Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Epsilon/Southern Ways Torque Value

Hi Stanceworks,

Does anybody happen to know what torque value is suitable for the 20 bolts that hold together epsilon wheels?

They are M10 fine thread... pretty big bolts. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Taken from this link:
    S-Class (W220) - assembly of 3 piece wheels - Hey guys yesterday I took apart my 20 inch 3 piece wheels as I am having the centers re-powder coated from black to titanium gray (S65 look). Does anyone here have knowledge with re-assembly. I just want some advice on re-assembly should I use loctite on the bolts as I put...

When me and by brother use to take apart wheels for refinish. We were told by epsilon wheels that about 25-30ft lb of torque on each bolt is enough. however you must tighten the bolts in a cross bolt tightening pattern. to even out the load so you dont distort the rim if you tighen all the both on one side before the othe side.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It honestly matters more about torque sequence then the torque (staying within reasonable means). I've seen people torque to 15 pounds and some as high as 40ft lbs. Just aim for 22-25ft/lbs and use locktite on them. They won't be to loose to back out with the locktite, nor will they be on to tight that they can possibly sheer.

GL and post up pictures when you are done for us to enjoy.
    Last edited by electricalbox; 08-05-2013, 12:21 AM.

Comment

Sounds about right I think. Thanks!

In the stickied thread by Thatcher, he says M6 should be about 15 ft lbs, M8 should be 18 ft lbs. M10 at 25ish seems to make sense.

EDIT:

some crappy cell phone pics for now... I don't have enough time to polish them up super nice, but just doing a little bit of cleaning. I am getting a set of r-comps this week so I have to get them sealed up in time to get it mounted before an autocross.

Last edited by frostvectron; 08-06-2013, 02:02 PM.

Comment

Nice pick up!

Post some more once they are finished and mounted.

Comment

Mounted up. Pokes like heck in the rear but it's just for track use so it doesn't bother me.

Comment

i love them

Comment

Working...
            X