Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can i get a scion tc as fast as a 2006 Mustang Gt?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can i get a scion tc as fast as a 2006 Mustang Gt?

if i get a scion tc what mods can i get to make it as fast as a mustang please price on the mods are not an issue. I just need to know how to get he hp boosted. Please also where can i go im located...

I see your other thread and since it's asking about an automatic Scion TC I doubt you be able to make it as fast as a Mustang GT, as it will likely require lots of boost. There is no simple bolt on way to get a TC into the 300hp range, as the mustang GT is quite a contender.( the new ones especially )

I can say that with enough money TCs can be fast but I doubt you have the cash to support your "price on mods are not an issue" statement. The TRD supercharger only got those cars to around 200whp , while Greddy bumped them to 275chp with a turbo. World products (who also compete using several TC "based" race cars) has a turbo kit that could likely put you over 300whp if your willing to build the motor and get it properly tuned, then add brakes and suspension and you could have a mustang killer. . .If it wan't an automatic and you had around 10-12k to spend on modifications.

Comment

You can make the TC as fast as a GT. idk If it will last more then one pull but with a turbo kit you could. idk if there is a diff between trans. one is prolly beefier than the other.
      Never Scared to be Different.

retaH Please on Facebook

Comment

good luck lol. you should just get a mustang gt if you want to go fast. mustang gt + 3--4k = 400+ whp. Even if you make it faster than a stock mustang it wouldnt take much for the mustang to smoke you.
        sigpic
        No Air, Like Jordin Sparks

Comment

with enough money, anything can be faster than a mustang

Comment

get a big block and make it rwd

Comment

Originally posted by trism View Post
              with enough money, anything can be faster than a mustang
              with enough money, a mustang can be faster than anything.

-Justin
              1987 Chrysler Conquest TSi

Comment

Originally posted by trenton2345 View Post
                if i get a scion tc what mods can i get to make it as fast as a mustang please price on the mods are not an issue. I just need to know how to get he hp boosted. Please also where can i go im located...
                Looking at your post, I'm guessing you don't know too much about motor work, and I'm guessing you got flogged by a Mustang recently. The fact is, you're not going to be able to race a Mustang, especially not with an automatic car, as implied by another post in this thread. You're better off going for style, honestly, the super-quick TCs that I've seen are usually extremely modified, and almost strictly for autocrossing, AKA impossible DD cars.

The fact is, the 305-315 the stock GT puts out is barely scratching the surface that is the modular 4.6. I know a kid with an 06 who has only done breathing and a tune (headers back, K&N intake), and he's making 370 or so right now, thanks to a good speed shop who knows how to match parts. Getting a TC to match those numbers would require a custom turbo setup, forged internals, and most definitely a manual gearbox.

My advice would be to just enjoy what you have. The TC is a decent little car, it gets pretty good mileage and certainly isn't ugly. Mild body mods and a good suspension setup, plus some good wheels, will make it shine; trying to run a janky turbo setup will only ruin all the good points on the car, and probably make it unreliable.

Comment

youre not in the right car, sorry buddy
                  1988 Toyota MR2 Supercharged
                  Stance:Nation Feature | Build Thread

Comment

stock mustang gt runs maybe 245 at the wheels- a small turbo setup would be more thank enough to walk all over that- numerous turbo kits out there and its cheap as hell to get to 250whp and if you stay sub gt2871 youll be fine with spooling the shit out of it

member # 1168

Originally posted by Deltron
                    fast & furious 6 will just be slammed cars. Brians new job is stealing and selling oilpans. the climax of the movie is when torretto has to get over a speedbump.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon C View Post
                      Looking at your post, I'm guessing you don't know too much about motor work, and I'm guessing you got flogged by a Mustang recently. The fact is, you're not going to be able to race a Mustang, especially not with an automatic car, as implied by another post in this thread. You're better off going for style, honestly, the super-quick TCs that I've seen are usually extremely modified, and almost strictly for autocrossing, AKA impossible DD cars.

The fact is, the 305-315 the stock GT puts out is barely scratching the surface that is the modular 4.6. I know a kid with an 06 who has only done breathing and a tune (headers back, K&N intake), and he's making 370 or so right now, thanks to a good speed shop who knows how to match parts. Getting a TC to match those numbers would require a custom turbo setup, forged internals, and most definitely a manual gearbox.

My advice would be to just enjoy what you have. The TC is a decent little car, it gets pretty good mileage and certainly isn't ugly. Mild body mods and a good suspension setup, plus some good wheels, will make it shine; trying to run a janky turbo setup will only ruin all the good points on the car, and probably make it unreliable.
                      maybe crank hp- I run 295 at the wheels and can walk a 06 gt with headers, exhaust, software, et, and from 50-130 I am 10 cars easy- below 50 its just a joke

mustang= horrific- unless your talking kenne belle or a turbo your not making above 310 at the wheels on a realistic dyno unless our running stupid compression and race fuel

member # 1168

fast & furious 6 will just be slammed cars. Brians new job is stealing and selling oilpans. the climax of the movie is when torretto has to get over a speedbump.

Comment

Originally posted by Skibum291 View Post
                        maybe crank hp- I run 295 at the wheels and can walk a 06 gt with headers, exhaust, software, et, and from 50-130 I am 10 cars easy- below 50 its just a joke

mustang= horrific- unless your talking kenne belle or a turbo your not making above 310 at the wheels on a realistic dyno unless our running stupid compression and race fuel
                        How much internal work did you do? I'm doubting you just slapped a turbo on and called it a day to get those numbers.

I'm questioning this because ten lengths seems like way too much.

Comment

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3IrlpkeViQ&feature=related"]YouTube - JESSICAS 662WHP SCION TC DYNO @ 29.5 PSI NO VVTI[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54bjpPVZazY&feature=related"]YouTube - 61mm Turbo TC VS 2009 C6 ZO6 with mods[/ame]

or if price isn't a problem... sell the TC and buy something thats faster than the Stang...

Follow Me On Instagram! @jvc8790 #jvcphotography

Comment

hit the nail on the head, ive seen some quick tC's but they are strictly track cars and not DD"s. honestly your better of with the super charged TC and enjoy it for what it is

Comment

How much internal work did you do? I'm doubting you just slapped a turbo on and called it a day to get those numbers.

I'm questioning this because ten lengths seems like way too much.
                              i had an s4- im just saying with the correct setup you can easily walk a stock gt

member # 1168

Comment

Working...
                              X