SKF bearing

Comment

checklistt

old bmw 2002 valve cover- check
      aircraft remover- check
      dremel- check
      lazyness.....hmmm

Comment

but your stripping the clear coat and you have to be on top polishing frequently right?

Comment

Im finding that the rouge is very hard and does not seem to transfer onto the buffing wheel. I managed to get some brown on, but the white wont transfer at all.

Comment

Hi guys. I bought those wheels and while stripping down the paint I see they have spatula under the paint. Then there is paint again :/
            What would be the best and cheapest way to get this off?
            Virebrush on a drill?

Comment

So, i've been thinking my rear hatch is aluminum aswell as my sunroof, so im going to polish them it'll be alot of work but i want to do it. what do you guys think?
              no sig

Comment

my new wheels keskin kt1 16" 9j et25/15 custom covers , metal bolts

before

after

polished to mirror
                seat cordoba coupe TDI

Comment

What if i wanted to polish the face of the wheel but paint the inside of the mesh?

For Sale - e24 Build thread

Add me on Facebook
                  Instagram @Dared_Turtle

Comment

Then you need to prime it, sand the front of the mesh down to metal, paint it then sand it down again.
                    You will need to sand down to metal between each step or else you will not get a perfect look.
                    because if you imagine the paint layers, first primer (white / green / what ever) then the color you want the windows in, (orange / blue / etc) if you don't sand down to metal on each paint layer you will see the primer "edge" on the inside of the paint.

I have a hard time typing down what i mean, but hope you get the idea.
                    -Instagram@jdjurhuus
                    Stretchsaurus and Pokemon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zic View Post
                      Then you need to prime it, sand the front of the mesh down to metal, paint it then sand it down again.
                      You will need to sand down to metal between each step or else you will not get a perfect look.
                      because if you imagine the paint layers, first primer (white / green / what ever) then the color you want the windows in, (orange / blue / etc) if you don't sand down to metal on each paint layer you will see the primer "edge" on the inside of the paint.

I have a hard time typing down what i mean, but hope you get the idea.
                      definitly get what you mean. makes perfect sense now that youve explained it. Thanks!

For Sale - e24 Build thread

Add me on Facebook
                      Instagram @Dared_Turtle

Comment

• I'll be going on with mother's billet and see how they look...
                        04 .:R32DBP jawn on CCWs with a HPA FT450 kit.

Comment

• question: I used the aircraft stripper and it looked really shiny, so I skipped to the 1200 grit wet sanding...and it made it dull, and I was like wtf, so I kept at it and nothing. Then I started using 1200 dry sanding and it's making it more shiny now. Like that's where I'm at atm. Do you recommend going back to 500 and starting over from there? Do I wet sand all the grits? When I was wet sanding with the 1200 the sandpaper was deteriorating pretty fast, is it supposed to be like that? Also, I went to Lowes, Home Depot, Northern Tool, and I asked for a jeweler's kit, and they didn't know anything, also they only had up to 600 grit. So I found a store that went up to 1200 grit and they had a kit that had two buffs (that attach to a drill) with a red rouge and a white rouge. Do I still need to get a compound then use the white rouge?(it says on the box that the red is for gold, siver, and bronze only). Then I was planning on going to get the mothers mag polish. Like pretty much I was gonna do what the write up says, but I'm kinda confused about the sanding part that i'm on right now. I'm no expert at this as you prolly know by now. Any help is appreciated as i'm going to start working on them tomorrow morning again.
                          Instagram: danimal._
                          Mercedes Build Thread
                          Falcon Build Thread

Comment

• Just finished one of mine.
                            It was pretty dull after having sanded them from 400-2000 and then steel wool. Started polishing them (with Meguiars) and they got really shinny.

So, I assume you should sand them up to whatever grit you like, and then bust out the polish.

Comment

• Has there been made a vid as mentioned in 1st post?

I've got a few questions for you guys..

1. What buffs do you use? Where can I get them? (ebay or online store)
                              2. The 3M wax which is recommended.. is it this one? http://dennysautoparts.com/assets/im...6_31989898.jpg
                              4. Any recommendation of great polishing products in general? To generate a kit

I've got lots of wheels to be polished.. and I've got hold of wheel hubs(cut of wrecked cars) with the bolt patterns I want. I am making a bracket where I bolt the wheel on the hub and it will rotate. Will perhaps add an electic motor with belt/wheel to turn the rim around, would be very helpfull when sanding! I'll post up pictures when I've made it!
                              Last edited by ScottNicolas; 12-18-2011, 02:24 PM.
                              '87 Toyota Supra MKIII
                              '76 Toyota Celica ST2000

Comment

• this could help someone. that's what I've done on my ZW2..

5€ this product:

after 10min...

and the result:

very easy, and do what haave to be done.

http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...t=16940&page=7

Comment

Working...
                                X