c43 in there (still have it) but I decided I like the hwy better than off the line...plus I thought it was a lsd, but it's not
        Instagram: danimal._
        Mercedes Build Thread
        Falcon Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by HWY HNTR View Post
          lol, I do this all the time, no effect

Conski, you don't happen to know your rear diff ration would you? Mine is either a 2.56 or 2.65, I had actually taken it out with the intentions of putting a diff from a c43 in there (still have it) but I decided I like the hwy better than off the line...plus I thought it was a lsd, but it's not
          My differential has a ratio of 3.27, it switched over starting in '91 to a 3.06, but I don't have the first gear start like you do which sucks. What is the ratio for the c43 diff, is it lower than your current one?
          1990 Mercedes 300CE- 24 valve

Comment

Originally posted by benz88 View Post
            swap in an LS1. problem solved.
            This...

I honestly dont understand why you would drive fast enough to remove it from a car unless the car is meant to be raced. How often do you want to drive over 130mph...? ESPECIALLY if the car is stanced. Ive had some pretty fast cars in my past and have gone 140 once, and realized it was pointless and dangerous.

Comment

anyone who can burn you a eeprom can do this...

have them write you a few extra horses while they're at it
              E36 M3ti TURBO | E46 328i DAILY | E60 535d M-TECH | DODGE RAM - CUMMINS TWIN TURBO

Comment

on the other hand i thought the vmax governor was set to 155mph for every DTM car there is ?

except Porsches wich are limitless
                Last edited by Angelic0-; 08-17-2011, 11:40 AM.
                E36 M3ti TURBO | E46 328i DAILY | E60 535d M-TECH | DODGE RAM - CUMMINS TWIN TURBO

Comment

I also don't understand why you need to remove the speed limited on a stanced car. Please enlighten us.
                  StatusRacing.com
                  Configure YOUR Seat Here
                  Tel: 1.480.265.8600
                  Email: sales@statusracing.com
                  Fan us on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by Angelic0- View Post
                    on the other hand i thought the vmax governor was set to 155mph for every DTM car there is ?

except Porsches wich are limitless
                    the AMG mercedes are limited to 155, mines limited to 130. My car has an AMG engine in it but I'm using the ecu out of the 3.2. I think I did a full write on my build thread.

Originally posted by StatusRacing View Post
                    I also don't understand why you need to remove the speed limited on a stanced car. Please enlighten us.
                    Back when the mercedes was working I did rallies with it. So when I was on highways I always found it VERY annoying to hit my limiter. Yeah there was no point in it. But if you see no point in speeding then they should just put limiters for 80mph. I like speeding sorta. My car was low, but I was never worried about anything getting damaged, and it handled pretty good. Aside from some of the highways far up north and to the west, the southern highways are smooth as glass.
                    Instagram: danimal._
                    Mercedes Build Thread
                    Falcon Build Thread

Comment

Working...
                    X