My attempt at building a website!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My attempt at building a website!

well me and a friend got bored the other day and tried to build a website.. its nothing amazing but its a start for us.. hopefully we can make it bigger and better.. now i know asking people online for their input is like being a pig in a slaughter house but for the few of you that will help are really the only ones i need to here from. Register, post, lmk what i could add/change. Thanks

http://Hardparkedunion.com

PLEASE "LIKE" US ON FACEBOOK
    Last edited by J-Dizzle; 03-25-2012, 06:50 PM.

Nobody has any feed back?

Comment

im on so many forums already... lol, but looks like a good start.. obviously since its your first attempt its not gonna be perfect. but once you understand what people want in a forum, youll be on a good start to being the first creater for that site.

Comment

actually looks like you kinda took some time on it
        BUSTER!
        Low Standards
        Seffer on the Stanceworks
        sigpic

Comment

thanks guys... actually put alot of time in it. we are still working on stickers and clothing. but hopefully we will have something going and more members soon!

Comment

stickers would be dope!

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

without being really harsh it looks like you're not up on your 'fresh design' - the chosen font is horrific for the logo and its quite busy to read - is that a reflection on 'clean' cars or more of a ratstyle choice?

if you can i'd change that logo and close the gap between the banner and said logo/title - there's so much space there I got lost for a moment!
                another suggestion would be to try match the titles and links in colour to the logo - details and attention to said details like that really help to bring a website together and be easy on the eye.

your articles are quite short but that makes sense as you're very new - try fleshing them out and practise by doing a feature on your own/a friend's car?

(as a sideline, I do wordpress themes for very little cash if you're stuck and would be happy to work with you on a theme.)
                Last edited by ratmog; 03-14-2012, 06:13 PM.

Originally posted by Jersh
                RT changes lives.

Comment

Better than I could have done with Dreamweaver...

Comment

Originally posted by ratmog View Post
                    without being really harsh it looks like you're not up on your 'fresh design' - the chosen font is horrific for the logo and its quite busy to read - is that a reflection on 'clean' cars or more of a ratstyle choice?

if you can i'd change that logo and close the gap between the banner and said logo/title - there's so much space there I got lost for a moment!
                    another suggestion would be to try match the titles and links in colour to the logo - details and attention to said details like that really help to bring a website together and be easy on the eye.

your articles are quite short but that makes sense as you're very new - try fleshing them out and practise by doing a feature on your own/a friend's car?

(as a sideline, I do wordpress themes for very little cash if you're stuck and would be happy to work with you on a theme.)
                    it was my first theme.. i also have found it hard to find themes that will run simple press forums without a problem. i have been looking for a better theme to run on the site but havent had to much luck! if you know of any please let me know!

Comment

Originally posted by J-Dizzle View Post
                      it was my first theme.. i also have found it hard to find themes that will run simple press forums without a problem. i have been looking for a better theme to run on the site but havent had to much luck! if you know of any please let me know!
                      try getting the trial version of artisteer - I have the full version and am happy to convert themes for you (:

Originally posted by Jersh
                      RT changes lives.

Comment

No idea what that is... Went into this with 0 knowledge of website building. So trying to learn everything i can! hopefully soon i can get out of WP themes.

Comment

I actually used to work in design and have designed many websites in the past, wordpress is a great way to go, easy backend and easy to use, until you want to start customizing it, then it gets tricky, but not so much from a coding aspect but from a design aspect and then making the functionality of the site meet your design. If you check out my website, http://chrisjames1.com, that is all wordpress based, so the functionality of it is there but it is all designed from a raw base. My advise to you is dont make compramises look at other sites that you really like the look of and try and pic and choose yours. But the number one thing to remember is design. Start with http://kuller.com and pic a good color pallete, then come up with a font treatment, and a design treatment, is everything going to be in blocks, or is everything going to be rounded, is everything gonna be framed, etc. And if you need any help along the way let me know. Another good resource for coding is http://stackoverflow.com if your having a problem, chances are somebody else is too.

But to answer your question, your site doesn't look bad, it just at the moment looks like you plugged in a template and that was it, not saying thats what you did, but thats sorta what it looks like, keep banging away and youll get it

29 Model A // 55 GMC 100 // 66 C10 // 72 BMW 2002 2.7 M20 Turbo // 75 CB500T Custom // 84 Jetta Diesel

72 BMW 2002 2.7 M20 Turbo Build Thread // INSTAGRAM

Comment

im in the process of switching templates to one the i made my self.. that hopefully flows a bit better then the old!!!

Comment

What`s the theme of the forum?What people must be intersted to join?
                              I believe you need a theme.What kind of people would join.

Comment

Working...
                              X