go somewhere where they have a drive on rack
    BUSTER!
    Low Standards
    Seffer on the Stanceworks
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by G535 View Post
      Damn, that Link is great!

Does anybody know if toe changes when adjusting coils? I had an alignment done by a shop that aligns a lot of racecars for Nürburgring after i put the coils in. I assume that alignment job was done more than proper. Of course i lowered the car more after a few weeks...
      Yep, that changes. Probably not by much, but when the struts become shorter, the distance/angle of the tierods to the struts changes, and so does the toe.

Comment

wheel/tire size will change the suspension geometry but if only going for toe then it wont make any difference

Comment

Originally posted by manjambles View Post
          wheel/tire size will change the suspension geometry but if only going for toe then it wont make any difference

Comment

ride height will adjust toe on any car. not as drastic but you got to remember. when you lower a car the tie rod is moving on a angle. so technically its shortening the tie rods. mostly why a car will feel ever so sketchy, your get a little tad bit of wheel shimmy, or pull to one side more after drastically lowering it.

ill recheck m alignments after adjusting the coils but with my driveway not being completely level I'm sure my toe is not perfect. but i have yet to notice extreme uneven or quick tire ware.
            Last edited by Minty_Fresh; 05-21-2012, 11:07 AM.
            doing it for the internet and the scene kids.

Comment

all this is very true. ride height will effect your alignment angles. and that is why the first thing you do in an alignment is check the tire pressure and adjust to where it needs to be- because that will affect ride height and thus affect all the alignment angles.

OP you can get weld in camber and toe kits for the rear sub-frame. all you do is pre- adjust them for the maximum amount of correction, since they can only adjust for 1.25-degrees- positive or negative. although toe should not be very far off( that one you may need to find a shop that has a proper setup that allows for adjustment at the ride height that you want.

with older cars that have only toe adjustments in the front they usually do a Toe and go. and with this weld on kit, they can do the front and back toe adjustment.
              Last edited by CHIF8008; 07-05-2012, 03:18 AM.
              -FREEDOM- is cruisin at 80, windows down and listening to the perfect song-thinking "this is it"
              -The Beauty in the Tragedy-
              MECHANIC SMASH!!- (you all know you do it)
              Got Drop??

Comment

Working...
              X