Golf Mk3 herp derp thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golf Mk3 herp derp thread

Alrightio, starting a build thread here mainly for my Golf but some BMW might show up. The reasoning behind this thread is to simply get feedback and keeping my motivation up.

So, it's a '97 Golf Mk3 GTI 16v and now that we've got that established, here's what the car used to look like:

This was shortly after buying it and just after putting the coilovers on.

Now for some progress shots:

Engine bay (early shot, no longer using the red ignition cables):

Interior (also early but mostly the same):

How i rolled for most of the summer:

Then came the Vento front (shitty cellphone pic):

And lastly a quick photoshop to show the direction I'm taking it(will not be using these wheels, just trying the color):

However It doesn't show a few things I'm planning:
    17x8" OZ Futura with adapters since theyre 5x112 and I don't feel like redrilling, right now thinking bmw mojave brown centers, polished lips and gold screws (already got those btw)
    Rolling fenders ofcourse
    Possibly shaving read wiper and VW emblem
    I'm also planning on doing some general freshening up of both exterior and interior

I probably forgot a whole bunch of things, oh well.

General feedback and suggestions on wheel color is very welcome.
    Last edited by Pierate; 04-18-2013, 10:38 AM.

great progress
    Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

Thank you for getting rid of those horrible headlights
      Flickr

Projects :

1984 W123 300D (Sold)

1999 C43 AMG (no thread..yet)

Comment

Nice mk3 man!

Vento front is always a win haha and I really like the color of your new wheels.

Keep up the good work

Comment

Updating this as I have nothing better to do.

First, photoshop (as in, they look kinda shit right now) of what I'm planning on rolling on:

Lips will be polished and centers painted, probably BMW mojave brown (not sure how accurate my shoop is), painting will be done by professionals ofcourse.
          Polishing will likely take lightyears since I'm planning on doing it myself.

Next, I'll have you know that the car is now in the garage awaiting something to happen.
          Got some new shiny license plates, will hopefully get my hands on a fender roller soon, gonna do some work on the hood since it's got the orange peel thing going right now.
          Trying to figure out what to do about the rear wiper and VW emblem, probably just gonna get a new, nice looking wiper and paint the emblem in some color.
          I'm probably forgetting something here, but hopefully some updates and new pictures will come soon.

Oh, also got a new (used) mtech 1 steering wheel for my E30 so hopefully I won't accidently use the horn from now on.

Derp.
          Last edited by Pierate; 04-18-2013, 09:59 AM.

Comment

Updating this thread with an actual update!

There you have it.

So as you can see I wetsanded the hood, It looks pretty shit but it feels smooth.
            So next up is filling stuff in because (tiny white dots and whatnot), more clear coat and then some praying that it turns out alright.

I've also decided on most stuff I'll be doing, including not running futuras.

Next update should hopefully come after the weekend (if there is one, who knows).
            Last edited by Pierate; 04-18-2013, 10:40 AM.

Comment

Rusty bonnet?

Comment

Nah, it's going to be black, just had to get rid of the orange peel and whatnot going on.

Comment

I'm glad the whole rusty hood thing is played. But I like your gti. Can I has

W I L D M A N 'S R O D S H O P

R.I.P P.WALKER 2013/11/30

Comment

Go Rust !!

Comment

Originally posted by Vito View Post
                      Go Rust !!
                      No.

Car looks awesome OP!

E30 V8 Build thread

Go here be happy!

Instagram: stuartrussell

Store: alwaysindividual.bigcartel.com

Comment

I support fully the no rust decision for sure

can't wait to see it with the futura's

Comment

That's a sweet GTi. If you'd like, I could upload a photo of my friend VR6 for abit of inspiration?

Comment

Originally posted by Vito View Post
                            Go Rust !!
                            Nope, not on this car atleast, probably not on the next either.

Originally posted by softg View Post
                            I support fully the no rust decision for sure

can't wait to see it with the futura's
                            Won't be going with the futuras, they're going to be finished and then sold as I'd rather have the money then the wheels right now.
                            But I think what I have in mind will turn out pretty cool anyway.

Originally posted by Curly08 View Post
                            That's a sweet GTi. If you'd like, I could upload a photo of my friend VR6 for abit of inspiration?
                            Sure, inspiration is always good.

Comment

very sweet Gti.. just that the vento front-end is kinda played out. They actually look fresher with the golf face but still a win!

i had an mk3 gti 5door once too. so this is of my interest

love the car and the work on it so far. keep it up.

Instagram: dankasrz_s666

Comment

Working...
                              X