Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

W124 suspension - can't find what i need...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• W124 suspension - can't find what i need...

Hello there everyone, i'm looking for some coilovers or just really shorts springs + proper shocks, but for now - just nothing. Now i'm wondering how it's possible the fact that nobody makes coilovers for that old Benz. I can find only suspension kits (springs + shocks) but the lower springs for W124 are 40-50mm. So i want some suggestions, is there any option to take some coilovers from other model of the Benz series or from some other make? Please help i want some massive drop...

flickr

Its difficult to lower a W124.. its not coil over.. due to the double wishbone and loose schocker

I think its good to measure the dimensions of the coil..look from several other cars iff you can use springs. and measure the length of the schockabsorber. than go for a look what will fit..

I know KONI has several lowered schockabsorbers max 4cm shortened thats for BMW e30

In the worst case you can cut the schokabsorber pin and tap new wire on it..

its not easy like VW or BMW

Where are you from...

Currenty owned cars:
    VW passat 3b 1997 daily on 19 inches
    BMW E30 M3 S50B30 waiting for summer 2011

Comment

I'm from Bulgaria and that makes everything more difficult. After all i can just take some stiffer(shorter) shocks and maybe home made adjustable springs...

flickr

Comment

How are the roads in bulgaria... my girl is from Riga latvia. the roads are bad there..
        But oke LOW IS A LIFESTYLE!!

Maybe you can take the springs -6cm and cut it... Eventually take the coil adjusters to put under the springs to make it adjustable.

Currenty owned cars:
        VW passat 3b 1997 daily on 19 inches
        BMW E30 M3 S50B30 waiting for summer 2011

Comment

Cut the springs, thats the easiest.
          No prob to get a 124 really low with cutted springs.
          If you don't want to cut at all; W210 lowering springs fits, and gets it a bit lower than 124 lowering springs

This is a S124 with cutted W210 springs ( original 40/40mm)

Comment

Now i'm with cutted avantgarde springs with two coils, and still can't get low enough, and if i want to cut more, i'll have to change the shocks. However, thanks about the W210 advice...

flickr

Comment

i'm having the same problem with my w126

Comment

Originally posted by *96tegls* View Post
                i'm having the same problem with my w126
                Well that sucks pretty well...
                I make decision - i'll take shorter shocks and maybe some springs or i'll try to cut mine more, because they're sportline and really stiff. For now - static drop.

flickr

Comment

how many coils have you cut off so far ?

i have a 300 SDL and the diesels are super heavy !

Comment

Originally posted by *96tegls* View Post
                    how many coils have you cut off so far ?

i have a 300 SDL and the diesels are super heavy !
                    for now - 2 coils, i think next step will be 1/2 coil or maybe 1 coil, but it depends on that how short will be the shocks, because now with 2 coils cut + sportline shocks, the rear springs can't stay static when the car is lifted if you can understand what i mean...

flickr

Comment

not directly on point, but I did cut springs on my w123 240d

not really a whole lot of options for the benz spring setup. my best advice would be find some shorter shocks to compensate for the drop.

but other than that, not much help at all I am afraid
                      -Dictated but not read to expedite report.

Comment

Try W201 1.8, 2.0, 2.3, or 2.3-16 lowering springs. Also, I recommend Bilstein Sports to compensate for the drop. You'll be very surprised at how good the car rides.

Comment

Isved that cool! That good contribution to your tip, I am precisely the same situation I've always wanted a W124, but I was discouraged by the fact that there are no options to give ground.

Comment

well i think that actually we have a solution, thanks to everyone and any other ideas/suggestions are welcome...

flickr

Comment

Originally posted by isved View Post
                              Try W201 1.8, 2.0, 2.3, or 2.3-16 lowering springs. Also, I recommend Bilstein Sports to compensate for the drop. You'll be very surprised at how good the car rides.
                              They don't make a Sport or HD shock for w126 diesels

Comment

Working...
                              X