Another old VW but i want a build thread somewhere

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another old VW but i want a build thread somewhere

Ive attempted to keep a build thread on vortex, other forums. but never was at a point where i had the money, skill and ready to take my car to the next level enough to keep others attention. but in the end its just another old VW so who really cares.

I'm going to start by whoring out my old rabbit. cause i miss the thing.

but that shit is gone

so i got this 90 GLI

did a bunch of stupid shit to it. AKA to many stickers
    ]

but it was my daily and i loved it

h20i 2010

sweet pic with some chick

but as any daily over time things ware out start looking like shit, and being decently low. things just start looking like shit.

so after getting a better job and saving up some money i picked up a sweet mk4 as a daily.
    honestly i **** mk4's. but after having one i don't really give a fuck about i have learned to love mine.

and with having a daily the mk2 went into the garage

where i spent my time to clean it up as much as possible

then MK1 madness this past year

Then spent all my time and money to replace all the wheels bearings, tie rod inners and outers breaks, every single bushing on the car, and god tons of other stuff

thats maybe half the stuff I'm not good at taking actual progress pics.

but in the end all this work ended with my car looking (at least to me fresh as fuck) at H20i this year.

but after h20i I've come to the cold hard realization that even though my car is clean, good looking, decent stance. its just another mk2 VW. its nothing special. and although i have hours of work into the car..... there is no real work into the car.

so i picked up a new wheels

and after a test fit i know this is going to take more then a different size tires to get them to fit how i want them to.

so my plans include beefing up my pinch welds with angle iron, plating my frame rails. notching both sides of my frame and raising my strut towers, O2A trans swap, motor lift, subframe beefed up, and some other things. maybe a diesel swap. and who knows what else. need to see where it all ends up. but thanks for caring to read.
    Last edited by Minty_Fresh; 06-17-2012, 05:59 AM.
    doing it for the internet and the scene kids.

Wheels sit nicely, but i assume they rub like a bitch right? Are these 215/40s on a 9x16 or 8,5? Try some 215/35s or 195/40s, add a set of camber shims and call it a day!?
    slamburglars.com

Comment

love where this is going, keep up the good work
      Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

such a mint GLi.

show some pics of the interior and engine bay

Instagram: dankasrz_s666

Comment

this is going to be awesome! already looks really clean in the current form, but with the RFs and chassis mods, it'll definitely be next level!
          025garage

Comment

Love the GLI and Mk 1
            Originally posted by Jesus Christ
            the VW community is weird. dont try to understand, its like understanding africa.
            Instagram: bigslowchevy

Comment

yea the interior looks a little cluttered but i o well. its cleaned up real good at shows at least lol.

no engine bay pics never noticed that. ill have to get some.

Comment

mk2 interiors are just so cramped with recaros but theyre just nice seats you gotta do it. love calypso jettas cant wait to see it.

the RAs look so good on this car.

Comment

I absolutely love this, I don't know why. I'm subscribed to see what you do
                  ClubSandwichMember

Comment

OMG man i had a 90 small bumpered jetta carat back in the day 16v swapped calypso green man i loved it more than anything i had it the same way slammed small red stripe bumpers bbs ra's deep chin spoiler recaros and so on man i love your car dude keep up the work

Comment

Umm, why does the MK4 have a jdm sticker on it lol?

Comment

love where this is going, keep up the good work

Comment

coooool, love the ex/ and interior
                          now take it home and f*** with it- deftones

Comment

Did you do a barrel roll with the mk1, what happend to it?

Comment

long story short. 7 am the day of 2 college finals a pot head fuck up kid i knew from high school rear ended my rabbit wile it was parked in front of my house.

Comment

Working...
                              X