• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Marsss View Post
    QFT

this is getting very interesting
    For sure, that quote is true.

However, besides all the fun little stuff I've bought for the car so far, I've only spent $2400 on it so far. That's including the bill to do all the vacuum lines, test/piece together the wiper assembly, clean injectors, and R/I the entire fuel distributor/warm up regulator assembly. Plus 8 months of shop storage so far. lol
    4 Cars, 0 Cupholders

Comment

i like where this is going, interior should be easy to fix up, theres a ton of w126's laying around for pickin.

That AMG steering wheel is tits man.

Comment

Originally posted by hi its me alec View Post
        For sure, that quote is true.

However, besides all the fun little stuff I've bought for the car so far, I've only spent $2400 on it so far. That's including the bill to do all the vacuum lines, test/piece together the wiper assembly, clean injectors, and R/I the entire fuel distributor/warm up regulator assembly. Plus 8 months of shop storage so far. lol

"theres nothing cheaper than buying a dope benz"

that should be the new quote.

Comment

Well, great news, the car made it into the shop today (and will likely stay there for a bit.) I finally vacuumed it out and shampooed the carpets. Also put the center console back together and made some cluster removal tools. Coat hanger worked great.

Now I'm almost done removing the last dash wood piece, which unfortunately was wood glued in everywhere. Might need a new dash if I can't remove all dat glue.
          4 Cars, 0 Cupholders

Comment

Well, I put my man pants on and chiseled the hell out of the dashboard with a tiny flathead screw driver and a razor blade. Worked out great! All I had to do was soak the wood glue in glass cleaner and take a razor blade right to the center of each "crustacean." After that, you kinda 'flick' it up and a nice chunk of wood glue came up every time. Once I was done with the razor blade, I moved to the corner of the flathead to get any excess glue off. It wasn't super sharp like the razor blade, but was still strong enough to do the job. Now I just need to take steel wool to the rest of the dash to make the color match.

Forgot my DSLR, d'oh

Wiped down the outside and waxed it again. Looks really pretty when it's not completely full of dust

Not done cleaning the interior, but I did go over it pretty good

Letting the wood glue soak in glass cleaner, one big glob by the ignition tumbler and another by the headlight switch. It was easy to chisel it off all the plastic by the vents, the leather was the worst...

So, hopefully my steering wheel and front bumper can go on soon. I decided I should probably do both at the same time. It'll be in 'project mode' until then. I think a good clean and new dash wood made a galaxy of difference though, it appears to be a very nice car now.
            4 Cars, 0 Cupholders

Comment

"crustacean."
              "crustacean."
              "crustacean."
              "crustacean."
              "crustacean."

Looks much better with the new wood pieces. I think the leather would look great in black, if you decide to dye it. It would also make all of the spots go away. Make this thing mad tyte JDM vip and call yourself Kumicho "Hi it's me" Alec.

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
              @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

Today I got there with all my buffing supplies, trying to do the top of the car (hood, roof top of trunk) because they all need to be buffed BADLY. But unfortunately it was already outside again

But oh well, I just waxed the sides again, and touched up a few chips here and there. Next week I'll just bring a damn extension cord and do the buffing outside. I won't be defeated, hehe

I also put in a windshield sun reflector, and decided to take the front and rear plates off for now, just because I can. I'm going to work on customizing the plates and some license plate frames to make it all look a little more euro. The US plate really bothers me on this car.
                4 Cars, 0 Cupholders

Comment

Gawsh this thing will be Baller! Some 18 Monoblocks, HR suspension Ughhh sooo FINE SON!!!

Comment

Anyone have any ideas to straighten out the ding in the chrome trim on the driver rear door? It's kinda cheap material, but it should be doable. I was thinking about having my dent guy look at it, maybe he can use the 'glue and pull' method to make it pop out a little.

4 Cars, 0 Cupholders

Comment

When it's off of the car, tap the backside with the butt end of a small screwdriver(the end has to be round). Tap it extremely lightly, because chrome is super brittle, and the metal under it is usually warped more than it seems.

Do it at your own risk.

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
                      @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

Another small but fun update

Starting with the bad part - this crazy damage to my AMG spoiler. Obviously I bought the car like this, but I still can't figure out how this would have happened. Poor thing. Worst case scenario, I'll lay a bunch of fiberglass over it and build the whole thing up. It's perfectly straight besides the bump and mega waves

Then we have the beautiful paint on the gas door. LOL. Giving this to the my buddy to spray with the front bumper.

And then we have.... my mini plates! Ta-daaaaa!!

I spent about 30 mins with a cut off wheel and sharpie, measuring and taping and cutting the tops of the plates to a 'suitable' size. Then I decided to cut a frame down and see how that looks. I used one that was a little big, but you get the idea. At least now the license plate doesn't extend below the tail lights and make the back of the car look weird

(imagine this with a fresh euro bumper, not the current one lol

4 Cars, 0 Cupholders

Comment

Some more progress after work today, got to spend a full 2 hours buffing out the hood/roof/trunk. Hood and roof look great, trunk is passable for now. I've been wanting to take a buffer to this thing since day 1 but a good opportunity hasn't really presented itself yet. I only did 1 stage out of 3 stages, wool pad with compound, so it will be a lot shinier when I finish!

Trunk reflection before/after

Roof reflection before/after

Hood reflection before

Hood reflection during

Hood reflection after - as the sun was setting
                          4 Cars, 0 Cupholders

Comment

Coming alomg nicely!

Comment

Is the wing something you're in love with? cause i reckon (personal opinion here) the car would look better without it

http://www.mvip.com.au
                              clicky^

Comment

Yeah I'm really dead set on the wing. I do like the clean/sleek look, but once the car is lowered with some fat tires and exhaust, it will be begging for the wing IMO
                                4 Cars, 0 Cupholders

Comment

Working...
                                X