Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Monsters MiniTruck build(Minus Air Bags)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monsters MiniTruck build(Minus Air Bags)

Sup party people, figured I would post up a build thread for my truck. Its gonna be a long and slow thread since I do things alittle at a time, but pretty soon will be handing it over to a guy in Alabama to do the suspension, cage, RHD conversion, stock floor body drop and redoing the fenders when the BD is done for wheel clearance(think GarageMiniz)

Onto the pics from when I first got it till now
    When I first purchased it

After lowering a bit

Better view with huge tires on stock steelies

Got these wheels off a customer for the el cheapo

installed on some 195/55/15 just to see how it would look

they rubbed hard, this is pre-fender roll

after fender roll(pipe method....lol)

Chillen in my driveway

Alignment, 3degrees negative camber

Belltech 3" lowering leaf springs

No more wheel gap in rear

My Static Hardbody minitruck thread:http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=24537

Factory corner lights from New Zealand

Need to tape the lenses and paint the trim black to match the bumper and grille

doing a once over on my truck before hitting the road to Floriduh(oil change, checking suspension, check brakes, rotate/balance tires and top off rear diff and trans)

Route to Fl

5:45am, Filled up about to hit I95 south

95mph on I95

Finally after 8hrs, I'm in Whorelando, Fl

SC12 supercharger I forgot I had in the garage, will rebuild and abuse it some

7AGE motor loaded up first

Filled up and ready for the 10hr trip that evening

And finally today, installed my 15x10s' on scrap 195/60/15 tires I used to roll and pull my fenders some. Gotta do the rears tomorrow and also install my 195/50/15 tires at the shop as well(Gotta love working for a tire shop)

And thats about it, Got alot planned for this truck and is gonna be a full build for myself since I haven't built anything for myself since 2002, so I'm gonna have some fun with this one.
    My Static Hardbody minitruck thread:http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=24537

Comment

Wow. Good build so far. Like the most recent wheels.
      "I know I'm not Stance|Works material. I'm just a fan. " - Stretchd8

"Jesus must love me " - FittedDownLow

Comment

Thanks, looking for a daily right now so I can start stripping it and mocking in the new motor and trans before taking it to Alabama

Comment

I think your new wheels were off a chevy astrovan or something. I see them on a van that I pass everyday on the way to class and always thought they would look dope on something slammed. Good work.

Comment

Thanks, actually got them off of craigslist. They were originally on a 4x4 Chevy blazer(fullsize) before I purchased them

Comment

I'm not usually a fan of minitrucks, but I'm liking this one. Good work. Will be following.

Comment

this is my wet dream drift/stance build. cant wait to see moar... btw i almost sure the 15x10s you have there are Western wheels. they are very popular with the 4x4 offroad crowd in the 70's&80's, they also are on the A-Team van. Badass....

Comment

great build...

Comment

Originally posted by 666 View Post
                    this is my wet dream drift/stance build. cant wait to see moar... btw i almost sure the 15x10s you have there are Western wheels. they are very popular with the 4x4 offroad crowd in the 70's&80's, they also are on the A-Team van. Badass....
                    Thanks man, this is what this build is gonna focus on. But I wanna be able to drive it on the street as well as be functional on the track. And you are correct about the wheels, I had people wanting to buy them before I even put them onto my truck. lol

Now the question is................do I stay 6lug or convert to 4lug? I have a set of wheels in mind only available in 4lug and had them on a Corolla in the late 90s, or stay 6lug and get some more of these wheels

I also installed my 195/50/15s onto them this morning

Comment

I vote leave the 6-lug. 6x135 wheels are everywhere. Looks great on those Westerns, I feel like it needs a dirty amount of flare or over-fender to be complete though.
                      - Bagged '98 Chevy S10 - Stock '88 Volvo 240DL - Broken '87 Mitsubishi Starion ESi-R - Also Broken '87 Shelby Lancer #707/800 -

Comment

This is awesometarded, I LOVE IT! haha, sick work man!

Comment

Thanks! Really didnt expect this much respect, some minitruckers are just bleh about. I'm even more motivated

Comment

fit the wheels, slam it and you're winner! like this build so much!

cheers!

flickr

Comment

Pull the rear arches like the front and it will be perfect!

Instragram: @lukeybabes

Comment

Working...
                              X