Moving my thread over... Sin City e36

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving my thread over... Sin City e36

Bought an e36 last year to daily... got bored with it and started building my e36 several months back

************For those of you who don't want to read through an entire thread, here is a quick photo of how the car sits right now****************************

The car was purchased bone stock. 100% virgin. Since ownership, I've installed Bilstein PSS9 coilovers, M50 mani, intake, exhaust, M3 brakes all around, M3 front bumper, M3 mirrors, and Racing Dynamics skirts and rear bumper, along with bits. I also picked up a set of old school Kinesis 3 piece wheels to build and throw on. Anyway here are a few photo's of progression.

Follow along, the stance is coming guys.

Here is the closest pic to stock I've got. This is when I threw on some VERY temporary wheels.

Then I picked these up:

And installed M3 brakes up front (rear shortly afterwards), along with a little more low.
    Last edited by Dangerwillrbnsn; 02-19-2012, 05:37 PM.

Then I started experimenting with what I could do with "low". The tires wouldn't allow for much, being 235/45's

At this point, I decided to refinish the 3 piece wheels... and picked up a set of stockers to roll around on for a while.

I got bored, lowered it some more and put 12mm spacers on the stock wheels to fill out the gap some.

Comment

Here are a few pics of the wheels in the process of refinishing. This is fresh from PowderCoating.

Just checking out the centers in the lips... obviously I have yet to polish them up.

Comment

Lips came back from the shine shop!

1.5" lips up front, 2.5 in the rear.

I'll be getting more photo's of the car soon. I've been working on it so much that I haven't really taken time to update that. It's now got a full M kit on it, with another set of temporary wheels, and a NICE fender pull/roll on it.

Paint should be soon. Followed shortly by a wheel fitting, stancing, and professional photoshoot instead of this silly camera-phone.

DWR

Comment

Here's a few crappy pics so that I can remember what it looked like before paint:

I received my new lips for the rears today (2.5") courtesy of Mr. Thatcher Shultz. Thank you again Thatcher!

I was really hoping for 3", but unfortunately they were not in stock... and since I am impatient I just opted for the 2.5" lips. This gives me a 8.5" front, 9.5" rear setup. The fronts weigh in at 17.5lbs, and the rears 21lbs (with lug nuts).

Here's a photo of the rear completely assembled for your viewing pleasure:

Comment

Well, I missed paint... again. But I picked up a new set of wheels to rock for a bit.

Style 5's, 17x8, 17x9. Et20 front with spacers et8, rears are et22. Will add spacers and camber this week.

Also dropped it some more. The pss9's are now maxed out for low. If I want more low, I have to remove the tender springs.

Comment

Well, I've been doing a little more work here and there. Almost ready for paint, I've changed a few things up. Instead of the M kit, I've decided on a Racing Dynamics rear bumper, and racing dynamics side skirts.

More importantly, I've mounted tires to my wheels. 205/40/17 all around, fronts are 17x8.5, rears are 17x9.5. A few pics to show the setup. I know I keep saying it, but more low coming soon!

Comment

Took the car over to the paint booth today. Still needs a bit of bodywork. Stretching the fenders is a little tough to get perfectly straight after stretching metal so much. I pulled off all the trim, bumpers, nose, lights, etc...

It should be out of paint by Tuesday. I'll update probly daily now since this is where things progress quickly.

I decided LAST MINUTE not to run an aftermarket hood or nose panel... and picked up a straight, but used hood and nose panel. Needless to say, there was some last minute fixing to do!

And a shot of the RD rear... just because.

Comment

The next several pics are just general body, priming, guidecoating, etc... some people find it interesting I suppose.

Got the hood all patched up and caught up to the rest of the car... it's ready!

Comment

The small parts will PROBLY be painted tonight... but I likely won't update anymore until tomorrow. I guess that's it for now then. I just wanted to move this out of the intro section.

Comment

so freakin sick.. i wish i could do this. haha

Comment

that's a lot of work - Liking the details in the pictures. Keep us updated.

"Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"

Comment

nice work so far mate

Comment

The typical "can you please hold the rims?" while she doesn't understand all the madness and just laughs..

Comment

Fantastic progress. Subd.
                              The first Avenger.

Comment

Working...
                              X